Postings by Seela's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

Dog Health > It Came On So Fast =(
Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '14 8:45pm PST 
So glad Bella is doing better and hope that it continues to be great news. What a huge scare!
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Bella, Mar 18 4:00 pm

Behavior & Training > Should I find another vet?
Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Mon Jan 27, '14 9:18pm PST 
Like what everyone else said - this vet abused your puppy. If he had tried this with some of the dogs I have/had, he would not have a face left (by my dogs or me). I had a vet that hurt one of my GSD's and I literally came across the table at him. She had a large cyst, which I was concerned as it was a lump. He was so pushing surgery, but I declined as she was past 10 yrs and it wasn't bothering her and it was just a cyst. He came out with a scalpel and just jabbed her with it and she screamed. No cleaning the area before hand or after (the puss was all over her back). The vet was upset because I wouldn't put her under for surgery. I told him to piss off and did not pay and of course never went back. Sadly, there are vets out there that do not have the passion for working with animals. Maybe they flunk being a MD and take it out on the animals.

I would certainly not go back. I would see if there are reviews for this vet on the net and tell your story. Not sure if you would get any response reporting him, or if anything would happen.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Feb 10 3:58 am

German Shepherd > Moxie went to the rainbow bridge

Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Wed Jan 22, '14 11:20am PST 
So sorry to hear about Moxie. Cancer is such a horrible thing a dog owner goes through. I lost my beautiful Kira at 6 yrs.with Leukemia (ALL). Sometimes no amount of love or money helps them survive this terrible disease.

I really loved you post about the "Shelter Manager". I am going to post on my FB page. Willie and Ciela were both adopted through a rescue group.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Moxie - my precious angel - 1, Jan 22 1:23 pm

Dog Health > cost associated with grade 6 heart murmur

Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Mon Jan 20, '14 7:28am PST 
So you got the little guy home - great! Are they letting you foster first and them adopt if you want (sounds like it from your last post). Seela was 6 yrs when I adopted her - no medical problems but a host of other issues. I am just glad she can live the rest of her life happy.

Best of luck on your new little addition.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Seela, Jan 20 7:28 am

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?

Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Sat Jan 18, '14 4:24pm PST 
Hi All: It is sad news that this site will be gone. I had checked out ideas from others regarding a new forum. I also had been a victim of identify loss of information so I also am wary when I have to submit personal information - like full birth dates etc. I had checked out this forum, seems like a small base of members but there seems to be good profiles, forums and groups. I did not register, but it seems like a good site to regroup and perhaps make this an even better site. There seems to be a lot of forum posts with no answers, so I can see where all our experiences can help other dog lovers.

I am not sure how to link on here - but if you cannot get on - you can google. I do not like FB sites - I have my own private and personal FB pages and do not want to expose myself to unregulated sites.

What do you guys think? I do love dogsters, I have not maybe been very active but have been fighting cancer last couple of years. Everything looking positive, but I look forward getting onto Dogster in the mornings. Can I join the group that is going to move to a certain site?

http://www.i-love-dogs.com/forums/
[notify]
» There has since been 438 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Wed Jan 15, '14 8:53pm PST 
That is good that they are going to disclose his full medical condition. If you are still considering adopting this dog, I would talk to your vet (or talk to a local one that you would use) and ask them would you could expect to pay monthly for the bills. Then you will have to think logically what you can afford. A suggestion might be that you talk to the rescue group (or where he is) that perhaps you will be willing to be a permanent foster home for this guy, they pay for medical costs and you pay for food and other expenses. You just never know what they may be inclined to do.

Yes, it is so hard to pass up a dog that you feel sympathy for, but you have to think that this dog can be around for a while with permanent medical problems. You have to think what would be the best suited dog for you and your home life, otherwise you would not be happy with this dog in the long run. It would not be good for the dog, nor you.

I hope all goes well with your decision and let us know what happens.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Seela, Jan 20 7:28 am

Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Tue Jan 14, '14 9:11pm PST 
A grade 6 heart murmur is very high and of course is a symptom of heart disease. I cannot believe they will not disclose full medical information on this dog prior to adopting. You adopt him first then find out the condition can get worse. Sorry, even though your heart strings are tugging you have to think with your head. If you are worrying about medical bills, then you should pass on this poor dog. I had a dog with a medium heart murmur and he died before a year old of a heart attack.

There are so many adoptable healthy dogs that are put down because homes are not available to them. Perhaps you should keep looking and find a dog that would be a better fit.

If you do adopt this dog (or any dog), you will have to be prepared for unexpected medical bills, but adopting a dog with a high grade heart murmur, you most certainly will be hit with more than your average vet bills.

Not sure if this helps. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Seela, Jan 20 7:28 am

Behavior & Training > My dog isn't terribly bright?

Willie

Furever Baby

Barked: Tue Jan 14, '14 5:27pm PST 
Willie certainly isn't the sharpest tack in the box also. He is seven now and seemed to just kinda matured more at 5 yrs. He does not like his paws wet, cold or dirty and just hates the rain, wind and cold. He is extremely wimpy - just the total opposite from his sister. Willie is also very very lazy, has his own bunky in our camping trailer, his own lazy boy recliner and numerous pet beds. Willie is also the biggest love, huggy bug. Tricks are also beneath him, but he will sit for his supper/breakfast. He does not like going for walks and feels he does not need a collar or leash according to his treaty rights born on an indian reservation.

Willie is the best dog in the world!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willie, Jan 14 5:27 pm

Dog Health > Worried and Angry About Lab Left Outside

Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Sun Jan 12, '14 6:46am PST 
It is so good you called to help this poor lab. Unfortunately, these animal abusers probably have learned nothing. You will still have to keep an eye on the poor dog. A poor dog near Halifax NS was found frozen to death (chained to the dog house) in which they needed a pick axe to recover the body. No animal should have to suffer like this - it just breaks my heart.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 1:58 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > i was just about to give up and take my dog back when
Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Sat Jan 11, '14 7:48am PST 
Mumford is soooooo cute. It is hard to believe such a cutie can be such a beastie!

Patience and consistency is the key to rewarding you with good household manners. I did not have problems with the potty housebreaking but certainly had issues with my 6 yr rescue GSD Seela. Willie was a rez dog rescue and is the perfect little angel boy.

I am sure that there are many ways to help with the potty training, but I found if the dog goes poop in the house, take it outside where you want him to go. Next time you take him outside, he will realize (hopefully sooner than later) this is the place to go. Give him a high value treat when he goes potty in the right spot. Restricting him in one area, or in the crate, until you take him outside to the bathroom will help. If this doesn't work, I am sure there are many other suggestions to try.

Most importantly, you do not know what this poor little guy went through before you got him. It is not the dogs fault he is like this, it is the people before you that gave him these problems. Eventually, he will learn to trust and respect you and you will be rewarded a thousand fold. It certainly makes you feel better knowing that you gave a beautiful dog a new chance at life.

Good luck and keep us posted our little Mumford.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Ember FDX, Jan 22 1:26 pm

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.