Postings by Shadow's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 248: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > Finally got a puppy!
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '14 11:26pm PST 
So glad you finally found your pup. He is gorgeous. Congratsway to go
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Nov 13 11:26 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Does anyone have any info on these breeders?
Sabi

Barked: Wed Oct 29, '14 1:33am PST 
Everything that Mulder said. Plus, for hubby, at a glance they claim to breed only titled and tested stock, yet few of the dogs have any titles, some have just a CGC and many have nothing. Titles mean not much to me but don't say you are doing something that you aren't. Two of the dogs have only fair hips and I think they are actually breeding them together. The retired k9 they are using for a stud, was born in May of 2008, working in Sept 2009 and now in 2014 is retired? He's 6! All the dogs are described as nice, friendly, happy. That's great but not really what I expect from these pedigrees. Added together it just doesn't ring true.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Oct 29 3:35 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Is this the right choice? Opinions

Sabi

Barked: Sat Oct 25, '14 9:09pm PST 
Fair warning from a Dane lover. Yes they are awesome apartment dogs, DOGS! They can be utterly wretched puppies, and I mean horrible. They are also prone to separation anxiety, and a Dane bent on destruction is a problem. Not to mention that they have a nice deep booming bark. As adults they are the ultimate couch potato pet, but you need to get to adulthood. Most Danes that are surrendered are 12-18 months old.
A Bulldog would likely be a good fit, but look for a good breeder.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Buddy (2009-2014) ❤️, Nov 1 12:13 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Does anyone have any info on these breeders?

Sabi

Barked: Sat Oct 25, '14 3:41pm PST 
Knowing a bit about you I would say Royalair. I do not know of the other kennel but there were a few things on the website that concern me. Hopefully someone else will chime inhug
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Oct 29 3:35 am

Puppy Place > Dominant aggressive behavior in 8 week old puppy???

Sabi

Barked: Wed Oct 22, '14 12:56am PST 
Wow how things have changed in a year.

The chance that your puppy is either dominant or aggressive are slim to none. Dogs that are actually wired wrong are rare and obvious. And this nonsense about growling and barking at them is just that. If the behavior stopped it was because you freaked the poor thing out. They know we are not dogs.
You want your puppy to stop chewing on you? Give it something else to chew on, and it better be something fun because humans sure are. They squeak and squirm and yelp. Consistency is key.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Oct 30 9:04 am

Dog Health > Kali is very sick :(
Sabi

Barked: Wed Oct 22, '14 12:46am PST 
I am so very sorryhughug

Fly free Kalilittle angelbeautiful angel
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Nov 3 3:25 am

Dog Health > Kali is very sick :(

Sabi

Barked: Sun Oct 19, '14 1:56pm PST 
Thinking of youhugI know I am not around much, but you, and others, are never far from my thoughts.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Nov 3 3:25 am

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

Sabi

Barked: Fri Oct 10, '14 3:03am PST 
one whole year.

Just popping in to say hi.

Hope you are all happy and well.
[notify]
» There has since been 133 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Sun 8:42 pm

Dog Health > Please HELP We are DESPERSATE, Wound will NOT Heal on Puppy *PICTURES*

Sabi

Barked: Mon Jul 7, '14 6:30am PST 
I have a scar on my forehead from a spider bite. Its about 3 inches in diameter. It started out as a small bump, then it was a large bump, then it opened and started oozing greenish stuff, then the whole side of my face and neck swelled. It took weeks to heal and was a nasty mess that required huge amounts of antibiotics and removal of some tissue, and it was caught right away.

I would guess that the same thing could happen with a dog, and a miss by your vet on diagnosis would definitely aggravate things.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ember FDX, Jul 12 3:41 pm

Behavior & Training > HELP! He poops and pees on my couch, clothes and carpet!
Sabi

Barked: Sat Jun 7, '14 3:17pm PST 
Seriously?????

Stop punishing your PUPPY for going to the bathroom. This is all on you.
Pups are not born trained, and depending on where you got him from he probably had no choice but to go where ever he was.
You went out and bought a pup on a whim,I'm guessing and now you are mad at him because you failed to do your homework. Get over it.
Keep your pup on a leash, tethered, attached to you when he is not in his crate. Do not crate him for too long or you will encourage going to the bathroom there. When he first wakes up take him immediately outside and stay there until he has relieved himself then throw a big party, praise, treats, 'Yay! Good potty!' Let him know he has done a spectacular thing.
When you take him back inside keep him tethered or confined to a small enough area where you can keep eyes on him. After play, after eating and every 30 mins or so take him outside. If you see him sniffing take him outside. If he seems uncomfortable or restless take him outside. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS ABOUT HIM NEEDING TO GO take him outside. If he eludes your watchful eye and messes in the house clean it up and give yourself a smack for letting it happen.
Puppies are WORK! If you cannot get on board with that, return him and get a fish.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Jun 7 3:17 pm

(Page 1 of 248: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.