Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Rottweiler > Maybe Rottweiler mix?
Harley &- Rubi

me, me, me it's- all about me!!

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 4:04pm PST 
It is possible that could be mixed with rotti. But you really can't tell until they get older. We had a puppy an at 4 months old we thought she was a rotti. She was a german shepherd mix. We think she was mixed with a doberman. If you look at my profile you will see a picture of Hailey. You will also see a picture of Harley she was a bullmastiff/rotti mix. Please post more pictures when the pup gets older and maybe we can take a better guess.

I love your pics very cute puppy.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 23 5:49 am

Labrador Retriever > Chocolate lab and WHAT???
Harley &- Rubi

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 11:42am PST 
Hi! very beautiful pup. Looks like the mix could be pit bull. There are a lot of lab/pit mixs these days. big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 27 11:42 am

Labrador Retriever > Chocolate lab and WHAT???

Harley &- Rubi

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 11:41am PST 
Hi! very beautiful pup. Looks like the mix could be pit bull. There are a lot of lab/pit mixs these days. big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 27 11:42 am

Labrador Retriever > Lab being nervous all of a sudden

Harley &- Rubi

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 2:57pm PST 
Hi! Our dog Rubi is a chocolate 2 1/2 year old pup. When we got her 2 years ago we had our dog Harley. Rubi and Harley would play together at home, dog park and the dog beach. We loss Harley 3 weeks ago to bone cancer. We still do everything the same. We take Rubi to all the fun places she is use to going to.

Rubi is now nervous around bigger dogs than herself. Since she ran from the great dane, the dogs that were in that group all ganged up on her. She is nervous around most dogs, unless they are smaller than her (unless they are barking at her). We took Rubi out of the dog park and walked her around, then took her back into the dog park. The great dane and his gang had left the park. Rubi was able to relax and play again. We left the dog park on a great note. We have taken Rubi to other dog parks and she is nervous at first then warms up to the dogs.

Now Rubi seems to be nervous around some people. Not all of them though. I tried to tell my husband that the person she was nervous around wasn't a good person LOL! But she is nervous around men and women.

I wanted to know if anyone has dealt with this problem and/or know how to help her gain self esteem.

My husband is not ready to get another dog at this time. I tried to get her a new sister or brother, but he says no. Thank you all for your help shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 15 2:57 pm

Senior Dogs > Harley is no longer in pain

Harley &- Rubi

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 2:22pm PST 
Butter cup, you are so adorable. I am so sorry to hear about your brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your brother and your family. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 15 2:22 pm

Harley &- Rubi

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 2:21pm PST 
Butter cup, you are so adorable. I am so sorry to hear about your brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your brother and your family. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 15 2:22 pm

Behavior & Training > Rubi is nervous, now that Harley is gone! Help

Harley &- Rubi

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 10:25am PST 
Hi, our dog Rubi is a chocolate lab. We lost our dog Harley 3 weeks ago to cancer. Now when we take Rubi to the dog park, she is suddenly afraid of larger dogs. I also notice that people now make her nervous. I was walking her this morning and when we turned the corner a lady was outside watering her lawn and I totally saw Rubi jump with nervousness. Rubi looked at me and I kept walking like nothing was wrong. Rubi then continued to walk and I think she was ok.

Is there anyone out there that can give me some helpful tips on how to help Rubi feel secure and not nervous? Thank you so much.shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 14 10:25 am

Harley &- Rubi

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 9:53am PST 
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful and wonderful words. I know Harley is with all the other pups hunting lizards and squirls. That was her thing. She never caught any but thats ok. She is no longer in pain and will always be in our hearts. Thank you again
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 15 2:22 pm

Senior Dogs > Suggestions on puting my dog to sleep due to Bone Cancer.

Harley &- Rubi

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 9:50am PST 
I am so sorry to hear about your loving puppy. I too had to deal with the question just 3 weeks ago. Our Harley had bone cancer. The vet told us think of 5 things that make her who she is. When 3 of those 5 things are no longer being done, then it is time. We took Harley camping and she slept the whole time. When we got home, she was just like your pup, jump up to eat. It seems that there minds are still the same, the body isn't. This is what makes it so hard. Even when we went to the vets office she was excited to go for a ride. It was and is the hardest decision. I did question if I did the right thing. Her little leg was completely swollen and she kept moving around trying to get comfy. ( 5 different places in 1 hour). When we found out that Harley had cancer the vet gave us some very strong pain medicine, she also said that Harley probably had a week left to live. Harley lasted a month. I hope my story can help you find the right time and some peace in your decision. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 13 9:50 am

Food & Nutrition > Need a recipe for Peanut Butter dog biscuits
Harley &- Rubi

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 9:25pm PST 
Thank you so much Squ'mey. I will try and make it tomorrow. Rubi will love it. I rather make her treats than buy them. Again, thank you so much. dog walkhamster dance
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 6 9:25 pm

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.