Postings by Daisy Mae's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  

Food & Nutrition > My dog will not eat any brand of food
Daisy Mae

Cute? Yeah,- that's me.

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '14 7:39am PST 
After my grandma passed away, I had a hard time getting her dog to eat. Not only was he depressed from losing her, but he was also accustomed to eating people food all the time. I added some people to his kibble to get him to eat and slowly added less and less. He would also pick out the "good stuff" and leave the kibble behind. Foods that stick to the kibble worked best. Yogurt, egg yolk, a little gravy left from dinner, basically anything wet. It took almost two months to get him to eat kibble only and not beg for people food anymore. He had been eating people food with my grandma for almost 10 years.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Noah, Mar 31 7:16 pm

Food & Nutrition > Grain free dry food
Daisy Mae

Cute? Yeah,- that's me.

Barked: Sun Feb 16, '14 11:32am PST 
Daisy is on Wellness Simple and adjusted quite well in the switch from Blue Wilderness. I switched to go to something with less ingredients. She also did well on the Blue.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Daisy Mae, Feb 16 11:32 am

Dog Health > Dog Snow Boots??

Daisy Mae

Cute? Yeah,- that's me.

Barked: Sun Feb 16, '14 11:30am PST 
I bought Daisy Mae some made by Thinsulate. They zip up the and have a Velcro strap that goes around her little pug legs. So far this winter she hasn't lost any, even in the 17 inches of snow we had at one point (lucky for her, she could walk on top of a lot of it).
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Scruffy, Mar 9 10:10 am

Food & Nutrition > Dog suddenly carrying food away from his bowl and leaving it on floor..ugh...why..??

Daisy Mae

Cute? Yeah,- that's me.

Barked: Sat Feb 1, '14 5:25pm PST 
Daisy does this too, occasionally. I don't know why. It is just a quirky thing some dogs do.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Frankie, Feb 6 8:24 pm

Dog Health > Too much time in the crate? neglect?

Daisy Mae

Cute? Yeah,- that's me.

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 12:43pm PST 
My 3, almost 4 year old pug is crated while I am at work. With work and travel time, I am usually gone 9 hours a day or less. I make sure to wake up at least 3 hours before I need to leave for work so I can spend time with her before I leave and while I am getting ready. This leaves me time to sit on the couch with her to watch the news, one of her favorite activities. Daisy chooses to go to bed around 9, she will put herself in her crate at night. She is only recently crated at night because I have a very tall bed that she jumps off of and she recently had luxating patella surgery. She has been crated since it started getting bad. I plan on letting her back in my bed after she is fully healed. I tried leaving Daisy uncrated once when I ran to the store. I was home in less than 30 minutes and Daisy acted very anxious and clingy to me for the rest of the day. I think she prefers her crate when I am not home.

The point of my story is that I feel like my dog is crated too much at times. My mom will come over and let her out, play with her, take her out to her house when she can, but it is not every day. If the dog is crated as much as you describe, that is way too much in my opinion. A lab needs lots of exercise and it does not,sound like your brothers dog is getting that.

Can you buy some fun toys to entice your brother to want to play with his dog? Daisy has a tennis ball rocket launcher. She loves it and it puts a fun spin on throwing a tennis ball.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali, Jan 26 6:27 pm

Dog Health > Question about Luxating Patella
Daisy Mae

Cute? Yeah,- that's me.

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 12:19pm PST 
Daisy Mae just had surgery for a luxating patella about 5 weeks ago. She was a grade 3-4. The way the vert talked, it sounds like she was closer to a 4. He said then something about not doing surgery until they are at a 3 because the surgery is expensive, extensive, and painful. Just like with people knee replacements, you wait as long as you can before going through the surgery. Daisy has done amazing sincer her surgery, other than the shaved leg and acting like that foot is cold sensitive in the snow you wouldn't know she had been through anything, well and that her knee doesn't pop out anymore.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali, Jan 26 6:26 pm

Dog Health > So.....How cold is it where you are?

Daisy Mae

Cute? Yeah,- that's me.

Barked: Fri Jan 3, '14 6:32am PST 
It was 0 degrees with a -7 windchill at 8 am this morning. It is supposed to be even colder the for the next 5 days. Monday is supposed to have a windchill of -20 or lower. We have about 8 inches of snow with another 3-6 expected this weekend. Luckily, Daisy does not like cold weather and will only go out to do her business and then come right back in. Unfortunately, she will not potty near the house. She wants to go the end of the yard. She recently had luxating patella surgery and the snow makes it hard for her to walk in the splint. I have to carry her to her favorite potty spot. I tried shoveling a path for her 3 times yesterday, but the wind covered it back up every time. We have been awake for 2 hours and Daisy has not asked to go out yet. I think she knows how cold it is!
[notify]
» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by Kali, Jan 9 5:13 pm

Dog Health > Sudden Allergies

Daisy Mae

Cute? Yeah,- that's me.

Barked: Wed Dec 25, '13 7:00pm PST 
Has anything else in the house changed? Food bowls, bedding, even dish soap used to wash bowls or laundry soap used to wash bedding? Think of anything the dog comes in contact with, has any of it changed? Is the dog itching at his face?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Willow, Dec 27 5:00 am

Dog Health > Worried on Christmas... Bump on muzzle!

Daisy Mae

Cute? Yeah,- that's me.

Barked: Wed Dec 25, '13 11:23am PST 
The plastic bowls are a very likely possibility. I know my cats break out from plastic. I don't think Daisy has ever ate out of plastic, except for an occasional circumstance. The plastic can harbor bacteria. Can you feed and water him from something different? At least the food? Even if it is on a paper plate. If you can, try that and see if it helps.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Daisy Mae, Dec 25 11:23 am

Dog Health > Worried on Christmas... Bump on muzzle!
Daisy Mae

Cute? Yeah,- that's me.

Barked: Wed Dec 25, '13 9:56am PST 
Could he have gotten around some kind of plant or vegetation that irritated it? I know you said it doesn't look irritated and that you are in a snowy area, but maybe it is an allergic reaction to something. Also, did he get a new toy recently? Daisy gets spots on her mouth when she plays with rope toys. Maybe he got into something. Can you give him a benedryl to see if it helps with the swelling? Hopefully it is nothing serious.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Daisy Mae, Dec 25 11:23 am

(Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.