Postings by Khloe's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 82: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Grooming > How Much to Tip a Groomer?
Daegan

Roll down the- window!

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 5:54pm PST 
I had a customer tip me $20 the other day just for a $10 nail trim because her dog was so bad! laugh out loud I was VERY appreciative of that! We rarely get tipped at our salon either, so I'm grateful for even $2. :/
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Oct 28 3:42 am

Food & Nutrition > Natural Balance Reduced Calorie food for weight loss?
Daegan

Roll down the- window!

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 4:02pm PST 
Mulder: Oh really? shock You know, I kinda wondered that. It might have something to do with our 30% discount only THEY give Petco employees. Hmmm.....thinking

I'm gonna let Daegan and Khloe finish off this bag of NB first, but I'm definitely going to look for another food. I appreciate all your suggestions guys!!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Nov 30 8:26 pm

What I Love About Dogster > Where Will You Put Your Brand New Dogster Stickers?

Daegan

Roll down the- window!

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 3:54pm PST 
Oh I want some!! :o Is it too late to get some??
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Dec 5 11:44 am

Small Dogs > Potty Training !?

Daegan

Roll down the- window!

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 3:51pm PST 
What Violet said. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Daegan, Nov 30 3:51 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Buying my next dog.

Daegan

Roll down the- window!

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 3:38pm PST 
Is it possible you could get a purebred from a rescue? Just a suggestion. silenced

(Editted because I posted as the wrong dog at first. Sorry.. XD)
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 30 4:14 pm

Daegan

Roll down the- window!

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 3:22pm PST 
Samson: I did not blow up in the second response; sorry you took it that way. This is the last thing I'm going to say about that issue, but you could have said nothing about Khloe. You implied from your response that you were curious as to why I "got" (which I did not purposely "get") a second dog when I had a hard time affording the first one, so I told you. Circumstances have changed. I was letting you know what they were so you would stop judging me. I think what upset me the most was that I thought we were on really good terms, and it just confused me that you responded the way you did.

Tipper: My mother had suggested carrots earlier. We're gonna try that, too.

Uno: Whole Earth Farms sounds like a pretty good deal. I'm willing to spend at most $45 on a 35 lb bag. My manager was just so adamant about Natural Balance and Blue Buffalo, telling me all the managers only feed their dogs those brands. shrug

Oh and I'm going to look into NV, too. I didn't forget! way to go I didn't have time to do it after work yesterday. dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Nov 30 8:26 pm

Daegan

Roll down the- window!

Barked: Tue Nov 29, '11 11:24am PST 
Samson: I always think of things that way, and I've done that (hence getting Khloe fixed before repairing my car). I have given up about as much as I can aside from living in my car to take care of these dogs.

Apparently an explanation was needed, as it isn't the first time you've hinted about the fact that I've acquired another dog and was having a hard time affording the first one. AND the fact that at one time, I had the money to get her fixed as well. I don't want to start a spay/neuter debate, but I've always believed that having a dog fixed was part of the responsibility of owning one. Maybe that doesn't work for everyone, but it works for me, and it was my main priority when I received that unexpected check.

When I had only Daegan, I was living off of school money and odd jobs (I'd been looking for a real job, but was never able to find one). I have a job now which gives me a little extra to afford the second dog. Not a lot. But enough, and I am grateful for it.

I don't think it would be healthy to constantly change their food, buying 4Health when I don't have a lot of money, and buying Blue Buffalo when I do. Since I really never know what my monthly income will be, I would like to find a food I can stick with long term that will agree with a $117-$200 a month income if need be, as I have had only that to live off of for a month in the past.

I need a food that will keep Daegan from being hungry, but also help him lose weight.

I need that food to be safe for an 8 month old Dachshund to eat as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Nov 30 8:26 pm

Daegan

Roll down the- window!

Barked: Tue Nov 29, '11 9:03am PST 
I also wanted to add that the story on Khloe's page is actually a lot nicer than what ACTUALLY happened. I didn't want to add in there that Khloe was covered in fleas, ants, and motor oil when I acquired her, or that she was, more or less, abused and neglected. When it says, "I gave her the attention no one would that day", I mean I kept her close to me because my friend's cousins kept throwing her across the room and pushing and kicking her into the table for trying to get in their laps.

I didn't want to add that after my mother stated that Khloe had "stolen her heart", that she then gave ME a time limit on when I could get her to the vet to put her on Trifexis (didn't even have time to change her name, like I wanted to, or get the money together to actually take her, but I did give up a few things that month to be able to do it.) The whole time I assumed this was my mother's dog, until a couple of weeks later, when she insisted Khloe could not be in the house any longer (because of her allergies...shrug). After telling my mother that once you make a commitment to a dog, you can't give up on it, and reminding her that SHE was the one who wanted Khloe in the first place, she threw us out of the house and we are now living elsewhere.

So it wasn't all unicorns and rainbows. I went through a lot with Khloe, and I'm doing the best I can now to try and keep her. frown

ETA: Thank you, Mulder. I appreciate it so much. hug I will certainly be checking today to see if they have it.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Nov 30 8:26 pm

Daegan

Roll down the- window!

Barked: Tue Nov 29, '11 8:20am PST 
Samson: I really don't feel like constantly explaining the money I get, how I get it, when I have it, and how much it is. The money I have from month to month varies a great deal, and sometimes I have it, and sometimes I don't. On average I don't. But when I do, I put my priorities where I believe they should go. If you must know, I had the extra money at the time to get Khloe fixed from a student refund check. That was a priority I had because I hadn't obtained my job yet, and 4Health was a good food Daegan was on. My priority at the time was getting Khloe fixed, because I believe it was more important than changing their food to something more expensive. My car also needed major repairs at the time, but I put Khloe first in that situation and had her fixed instead. My car has yet to be repaired. It is drivable, but not the safest car in the world, atm...

My (part-time) job, which I just started so I can afford two dogs, pays me an hourly salary (which is only $7.25), and I do get commission on my dogs, but sometimes, dogs don't come in, and my pay goes down.

I also have a small job where I clean people's toilets (the whole bathroom actually) for extra money (when I'm not at work or school) just to afford the higher quality food.

I do not buy any "extra things" each month. My money goes to gas (work is 45 minutes away... couldn't find a job where I live. School is also about 45 minutes away), my phone card (which is $45 a month), and my car, as it is constantly needing repairs (it's old, with 300,000 miles on it), and its insurance. Then I have BASIC housing expenses. The rest of whatever is left goes to the dogs. I do not eat out. I've been wearing the same clothes for three years. The only new clothes I have bought are for work.

I did not choose Khloe, nor did I expect/want to obtain another dog. Khloe wasn't even supposed to be mine. But I have gone through a lot to keep her and do my best to care for her. It would be a complete defeat to give her up now, after having worked so hard and gone through so much just to keep her. Maybe it was selfish of me to keep her, but I couldn't give her up. I just couldn't.

It isn't fair that I have to keep explaining my financial situation to so many people here. I've done what I had to do to afford my dogs, and it still doesn't seem to be enough for anyone here. frown Not feeding Blue Buffalo isn't going to kill them. I have done my best to afford something other than what most people here call "low-quality" kibble from Walmart, and it STILL isn't enough. I thought I was doing a good thing. I'm almost in tears now because I am so tired of explaining this. I'm so tired of being judged. No one knows me or my situation. All you see is a girl who has two dogs she can barely afford, but you don't know how hard this girl has worked to be able to get them the best she could. I am not one of those pet parents who throws chicken bones and moldy water to a dog that's on a 3 foot chain in the back yard. Why don't you give them your speeches on getting dogs that they don't even care about or even WANT to afford or give anything up for?

.....Now that I have wiped my tears...

To everyone else, Daegan's 4Health food was around $35 for a 35 lb bag. Natural Balance at Petco for a 28 lb bag is $50, but with my discount it's $37. We normally get a 20% discount, but NB gives us a 30% (for some reason). I'll have to check today if they have Nature's Variety at Petco. I appreciate all your help guys, and I apologize for the rant above. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Nov 30 8:26 pm

Daegan

Roll down the- window!

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 7:50pm PST 
Scruffy: No, but my manager suggested that I might need to have his thyroid checked if he didn't lose weight.

Uno: What?? 18%?? silenced I probably should have read that... I just was going by what my manager was telling me.... -_-;; Why is it so much more expensive than 4health if it isn't as healthy? Is 4Health Performance good for weight loss?
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Nov 30 8:26 pm

(Page 1 of 82: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.