Postings by Schatzie's Family

GO!

Dachshund > Dachshund sweaters?

Schatzie

Feed me!

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '11 7:44pm PST 
Many dachshund specific clothe companies charge an arm and a leg for their products. The best thing to do is buy a large size (a size up) and sew it at home at the waist. It gives you more variety because if you ever see a sweater you like at any store you have the piece of mind that it will fit with just a little input on your part. OR you can shop martha stewart's petsmart collection, her stuff really fits dachshunds well. My standard has many cute coats, sweaters, and tshirts from her line and they fit perfectly.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 9 9:36 am

Dachshund > Dachshund sweaters?
Schatzie

Feed me!

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '11 5:23pm PST 
Many dachshund specific clothe companies charge an arm and a leg for their products. The best thing to do is buy a large size (a size up) and sew it at home at the waist. It gives you more variety because if you ever see a sweater you like at any store you have the piece of mind that it will fit with just a little input on your part. OR you can shop martha stewart's petsmart collection, her stuff really fits dachshunds well. My standard has many cute coats, sweaters, and tshirts from her line and they fit perfectly.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 9 9:36 am

Dog Health > "Your dog is SO thin!"

Schatzie

Feed me!

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '11 6:18pm PST 
When I read the headline I thought "I bet they are talking about a saluki" I was right.
I have been to many dog shows where I believe some of the breeders over do
it a little and their dogs are thin. But most peoples dogs are over weight and most people have never seen a Saluki so they don't understand why their frame is so "boney".
[notify]
» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by Handsome Goes Vertical CGC, RN, Dec 19 12:19 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.