Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 59: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Everyone is fading from this board...
Black

DeMamma and my- boy and me makes- a team

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 9:08pm PST 
This is the first time back in months. I don't come on a lot because I find there is to much contention. Certain members get banned for being honest and too many hateful comments. I was getting stomach aches when I came on. I hooked up with a few on Facebook and found other forums that are kind and supportive while being honest.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Feb 23 12:07 pm

Small Dogs > Breed
Charlie

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 12:24pm PST 
need more pictures please it is hard to tell.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 12:24 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Make food for charlie last night.

Charlie

Barked: Sat Jun 23, '12 8:43pm PST 
Thanks Maxwell I will check out the link
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 23 8:43 pm

Charlie

Barked: Sat Jun 23, '12 3:27pm PST 
Thank you Maxwell for your response. I added all the chicken and handfuls of oatmeal. I figure with everything added it is at least if not more meat than grain. I added the yeast and flax as I had it on hand. I will be looking for a better supplement to add to it in the future. I did not intend it for cats but figured they would like it too. I think I will look into getting some bonemeal like you mentioned. I am trying to give Charlie home cooked in am and kibble in pm. thanks again
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 23 8:43 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Bananas

Charlie

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 6:09pm PST 
Onyx what a simple good idea thanks I will try that. I wish we had like buttons on dogster like they do on facebook.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Sep 15 5:54 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Brought home my new dog! need name suggestions :)
Charlie

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 5:50pm PST 
beautiful dog glad you got her. I had a rescue collie for a year that was named lassie. I changed it too Cassie. I only had her a year as she was in bad shape and old. I wanted her to have a good ending for her life. It was a awesome year. I wish you many many awesome years with your beautiful girl.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 22 5:50 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Bananas

Charlie

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 5:42pm PST 
I was given a big box of bananas that need used now. I read it is ok for dogs but they give me a funny look when I tried to get them to eat it. Any ideas how too use it in a recipe that the dogs will eat.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Sep 15 5:54 pm

Charlie

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 5:37pm PST 
I made a big batch of food for Charlie last night as he is not eating enough. It was a hit with all the dogs and I took some to a friend for their dog and cat. My friends cat is 18 and was not eating much. They were very upset as they could not find a food for her to eat. She right away eat up a days worth of food. Real glad this recipee worked. Here is my recipe if you see a way to improve it let me know.

2 boiled cut up chickens deboned.
In chicken broth from boiling chickens add 3 cups cut up or baby carrots. Boil till firm add a small frozen package of broccoli and cauliflower. add a can of peas and about 3 tablespoons minced garlic. cook till soft puree roughly. I then add about 4 or so handfuls of instant oatmeal and chicken. I quessed the amount of oatmeal by how thick I wanted the food. I then pureed roughly again. just before packing it in tubs I addes 3 Tablespoons flax oil and about 1/2cup yeast flakes.

I was not sure about what amounts to give on the oil, garlic and yeast. any ideas how much I should give.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 23 8:43 pm

Dog Health > Did Anyone Else Have This Experience As A Kid?

Charlie

Barked: Thu May 31, '12 12:26pm PST 
I remember we had a sweet dog named twinkles. My mom gave her away after she had a litter of puppies and my step dad would not let us pay to get her fixed or take care of a health problem she had. My Mom found someone who took her to the vet. She was a very sweet dog. I remember a dog named clouny who had some kind of eye infections who never went to the vet. When my Mom and step dad divorced we had two dogs with us one springer spaniel was his. I was alone in a new town staying at my aunt's house. I got a book and started training the Springer spaniel named Pepper he was only about 2 years old. It was Christmas and I spent most my money on a new collar, leash and toy for Pepper. I had wrapped up the gifts to give him for Christmas. Just a few days before Christmas my step dad showed up and took Pepper. I ran out and gave him the wrapped gifts. I found out about 6 months later he put Pepper asleep because he dug in his yard. I am still saddened by the events. We were kids when these things transpired and are not at fault. What we do as adults mattered. As adults we learned how to be good owners and are. do not feel bad but think of what you learned and how much you value your animals now.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 1 3:16 pm

Standard Poodle > Standard Poodle grooming .. new adoption
Black

DeMamma and my- boy and me makes- a team

Barked: Tue May 1, '12 10:45am PST 
congratulations on getting a Standard Poodle. I groom Black at home on my own. I might not be the best for answers but a lot of people do not come to this forum. You could try posting in grooming forum for more answers. I am not great at grooming every day it is time consuming. I usually keep Black trimmed short. I have never had bad knots I could not deal with. The best thing I can say is get a good spray on conditioner it will make all the difference. I groom Black usually on the face and paws and part of tail with a #10 blade. I also use a #10 blade for a sanitary clip also. His body I use a #7 blade but would prefer a #5. This makes a nice sporty clip that is manageable. I usually use a slicker brush and metal comb to keep Black looking nice and tangle free. If his hair gets too long the slicker brush though just goes over the top and knots form underneath I learned this from experience so also use a comb to make sure you get any mats that start forming. Black is prone to ear infections. I keep his ears plucked. I have some curved hemostats that I use to get a good grip on the hair deeper in the canal. I just use my fingers for the easy to get stuff. I also use a little flashlight to make sure I pull only hair and do not hurt him. Also do not grab too much hair at once as it will hurt a lot. He recently got a deep clean from the vet and I found I am not using enough cleaner in his ears enough of the time. I have been told by his vet to be using a ear cleaner 2 times a week but he has severe infections. If he did not I would probably do it maybe once a week. Poodle's are a lot of fun and worth the effert to keep them groomed. I hope you enjoy your new dog when he comes.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 21 3:32 pm

(Page 1 of 59: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.