Postings by Charlie Morgan Whitmore's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Behavior & Training > Nipping
Charlie- Morgan- Whitmore

Don't bother me- I'm busy- sleeping!

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '12 10:34am PST 
I posted this in the ACD breed forum as well, but then realized it isn't frequented often so I thought I'd repost here. I apologize if you have to see it twice! smile
Charlie is 15 months old and recently started nipping. He doesn't do it aggressively, he does it playfully or when he's "herding" us or the other animals. He's even nipped my niece and nephew. I don't know what to do because I told him "NO" and put him in time-out, but I think he thinks I'm punishing him for being playful. I feel guilty for punishing him for doing what is inherent in him to do. Anyone with ACD have any advice on how curb this? Also, when I yell "ouch!" he just seems to get more excited! He's the sweetest dog in the world other than this behavior. Thanks in advance!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sonny, Aug 12 10:18 am

Australian Cattle Dog > Nipping

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '12 10:28am PST 
Charlie has recently started nipping. He doesn't do it aggressively, he does it playfully or when "herding" us, the other animals, etc. I don't want to punish him while he's playing, but after nipping my niece and nephew, I don't know what to do except crate him when they're over. He thinks they're puppies or something and if they run, he's right behind them. Any advice?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Charlie Morgan Whitmore, Aug 8 10:28 am

Food & Nutrition > Question about Dog Food

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '12 10:06am PST 
Charlie was on TOTW High Prairie diet and it has Chicken Meal in it. He wont eat the other flavors of it. He spits out the fish flavor especially lol. He's such a picky dog! I've never had a dog like this!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Barney, friend of Lennox, Aug 8 6:34 pm

Food & Nutrition > Question about Dog Food

Barked: Tue Aug 7, '12 11:37pm PST 
Hello all, Charlie is 15 months old. He has been on TOTW his entire life. Well, most of his life. I started him on Puppy Chow but he chowed allergies and the vet said to switch him to RAW or grain free. Recently he was stung by something in the backyard and had a severe allergic reaction. Afterwards, he started to have reactions after he ate. His eyes would swell up, his skin would get real pink and he'd lick his feet like crazy. I started giving him benadryl per vet request but after he was non responsive one night, I decided I needed to make a change. I switched him to Natures Variety Instinct which is still grain free but doesn't have chicken. I've noticed a change in him in the last month sine switching. The thing is, the Nature's Variety food is pretty expensive and I'd like to find a food that's a little more affordable if possible. So, after my long explanation lol, my question is, can anyone recommend a grain-free food without chicken or chicken by products? Thanks in advance!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Barney, friend of Lennox, Aug 8 6:34 pm

Behavior & Training > Neutering issues or just dog issues?

Barked: Sat Dec 3, '11 2:30pm PST 
Ruger will be a year old on Christmas. He was 7 months old when we brought Charlie home. Charlie is going to be 7 months old on the 21 of December.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 3 5:13 pm

Puppy Place > Regression

Barked: Sat Dec 3, '11 10:34am PST 
I think it's important to note, Ruger isn't aggressive about the bully sticks. He just hoards them. Maybe he isn't aggressive because Charlie doesn't complain, but Ruger simply takes them and "buries" them or makes a pile. Charlie pulls one out, Ruger takes it, Charlie grabs another, Ruger takes that one too etc. He buries EVERYTHING! Today, he started guarding Charlie from his own bed! It's very confusing.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Charlie Morgan Whitmore, Dec 3 10:34 am

Behavior & Training > Neutering issues or just dog issues?

Barked: Sat Dec 3, '11 10:29am PST 
Charlie's doggie cousin, Ruger, has started to guard his food, his bed and his bones from Charlie. It wasn't like this until Charlie got neutered. Charlie's behavior toward Ruger hasn't changed. Ruger guards Charlie's bed from Charlie. People have suggest NILF, but that's difficult in a multi-dog household. Any suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 3 5:13 pm

Puppy Place > Odd puppy behavior

Zoie Lux- Whitmore

The Princess is:- IN

Barked: Sat Nov 26, '11 2:15pm PST 
After Zoie goes potty (number one or two) she back kicks. Is this a dominant behavior?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Nov 30 8:55 am

Puppy Place > Little Sisters...

Barked: Thu Nov 17, '11 3:18pm PST 
You'll never believe what Mommy has done! Well, first Mommy and Daddy got married. Mommy said they made an honest dog out of me. Well, while they were gone on vacation (without me!) my Auntie Danielle brought home a little sister! Her furmommy died when she was born. Her name is Zoie. Then, when Zoie's eyes were opening, a lady left ANOTHER little sister with Mommy because she was sick. Her furmommy fed the others more than her. So now, I have TWO little sisters, Zoie and Lillie. Zoie is a Chihuahua Mix (like me) and Lillie is a Chihuahua/Miniature Dobie. They're only 3 days apart and the worst part is, they can't play with me! What's a dog to do?! Does anyone else have bottle fed siblings or fur babies?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sabi, Nov 17 6:30 pm

Small Dogs > Need pre-spaying advice ASAP!

Barked: Fri Oct 28, '11 12:42pm PST 
Glad everything went well! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Charlie Morgan Whitmore, Oct 28 12:42 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.