Postings by Sabi's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 247: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Please HELP We are DESPERSATE, Wound will NOT Heal on Puppy *PICTURES*
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Mon Jul 7, '14 6:30am PST 
I have a scar on my forehead from a spider bite. Its about 3 inches in diameter. It started out as a small bump, then it was a large bump, then it opened and started oozing greenish stuff, then the whole side of my face and neck swelled. It took weeks to heal and was a nasty mess that required huge amounts of antibiotics and removal of some tissue, and it was caught right away.

I would guess that the same thing could happen with a dog, and a miss by your vet on diagnosis would definitely aggravate things.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ember FDX, Jul 12 3:41 pm

Behavior & Training > HELP! He poops and pees on my couch, clothes and carpet!
Sabi

Barked: Sat Jun 7, '14 3:17pm PST 
Seriously?????

Stop punishing your PUPPY for going to the bathroom. This is all on you.
Pups are not born trained, and depending on where you got him from he probably had no choice but to go where ever he was.
You went out and bought a pup on a whim,I'm guessing and now you are mad at him because you failed to do your homework. Get over it.
Keep your pup on a leash, tethered, attached to you when he is not in his crate. Do not crate him for too long or you will encourage going to the bathroom there. When he first wakes up take him immediately outside and stay there until he has relieved himself then throw a big party, praise, treats, 'Yay! Good potty!' Let him know he has done a spectacular thing.
When you take him back inside keep him tethered or confined to a small enough area where you can keep eyes on him. After play, after eating and every 30 mins or so take him outside. If you see him sniffing take him outside. If he seems uncomfortable or restless take him outside. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS ABOUT HIM NEEDING TO GO take him outside. If he eludes your watchful eye and messes in the house clean it up and give yourself a smack for letting it happen.
Puppies are WORK! If you cannot get on board with that, return him and get a fish.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Jun 7 3:17 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Dogs always ripping stuffing from toys! Help?

Sabi

Barked: Sun May 18, '14 6:41pm PST 
I don't understand the problem. I thought that was what stuffies were for.shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Willow, Jun 21 5:54 am

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

Sabi

Barked: Wed May 7, '14 10:08am PST 
Jewel, I thought we agreed, I would get a Poodle if you got a GSD?laugh out loud

Still here folks, lurking and watching.

Flicka, hug Miss you.

Stay safe, warm and happy all!

Honey looks like a honey.
[notify]
» There has since been 648 posts. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Thu 12:55 am

Choosing the Right Dog > *****DO NOT BUY FROM KEYSTONE PUPPIES******

Sabi

Barked: Wed May 7, '14 12:52am PST 
Shadow came from a small 'mill'. Puppies were sold for $600 if I recall, I don't know I didn't pay for the dying puppy I left with. Over half that particular litter died in that garage, laying in a filthy cage. That's half a dozen or so pups who were born and died in misery, cold, filthy and starving. Born to a mother who was little more then a pup herself and had spent her life fighting with the other dozen or so dogs on the property for what little food and water was available.
Further investigation revealed that perspective buyers were shown the pups and mom inside the house, not ever shown the misery that existed in the garage.
Before she was 1 year old, my cute little rescue had cost me thousands in vet bills, so much for a free dog. By some logic I should have had her PTS and moved on to the next 'free' dog. So how many dogs should one be allowed to kill in their quest for a free dog? At what point does the sacrifice become unacceptable? These are not cars, or watches, or cell phones. These are living, breathing , feeling companions. They deserve the same respect and level of care we would afford any other companion.

As an aside the 'german shepherd type' puppy in the pet store last week was $1499, the breeder that I am buying from is charging me $1200.
[notify]
» There has since been -9 posts. Last posting by Sabi, May 7 12:52 am

Choosing the Right Dog > I Need Pictures!
Sabi

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '14 12:06am PST 
Tiller, I have hundreds of pictures of the 'kids'. If you want them you are welcome to use them as long as they are protected. There are a few on my pages if you would others let me know, dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, robins, goats, I have them all.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Clyde, May 4 7:10 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > calm small breeds suggestions?

Sabi

Barked: Fri Apr 4, '14 10:20am PST 
Why not another Yorkie? Just curious, I like Yorkies and as small dogs go they are relatively calm.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Apr 16 12:28 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Scruffy passed away

Sabi

Barked: Thu Apr 3, '14 10:58am PST 
My heart aches for you, I'm so sorry. hughughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (R.I.P.), Apr 15 2:11 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > GSD Breeder

Sabi

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 11:42pm PST 
Thanks everyone,

Tyler, yes! You understand perfectly. I am glad you got a pup finally, I'm sorry it wasn't quite the right one. Hopefully it will be the one you needed.

Tiller, thank you for explaining. That would make sense, the comments came from Polish military K9, Polish police K9 and German military K9. All elderly people who retired from service and moved to Canada. They were talking about specifics, the width and slope of her jaw, the depth of her chest, the slope of her shoulder. All commented that the bloodlines were 'contaminated'(I laughed about that). At the time I chalked it up to old folks being nostalgic, but the more of the poorly bred dogs I saw, the more I wondered. She was just bigger, heavier and more 'worky' then your average BYB pup. But they all started from somewhere right?.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Mar 31 11:42 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > GSD Breeder
Sabi

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 11:54am PST 
What Jewel? No Poodles todaybig laugh I look forward to the day we finally meet, but perhaps we should make a new dog? We could call it a Goodle or a Shepoodle?

Kidding, don't hurt me!

I have options now. I like this. It doesn't make my chest hurt as much as having no options did.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Mar 31 11:42 pm

(Page 1 of 247: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.