Postings by Booth's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Living in NYC with a 100 pound labrador retriever
Booth

Fortius quo- fidelius

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '12 11:00pm PST 
As a German Shepherd owner, I was terrified to hear that my dog might have ever been exposed to someone like yourself! Thanks so much for making this blog, and making me aware that there are people out there that would judge a dog simply by it's breed. I mean, if someone is to be judged, it should be for their actions, and not their "breed", take you for example; if you really believe that all dogs are cut from the same cloth and therefore should be judged by the actions of only a few, then I just lost faith in every other human being on the planet.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jul 25 10:12 am

Food & Nutrition > Dog Lovers Selling Pet Food Directly to Dog Lovers!
Booth

Fortius quo- fidelius

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '12 7:44pm PST 
I think this man would like to have a word with you, Zephyr.

IT'S PEOPLE
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Bruin, Aug 9 6:19 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Lantis has crossed the bridge

Booth

Fortius quo- fidelius

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '12 11:10pm PST 
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I am, however, sure that you did everything to provide this special soul with a wonderful life, so take heart in that. Remember that loved ones endure, in our hearts and minds.

hug
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Jun 18 8:04 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > How much does your dog mean to you?

Booth

Fortius quo- fidelius

Barked: Fri Jun 8, '12 11:02pm PST 
As a veteran, and one that has seen his share of terrible things, life was very rough for me returning home. For many months I wouldn't get out of bed, or when I did I would basically go right back to bed. I learned to cope with it over the years, but I didn't truly learn the meaning of companionship until I'd met Booth, which I have a very wonderful girlfriend to thank for. He has given me every reason to get out and do things, and he's given me something to look forward to in the morning. Seeing his face when I crawl out of bed, and being able to pet him when I'm nodding off into sleep is a joy that too many will deprive themselves of, especially in a world where both life and love are so very ephemeral.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Kashmir ♥ CGC, Jun 12 9:23 am

Other Barks & Woofs > A Day of Remembrance and Appreciation

Booth

Fortius quo- fidelius

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 7:24am PST 
Good Morning Dogsters,

Happy Memorial Day to everyone here, and I hope that it finds you well. First let me apologize if this isn't the correct place for this sort of thing, I don't post often enough to know exactly where this would go, so this is kind of a shot in the dark.

Nearly everyone in this country either has someone serving in an Active Duty component, or has known someone that has served over the course of this country's history. Whether it was your grandfather, brother, sister, mother, or whomever else, at some point it's likely that a service member has touched your life in some way. So, I thought it would be fun to share various stories of the veterans in your life, whether they are still with us or not.

Speaking as a veteran who has lost many brothers and sisters to various conflicts throughout the world, the burden is often heavy and the price they paid is ultimate and often takes it's toll on far more than the person that gave their life in service to this country. So, take this opportunity to honor the ones in your life that have served by sharing stories, or even just posting up a remembrance of them in this thread.

Finally, again as someone who has served, and has seen other service members give their life for this nation, I would like to say thank you to all the citizens of this great nation. Whether you are an Airman, Soldier, Seaman, or Marine, your service isn't defined by what you do personally, but by those that you protect and serve, the loved ones that you leave at home and go abroad to defend. Many of us didn't make it home, but I can say personally that without you, the citizen, we would have had no aim in life, no goal with which to set our sights on, and no loving arms to return to. So, for many of you this is a day of remembrance for those that have paid the ultimate price, just know that we the veterans, as well as the deceased, are just as grateful to you for defining a nation, and giving us something to fight for.

So, feel free to post in this thread with stories from your life of those that have served, and I hope that you all have a great Memorial Day.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by UCH Onyx TT, CGC, May 28 9:35 am

Choosing the Right Dog > What mix do I look like?
Booth

Fortius quo- fidelius

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '12 5:20pm PST 
Many of the clues about inherited traits from mammals come from the bone structure. You can use anatomical rules from humans across a variety of other species, including dogs.

According to:
http://www.donnerbergrottweilers.com/rottweiler-anatomy.html

You'll notice the bone structure in rotts is very sharp and angular, with lots of right angles and planar straights. Let's examine and compare your dog with the structure of an average rott.

Firstly as I've said, you can look at the bone structure of the average rott and notice the distinct planar angles along the back, neck and shoulders. Generally speaking strong bone structures are a predominant genetic feature, even among females. The key indicators of lineage will lie in the Nuchal Cavity, which is the back portion of the skull. While sex often determines the slope of this (sharply angled in males, rounded in females), you'll notice in both sexes of rott that the Nuchal Cavity is very angular, which is also supported by the spine arising at a right angle. Also worth noting is the Supraorbital Margin on the skull, which is featured at the top of the forehead above the Orbital Sockets, or the eyes. As with the rest of the bone structure on the rott, this is very sharply angled. Notice as well the flatness of the forehead on the average rott, and the sharp angle of the jaw. While general a characteristic of sex, both male and female rotts tend to feature a very strong jaw.

Using this analysis, and since bone structure is a dominant genetic trait in most mammals, it's relatively safe to say that your dog does not feature any Rottweiler. Notice that even in female rotts, they display the same prominent right angles and sharp features of their male counterparts, albeit in a less dramatic fashion. I hope this was helpful.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Alice, Apr 23 8:47 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Just for Fun Thread! What Breed are you obsessed with currently?

Booth

Fortius quo- fidelius

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '12 6:32pm PST 
One of my favorite breeds currently would definitely have to be the Swedish Vallhund. They are absolutely amazing looking dogs, and I'm seriously considering finding a good breeder.
[notify]
» There has since been 51 posts. Last posting by Vladimir, Sep 17 5:15 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > The story of why you choose your Dogs name

Booth

Fortius quo- fidelius

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '12 6:30pm PST 
My girlfriend and I are huge fans of the TV show Bones, which features an FBI agent named Seeley Booth. He's very brave and noble, much like my Booth, so the naming convention was a no brainer. We get bonus points for having the same "Cocky" belt buckle on his collar that Agent Booth wears in the show, though we only attach it sometimes.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Morrison, May 31 4:58 pm

German Shepherd > And THAT is why I love my dog...

Booth

Fortius quo- fidelius

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 11:44pm PST 
What a fantastic story. God knows what would've happened if it weren't for your Squ'mey! My Booth watches the window in my bedroom and let's me know if anything is lurking around. I never need a validation for having a dog, but these kinds of things serve as a testament to a very long list of reasons that I love my dog, as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sabi, Apr 5 5:58 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > Dog and Owner Personality Tests!!
Booth

Fortius quo- fidelius

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 11:10pm PST 
"Your dog is an Organised, Gamma and High Activity type which we call the Deputy. The Deputy is a submissive, mouldable, balanced character. It happily does the leader's bidding, is easily led and controlled but prefers an orderly environment. The Deputy conforms to its leader's wishes most readily. Deputies are easy to train, willing to conform socially and team spirited. They are everybody's friend."

I think it's pretty correct to Booth. He's very eager to please, easy going, and friendly.

I'd say I'm a mix between Soul Mate and Free Spirit. I need some control over my dog, of course, but I like to let him do his own thing when I can.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Mar 26 11:18 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.