Postings by Hunter's Family

GO!

Dog Health > Frontline

Rosie

Barked: Tue Jun 10, '14 10:11am PST 
I took my 2 year old yorkie to see the vet because she was scratching quite a bit. He found nothing wrong with her and gave her a treatment of Frontline just in case it was something microscopic. He sent me home with some leave in conditioner. I waited the two days before giving her a bath and when I did she broke out in hives from the waist up. In about 10 mins. they were all gone. The next day I just wet her to put the conditioner on her as directed and again the hives showed up in the same area. Now I called my vet and was told there is no way it's the Frontline because in order for her to have an allergy she would have to have been exposed to it before. So now he gave me an allergy shampoo and has put her on vanectyl. To me it all seems a little crazy. Any help would be appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Willow, Jun 14 8:58 am

Dog Health > Dog is yelping
Rosie

Barked: Fri Mar 7, '14 1:52pm PST 
My dog Rosie is one and a half year old yorkie. Two days ago she yelped when I went to pick her up. I poked and prodded her and nothing. She also yelped when she jumped off the couch or is standing on her back legs in excitement. She is eating,pooping and behaving normally.She also doesn't have a limp or holding up her paw when she does it. Anyone have any suggestions.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali, Mar 7 5:36 pm

Dog Health > vomiting pink tinged mucus

Rosie

Barked: Sun Jul 7, '13 12:04pm PST 
Well it's been a couple of hours since the second time she vomited. She doesn't have diarrhea. She is running around and barking at everything and I think she's a little angry because I haven't fed her yet. She loves to eat! Thanks for the advice on the water though. I don't want to jump to conclusions right yet because the only vet open today is the emergency clinic and they charge $200 to start. My regular vet doesn't open until tomorrow at 8am. Don't get me wrong I love my dog but I also love to be able to pay my rent and feed my kids...lol
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 7 3:30 pm

Dog Health > vomiting pink tinged mucus

Rosie

Barked: Sun Jul 7, '13 11:24am PST 
I have a yorkie. She is put in a pen at night. This morning when I went to get her she had thrown up all over. One area looked like a pile of dry dog food. Two other spots looked like dried yellow water and one little spot was very light pink tinged mucus. So I never fed her any breakfast. A few hours later she had a big drink of water and started puking up pink tinged mucus again.I'm just thinking she just has an upset stomach. If she doesn't get any better I will take her to the vet in the morning. In the meantime any suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 7 3:30 pm

Dog Health > yelping yorkie

Rosie

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 10:48pm PST 
Sorry I couldn't figure out how to change the picture from Hunter to Rosie. I want to thank everyone for advice. The reason for posting on here was because it was 11:00 P.M. and Rosie was walking fine just letting out a little yelp once in a while without favoring her paws at all. I never post on these forums because I hate it when people insult my intelligence by saying take her to the vet. I just wanted to know if anyone had the same experience that maybe they could offer some advice before I took her to an emergency clinic and dished out BIG BUCKS. Needless to say I put her to bed and she woke up the next morning totally fine and bouncing off the walls as usual. So thanks again to all that replied.smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kali, Nov 12 6:19 pm

Dog Health > yelping yorkie
Hunter

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 10:34pm PST 
My 5 month old yorkie fell off the couch while tangled in her blanket and she fell pretty hard. She is walking fine but is letting out the odd yelp. Almost like it could be in the joint. Any suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Kali, Nov 12 6:19 pm

Dog Health > Lump on joint

Barked: Thu Jan 12, '12 3:52pm PST 
My dog Hunter is a 3yr old yorkie/maltese cross. He had a small lump above the skin about the size of a pea and hard to the touch.Other dog owners told me not to worry about it so like a dummy I didn't. He has had it for months. Yesterday while taking off his jacket he started yelping.Now the lump is kinda gone but in it's place is a huge buldge under the skin that is obviously painful and he doesn't want to walk. It is located in the joint of his front leg. I was just wondering if anyone has had the same thing happen to them and have any idea what it could be.He was at the vet today but I have to wait for results.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Snickers, Jan 14 10:47 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.