Postings by Bella's Family

GO!

Mastiff > Coat color quest??

Bella

Barked: Sat Aug 13, '11 12:08pm PST 
Hi, new to mastiffs and i gotta tell ya im in loveĀ”! Shes 10 wks 33 ibs and the sweetest cuddle bug ever. She was givin to me with akc papers shes considered a black brindle english mastiff? My question is....to me shes black lol and ppl when they hear thats shes an english mastiff they kinda turn her nose up lol and i get offended i love my litte big girl , so whats the deal please explain lol
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bella, Aug 13 12:08 pm

Behavior & Training > 6 mn old pup challenging!!
Max

Barked: Tue Aug 2, '11 2:16pm PST 
He is actually awesome with my childern. They play all day. My boys even take him for walks...its only when he is sleeping does he get grumpy with him. We arehing the boys to give him his space while he sleeps..i eas just hoping i ccould teach max as well. Just so everyone is a bit safer. I wont do the aggeessive body language anymore. This is the first time ive tried it i starting using it after the lip icident and i did some searching and found cesar lol. He does sit. Stay. Down. Army crawl he super easy to train so i guess between him maturing and me treating him the same as i did other dogs before kids we should be fine! This is our fams first dog together and in my protection of my kids i felt like i needed to be in a different role! Im glad i posted here smile sorry if i look a bit illetrate im doing this on my touch screen cell the keys r soo tinyy
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Aug 3 3:47 am

Max

Barked: Mon Aug 1, '11 10:19pm PST 
I dont "bully" him in anyway or pin him to the ground, just stick out my chest and stand a bit taller in giving him commands. He is on the couch or on my bed with me all the time, Im a firm believer of him being a part of everything. The situations Im talking about happen were odd, One time I asked him to go outside to go potty normally he goes right out well this time he ran to the back of the house..?.. so I went to him poked my chest out stood a bit taller and asked him again while stepping in a way to direct him in that direction, well my "side-kick pooch" growled at me and his hair all down his back and neck was raised he put his head down and headed for the door but it was a bit alarming. Same thing happened when I asked him to get off the couch when I was headed there with my dinner plate. Or when he is sleeping fine with me but when my boys go to him to pet him he growls and snaps, he has got my son in the lip already. otherwise he is awesome, he goes hiking, fishing, boating, dog parks, regular parks I even take him tot he local flea market lol Im just baffled by his sudden rebellion but I have also read that its kinda the age he is at for him to be feeling things out. Just wondering how I should handle it correctly, I dont spank my children and I certainly wouldn't spank my dog either
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Aug 3 3:47 am

Sports & Agility > water retrieving???

Max

Barked: Mon Aug 1, '11 7:08am PST 
So I recently took my pup to the lake for time. He jumped in with my boys and was playing no hesitation. But then he swam out and started retrieving trash and bringin to my feet...?? Lol so i laughed called him silly. Found a stick an chucked it way out..he retrieved it..i was stunned..ive had since he was 6 wks old..so he has had no training for this but he eagerly retrived for a good 30 mins!! All week we have been playin this game and he lasting longer going farther but get this he is a boxer/pit lol...is there any competing i could do with a natural like him??
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Abby, Aug 1 10:55 am

Max

Barked: Mon Aug 1, '11 6:48am PST 
So im claiming leadership with my pup. Trying to get max into a calm submissive role. When I claim the house or anything else he challenges me..ie the couch. Or food. "Go outside" he eventually give but not after 5-10 mind of low growls and hair standing up. How do you handle such a young pup who is showing dominate behaviors?? And when he acts like this is it a show?? Or is he gonna lunge at me lol
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Aug 3 3:47 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.