Postings by Rosie Moondog's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 184: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I had to say goodbye to my big sis today.
Cosmic- Isabel- Roverandom

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Sun Feb 15, '09 1:06pm PST 
NaNa, my whole pack is so sorry about Amber. But now she's cosmic like me and is watching over you. Cosmic hugs to you and your family.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cosmic Isabel Roverandom, Feb 15 1:06 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Isabelle Roverandum - P.O.T.U.S
Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Sat Feb 14, '09 9:52pm PST 
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. It's been hard on all of us losing Isabel. We buried her at a place of fond memories. We are going to be honoring her in a variety of ways. The one I am liking the best is getting a new sister. One thing's for sure life is not boring with Shelly around. I think she's been possessed by Isabel quite frankly. And since she sleeps in her crate I am guaranteed plenty of room on the bed...pawesome. But I'd give all that up to have my Shellies back. I still miss her so.

I love you Isabel!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rosie Moondog, Feb 14 9:52 pm

Dog Health > Question About Heartworm Pills

Isabel &- Rosie:The- Dynamic Duo

Kickin' Butt and- Takin' Names

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '08 9:59pm PST 
It is very important that your dog tests negative for heartworm BEFORE starting on Interceptor. Get tested before you choose your medication.

In regard to Ivermectin sensitivity; among certain breeds like collies, Australian shepherds, and other herding breeds there has been found in some dogs a genetic mutation which makes it more difficult for them to purge their brains of certain toxins/medications. The monthly dose of Ivermectin in Heartguard and Iverheart is small enough that the brain is able to expel it over that 30 day period. It's large doses, like those used for treating certain kinds of mange, where you run into problems.

We're in the process of switching to Interceptor. Isabel's on it, and as long as Rosie tests heartworm negative in February, she's going to switch to it too.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Isabel & Rosie:The Dynamic Duo, Jan 24 9:59 pm

Food & Nutrition > Pretty much the coolest thing EVER

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '08 5:58pm PST 
Cool brush! And best of all, you can tell Dogsters to go stick it up their Kong and not violate community guidelines! big laughlaugh out loudbig laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kelpie, Jan 16 10:55 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Huckabee for President? You're kidding me, right????

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '08 8:04am PST 
At this point Huckabee's apathy to animal cruelty is almost irrelevant. This man, who claims to be an upstanding Christian, used his position to attempt to get the Arkansas state police to cover up the incident with his son. He's a liar and a fraud. We don't need another President who wraps themselves in false religious morality while they violate the very ethical code they claim to live by.

And for those of you into Mitt Romney, it is documented in the Boston Globe that he put the family dog in a crate and strapped it to the roof of their car for an extended roadtrip to Ontario. He dog was confined for so long that it took a dump which ended up on the back window of the car.

The only Republican with any real positive record on animal welfare is John McCain.
[notify]
» There has since been 47 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Oct 27 1:45 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Interesting Huckabee article

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '08 7:03am PST 
Sorry, it wasn't Care2, it was a link to For the Love of the Dog that was in our Honest Kitchen newsletter.

Obama and Kucinich also got high marks, though President Isabel is not endorsing either candidate.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 11:34 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Interesting Huckabee article

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '08 6:42am PST 
We got an email from Care2 rating the candidates on their animal welfare stances. Huckabee was one of the worst. Topping the list of the pro animal candidates was Bill Richardson followed by Hillary. On the Republican side John McCain seemed to be the only candidate with a favorable rating. Unfortunately Richardson dropped out of the race which means we may be launching President Isabel's reelection campaign after the conventions this summer. She really doesn't want to run again but she will if she doesn't like the nominees.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 11:34 pm

Raw Food Diet > NV's medallions - ICK!

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '08 10:47am PST 
We've had two kinds of the NV medallions; chicken and lamb and love 'em both!
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Kiya, Jan 8 11:27 am

Food & Nutrition > Kibble Cleans Teeth?

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '08 7:56am PST 
Since we've stopped eating kibble and switched to Honest Kitchen, we've had a lot let build up on our teeth. We always had brown guck on our molars that had to be cleaned with bully sticks and PetzLife gel. We still use those things, but it's obvious that we're not getting the build up like we used to get. Kibble definately does not clean your teeth. If anything, it makes it worse.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Quinn, Jan 5 12:09 pm

Food & Nutrition > THK pups

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '08 6:57pm PST 
Hey Dakota! wave

We've actually been drinking less water since starting on THK. Our theory is that since water is added to the food we don't need to drink as much. How much water are you using? We usually add a little more water than food. So if we get a half cup Dad adds a little more than half a cup of water. We drank a lot more when we were eating the TWO. Usually we'd go right to the bowl and drink after eating, but not so much now.

Which formula are you using?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cash, Jan 4 10:04 am

(Page 1 of 184: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.