Postings by Ra's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

Choosing the Right Dog > what breed does he look like?
Lancer

Lickin your feet- all the time

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '14 6:19am PST 
Here's this pup at a german shepherd rescue in my area!

http://www.sheprescue.org/Gizmo von Goslar.html

He has such an interesting coat color! His face says not German Shepherd. But I could be wrong! The first thing I thought was canaan dog. What breed does he look most like/what breeds mixed? I'm extremely curious...
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 3 9:36 pm

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?
Lancer

Barked: Wed Feb 12, '14 4:06pm PST 
So... Dogster's community section will not be closing! big grin cheer

... wait what? It's kind of unfortunate for those who have already spent much effort and time into relocating/recreating other forums and Dogster-like sites.

But still...! I'm relieved, but confused how exactly this happened. The article didn't explain much!
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Dog Breed Directory

Lancer

Barked: Wed Jan 22, '14 12:54am PST 
I'm just directly copy and pasting every informative post into a word document on google drive. And I label each section under the breed. I only put down the breeds that I'm interested in (and all the ones with Tiller's posts even if I'm not interested in the breed at the moment LOL), and it took me 2~3 hours to do... phew!

Also, feel free to ask me for the file if anyone wants it! Even though it's not a complete compilation of every thread...
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Jan 24 5:28 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Is there a Tiller thread on German Shepherds?

Lancer

Barked: Mon Jan 20, '14 7:19pm PST 
I remember reading a thread with these huge informative posts from Tiller on German Shepherds before, but I can't find them anymore... Did anyone happen to have this saved somewhere or?

I'm currently in the process of compiling all the useful posts on various breeds that many of you have written in the past. big grin (So that I will have them all... FOREVER... bahaha... whenever I happen to need info on a certain breed, I will have some at hand)

ETA: Are there any Tiller posts on Corgis too?

ETA again: I haven't forgotten about the discussion about Goldens and Newfies and bomb-proof breeds either. Thanks very much to Tiller and Watson and others who have contributed, I have those posts all saved too for my own future reference. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bunny, Jan 20 7:50 pm

Lancer

Barked: Sat Jan 18, '14 8:40pm PST 
I just wanted to say that I think it's amazing that so many people here are striving to reorganize in another community together to continue dog education, making friends, and all the rest! cloud 9

I just made an account there too, now "pending staff approval". My username is crimsondog. Most likely I'll just continue creeping on the threads to continue learning and improving myself. I'm sure the issues will be worked out soon with such dedicated and loving people.

snoopy

~Fiona
[notify]
» There has since been 412 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Lancer

Barked: Fri Jan 17, '14 2:58am PST 
This is such sad news...

I'm /mostly/ a thread creeper here, but if the threads are gone, I can't keep learning either. frown I've been reading threads here since 6 years ago. I remember it was extremely active back then.

I'm always striving to learn about various breeds and training methods as much as possible, there are so many experienced and knowledgeable people here, and I've always enjoyed and learned so much from Tiller's breed posts.

*secretly saves all of Tiller's breed posts into a text file*

I just joined Dogster Buddies on facebook though. I hope many of you can join too!
[notify]
» There has since been 535 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Purchasing 2 dobermans advice or opinion?

Ra

Veteran Watchdog

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 5:34pm PST 
Dog aggression in Doberman's isn't breed typical. Tiller expands on that.

Read through Tiller's posts in these two threads. She has very in-depth knowledge about Dobermans. Don't forget to remove the space in the links!

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Choosing_the_Right_Dog/threa d/623649/1

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Choosing_the_Right_Dog/t hread/564019
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ace, Dec 29 11:25 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Tiller!! Alaskan Klee Kais?

Ra

Veteran Watchdog

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 5:06pm PST 
Oh no! I wasn't aware.. frown Thoughts and prayers for her..

Thank you for the links Twister! I'll read into them. The first link is very informative.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ace, Dec 29 11:23 am

Ra

Veteran Watchdog

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 1:32am PST 
I guess they are even more rare than I originally thought... shock
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Ace, Dec 29 11:23 am

Ra

Veteran Watchdog

Barked: Tue Dec 10, '13 3:28pm PST 
Hey guys! Hopefully Tiller is around and has some input. I have a friend who ... I'm not very clear on how... has a connection to someone who plans on introducing the Alaskan Klee Kai to South Korea. I don't think she is a breeder herself, but knows breeders there who hope to take on the breed.

I can only assume that the breeders are reputable, since I don't know them myself-- they title their dogs in agility and do conformation showing in South Korea.

He was looking for more info on the breed here, since Alaskan Klee Kais were created in the US (?), past the general websites we can just google. Any dog shows to attend that have AKK? Anywhere to meet and chat with an AKK breeder? Since I know they're not AKC recognized... or any information on the breed itself and maybe details on the breed's history... or any constructive comments at all would be great!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Ace, Dec 29 11:23 am

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.