Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Small Dogs > Sweaters/Clothing for Small Dogs
Buster Brown

One can never- have too much- cuddling.

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '12 8:46am PST 
Buster needs an extra layer as the wether turns chilly. His hair on his underside is just so thin. I've been buying him sweaters when they go on sale in the spring. I just buy like 5 and I dont have to worry about him outgrowning them or anything.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Mar 26 3:07 pm

Small Dogs > stories between you and your dog
Buster Brown

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '12 8:32am PST 
Sumo I'm so glad your Hu-mom got you from those people. It's amazing you didn't die!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 14 12:16 pm

Small Dogs > stories between you and your dog

Buster Brown

Barked: Wed Sep 26, '12 1:50pm PST 
My name is Buster, and so far in my life I have learned there are some people who are not very nice. But I dont let that keep me down, when I first met my second hu-mom I threw myself at her feet. I could see that she wasn't like the people I had been living with. She seemed to understand that I needed to go home with her. So when they said they didn't want me she took me home. She has been helping me become an even better doggie. I find that I like to explore my backyard. And I even like toys now, she had to teach me how to play with them.

I have also found that I can help my mommy when she is sad, she misses the dogs she has lost in the past.

I have a great life now, I even have a hu-sister, though she can be quite a pest at times. I never have to hear someone yelling at me or fear anyone kicking me again.

puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Oct 14 12:16 pm

Small Dogs > Can boy dogs wear a little bit of Pink?

Buster Brown

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 1:39pm PST 
I have been known to paint my boy Buster's nails from time to time. He likes any kind of attention he can get. Dogs just want to have fun and be with you. they dont care what color they are doing it in.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Dec 11 6:46 am

Sports & Agility > Getting started?

Buster Brown

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '12 3:41pm PST 
My Buster is a JR X Pug mix. He was meant to be one of those designer breeds. I don’t buy into that whole back yard breeding crap but I'm his 2nd owner and he is a great little dog. He has all the energy of a Jack and the lap dog love in the house of a Pug.

When I first got him from his other owners he didn't even know how to play like a dog. He'd never even seen a dog toy I don’t think.

In my quest to teach him how to be a dog I think agility would be a perfect fit for him. He loves to run and can jump short things. He wouldn't be able to compete because when he was a puppy his shoulder was broken and never fixed. So his jumping isn't what it could have been.

Now that his recall is what it should be. I want to start out with some kind of things that we could have fun with in our back yard. We have lots of space.

So my question is where and how do I start? Can I just make some of his things? I'm a little more handy than most ladies with a hammer and drill. Is there a book that I could read that isn't filled with all the competition stuff I don’t need? Is there a website that maybe has some DIY stuff?

Help please,
Thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 5 11:18 am

Small Dogs > Made a sweater for Charlie
Buster Brown

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '12 10:36pm PST 
I did mine all by hand, sewing machine isn't working either.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 1 10:36 pm

Behavior & Training > Feel like venting

Buster Brown

Barked: Thu Dec 29, '11 6:25pm PST 
Ok I understand that you wish your dog was something that it's not. I wished my Jetta hadn't had a strong pray drive. But that doesn't mean you can't enjoy your dog for who she is. Get yourself some pepper spray and take some self defense classes. And work on building the bond with you and your dog.

Best wishes,
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Dec 31 10:36 pm

Behavior & Training > The First Brag in a Long Time

Buster Brown

Barked: Wed Dec 28, '11 8:20pm PST 
Congrats to both of you!applausecheerway to gosnoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 28 8:20 pm

Behavior & Training > Charlie eats everything he finds outside

Buster Brown

Barked: Tue Dec 27, '11 7:55pm PST 
Have you tried practicing “leave it” with really yummy food? If so how does he do?

Also what has the reward been in the past for “leaving it?" Is it something eqally yummy? Beagles are all about food, so in their minds they think, a lousy pet on the head is not as good as that yummy petrified dead mouse.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Dec 29 6:56 am

Behavior & Training > depressed?
Buster Brown

Barked: Tue Dec 27, '11 7:39pm PST 
This might sound crazy but it just occurred to me. Could it be that this is a natural behavior? Maybe the dogs are just doing what they would do if another dog around them suddenly had a pup? Think about it. Most dog moms would rather other dogs left their pups alone the first few months. Maybe your dog is just trying to keep a respectful distance away from you and what could be perceived as your baby.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 28 5:56 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.