Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 42: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Do you add anything to your dogs kibble?
Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 7:07pm PST 
We feed our dogs a Canadian brand called Lifetime and on a weekly basis this diet is supplemented with:
Meat (muscle meat, heart, liver, kidney, giblets, tongue etc)
Meaty bones (usually chicken, turkey. GSD gets pork bones sometimes)
Eggs (Whole, raw)
Fish (Sardine/Salmon - Canned, Salt free)
Occasional fruits and vegetables (human meal scraps, typically)

Our elderly Poodle x Bichon gets a meat based canned food with everything mentioned above as well. Especially heart for extra taurine.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Oct 31 4:20 pm

Food & Nutrition > Supplementing Lower Quality Dog Food With Veggies/Meat
Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Fri Aug 2, '13 9:55pm PST 
We go to our local butcher and ask for lean scraps and sometimes they'll have some on hand to sell to us for a cheap price. We also add canned sardines/salmon (in water, no salt), raw eggs, raw meaty bones (chicken backs, necks, legs, pork ribs, neck), chicken hearts and gizzards, and the occasional liver or kidney snack. Frequently check the meat section for meat on sale or quick sale (30%-50% off). Our dogs also enjoy greek yogurt occasionally as well (I buy it for myself).

And I'm pretty sure there are some better foods out there that are the same price as Iams. I'm not from the US but I'm sure someone else can chime in.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Aug 13 9:38 am

Raw Food Diet > Is kibble really that bad?

Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 12:02pm PST 
Oh wow... What a ridiculous (and old) thread... Ugh
[notify]
» There has since been -8 posts. Last posting by , Jun 25 12:36 pm

Dog Health > Low cost snip clinic vs. regular vet for spay?

Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 11:20am PST 
Our low cost speuter clinic requires blood work depending on breed or the age of the animal. They also include post-op pain meds. We've taken all our cats and 3 of our dogs to the speuter clinic here in Barrie, Ontario and have never, ever had a problem. I guess it depends on the clinic but I would always choose and recommend the ones near me.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 26 7:56 am

Dog Health > How soon to spay?

Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 11:16am PST 
We always wait until our dogs are fully mature. Usually they go through 1 or 2 heats. Heats are fairly easy to manage if she's not around intact males (it gets annoying with those persistent buggers). Dog panties will be your best friend for preventing blood and dog goo getting all over the house. Charlie was a year and a half and our German Shepherd was two when they were spayed.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jul 3 5:13 am

Raw Food Diet > I wish I was educated on RAW when I had my other dog...
Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Wed Jun 5, '13 1:35pm PST 
I know how you feel. ): I wish I knew back then what I know now for our family's late Maltese. She had so many health issues and ended up with Periodontal Disease despite using water additives and feeding her dry food ('cause you know that kibble cleans teeth confused)... She died from kidney failure at 12 years old. I feel like she could have lived so much longer and healthier had she been fed raw or homecooked. She was fed cheap grocery store food. ):

Her male counterpart is still with us and luckily he's greatly benefited from a better diet. His teeth were borderline periodontal disease state and now they don't even look bad thanks to raw. He's 13 and doesn't even look or act his age anymore.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 5 1:35 pm

Food & Nutrition > Best Grain-Free Dog Foods - other than Blue Buffalo Wilderness

Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Sun May 12, '13 3:28pm PST 
I personally prefer Acana's grain free lines as well as Nature's Variety.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jun 3 12:38 pm

Food & Nutrition > Beneful dog food may be killing dogs

Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Tue Apr 9, '13 3:57pm PST 
The difference between Natura and Purina is that Natura is actually recognizing there is a problem with their food and is taking action.

Purina is just simply plugging their ears going "NO, NO, NO, NOT LISTENING. YOU'RE WRONG."
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 18 7:08 pm

Raw Food Diet > Veggies/Fruit

Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 2:24pm PST 
This is from http://www.b-naturals.com/newsletter/vegetables/

"Types of Vegetables:
For feeding dogs, I will divide vegetables into two categories. These will be starchy and non-starchy vegetables. They are also called high glycemic (sugars) and low glycemic. For dogs, we generally like to stick to the non starchy varieties. High sugar vegetables can cause weight gain, gas, yeast problems and larger stool volume.

Low Glycemic Vegetables Include:
Dark leafy greens
Summer squash (such as zucchini and yellow crook neck)
Broccoli
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Brussels Sprouts
Green Beans
Cucumber
Celery

High Glycemic Vegetables Include:
Carrots
Winter Squash (hard rind squashes)
Green Peas
Potatoes (very high)
Parsnips
Rutabagas
Corn
Beets
Sweet Potatoes (moderate)"
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 14 12:07 pm

Food & Nutrition > EXCITING NEWS!! Nutrition First Premium OVERHAULED!
Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 10:52pm PST 
This thread is a little old but you should shoot PC an email. They've always been good about answering my questions regarding this brand of food.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 16 8:59 am

(Page 1 of 42: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.