Postings by Mabel's Family

GO!

Dog Health > Teeth cleaning- anything I should be aware of?

Mabel

Let's Go Biking!

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 7:54pm PST 
I have found that stevia kills dental bacteria, which prevents tartar buildup. I put a drop or two on a toothbrush and brush my dogs' teeth at least once a week. It isn't toxic to dogs and I only have to use very little. They like the sweet taste, too!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sheeba, Apr 7 8:43 am

Dog Health > shaking head, itching ears, black goopy wet earwax :(
Mabel

Let's Go Biking!

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 7:49pm PST 
Liquid St. John's Wort extract will do the trick. It cleared up Mabel's ear infection within a week. I swear by it! A friend of mine told me about it when the stuff from the vet and money down the drain didn't work. A bottle only cost $12 and it treated the ear infection and I only used 1/4 of the bottle. I keep it and use it in the ears anytime I noticed any inflammation or excessive wax, which tends to happen in my breeds.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Meesha, Apr 17 8:10 am

Dog Health > Our Dog and Insect Control in the Home..

Mabel

Let's Go Biking!

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 7:44pm PST 
We have some experience with this. We often get flea/tick/mosquitos in the home. I've found that an ounce of pomegranate seed oil mixed into a large spray bottle of water and just spray this on the carpets, counters, sinks, bathtub, around enterances, etc. Anywhere you see bugs, you can spray it. I've found that it works like a charm!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Otto, Apr 9 12:20 am

Other Barks & Woofs > Scanner in Kansas City

Mabel

Let's Go Biking!

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 7:39pm PST 
Does anybody know of anyone who has a sheep scanner in Kansas City or the surrounding area?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mabel, Apr 6 7:39 pm

Dog Health > why can't he have normal stool!?

Mabel

Let's Go Biking!

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 7:36pm PST 
Mabel has a similar problem. She has a very sensitive stomach. I've started cooking up millet, amaranth leaf, and soybeans and mixing this in with her kibble (Science Diet). It has firmed up her stools and I have seen one loose poop in the last six months! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (R.I.P.), Apr 23 2:44 pm

Dog Health > 5 1/2 old puppy running with both hind legs together and lazy sits, bad sign?
Mabel

Let's Go Biking!

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 7:26pm PST 
This is probably just a stage. At this age, she is still growing and developing, so it may just be more comfortable in that position. It doesn't necessary indicate an orthopedic problem.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Nix, Apr 7 3:48 pm

Behavior & Training > Moose pulls like a Moose

Mabel

Let's Go Biking!

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 7:22pm PST 
I've never had that problem with the Easy Walk harness. Are you sure you have it adjusted right? I've never seen this problem with the Easy Walk harness before. As for the "walk the other way" technique, I've found this to be fairly effective, as long as the dog isn't distracted by something. Otherwise, you are going to end up pulling the dog's neck, and you certainly don't want that. This is a technique best done on a harness. I also recommend the Walk In Sync Sport harness. I've seen many dog mommies and daddies use it very effectively. But, I'll stick to the Easy Walk harness. Are you leaving it on all the time or just during a walk? It's not a good idea to leave any harness on all the time. Make sure it is adjusted right, too. The Walk In Sync Sport harness has a different build, so maybe that will help.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Apr 9 11:40 pm

Behavior & Training > Dumbbells for Medium Dogs

Mabel

Let's Go Biking!

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 7:18pm PST 
Does anybody know what size dumbbell I should be ordering for my medium-sized dog? At her obedience class she was leant one by a Kerry Blue Terrier mommy, but it seemed too big to fit in her mouth. Instead I had her retrieve a kong. I've found one to order that says it is seven inches. I don't know the manufacturer. Does this sound right?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Happy, Apr 7 11:03 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.