Postings by Fox's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 468: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Kali is very sick :(
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Fri Oct 10, '14 11:16am PST 
That sort of poor health is typical for a spleen problem. I don't have any websites, I just know a ton of owners who have been through spleen issues, and I dealt with a liver mass personally. They'll always say it's hermangiosarcoma. I was told that, and when I showed up again 3 months later, dog trotting beside me, they said "huh, guess it isnt after all."
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Fri 4:23 am

Dog Health > Kali is very sick :(
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Fri Oct 10, '14 7:44am PST 
So sorry. hug

I would get a second opinion ASAP. Especially if your vet is intending to diagnose cancer via ultrasound. That isn't possible. Only a tissue sample can identify cancer. There are loads of different tumors - even cancerous types - that all have different prognosis. Spleens can be removed entirely. Livers regenerate. Been there, done this, many times over. There may not be any good options, but I definitely would not take, "oh well it's cancer" off an ultrasound as an answer!
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Fri 4:23 am

Raw Food Diet > How do you work out how much to feed when feeding half and half?

Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Fri Oct 10, '14 7:37am PST 
You cannot feed just chicken for 50% of a dogs diet. Chicken will not balance out, ever, even if you are feeding whole chickens you killed yourself. Carcasses specifically have way too much bone and offer almost nothing as far as nutrition.

Either refigure the raw portion of the diet so it is balanced, or feed kibble with an occasional chicken part.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scarlett, Oct 10 2:47 pm

Raw Food Diet > Newbie ?..Getting him to chew vs swallowing whole..

Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Fri Oct 10, '14 7:32am PST 
Dogs don't chew. They tear and shear off chunks small enough to swallow. If your dog is eating too fast or trying to swallow pieces too large, the general solutions are to feed bite-size bits from a dish or toy designed to slow them down, or to feed from items so large (typically larger than their head) that they have to gnaw at it to eat.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ember FDX, Oct 10 7:32 am

Raw Food Diet > Skin problems despite clean diet

Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Thu Oct 9, '14 12:34pm PST 
Due to the cyclical nature of the problem, I would look at environmental causes. If you're feeding a stable diet, a food-based issue would be ongoing, getting worse with time.

The only food issues I can think of that would cause an intermittent problem like this is if a source you feed from only occasionally has an allergin in it (farmed salmon vs wild, that sort of thing).
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Charlie, Oct 14 10:24 pm

Raw Food Diet > Non-raw foods compatible with raw diet
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Mon Sep 15, '14 1:11pm PST 
For a dog with no health issues, use whatever you want. All that is fine.

If you switched over allergy concerns, for instance, you want to make sure your treats followed the same rules as your diet. So if you went grain free, you need only grain free treats. If you're on a two ingredient elimination diet you need treats made from only those two ingredients. And so on.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kitty, Wed 4:20 pm

Siberian Husky > Husky growth

Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Wed Sep 10, '14 8:19pm PST 
They stop growing upward by 2 years, although most still fill out a bit. They will reach almost full size by 8 months/1 year - most growth after that is not significant.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ember FDX, Sep 10 8:19 pm

Raw Food Diet > What did your dog(s) have to eat today?

Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Tue Sep 2, '14 1:29pm PST 
So far just beef kidney. Haven't figured out an evening meal yet.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Sep 10 1:00 am

Siberian Husky > Husky dog and cats?

Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '14 3:34pm PST 
It has little to do with training. Ultimately most Huskies have intense prey drive and make poor housemates for any other species (although I did ok with a hedgehog). You can hedge your bets with training and management, as in taking care with introductions and emphasizing that cats are not be chased. This is not foolproof and will not work on many, many dogs, though. Even if raised together from the time he is a puppy.

This is true of any breed or mix, but as with most traits, certain breeds are more less inclined to act certain ways. Huskies typically have very strong prey drive. 2 of my 3 are practiced cat killers, the other grew up with a 30lb Maine Coon and loved cats, but I could still see the inner battle with his prey drive with smaller cats or any cat who moved away from him.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ember FDX, Aug 8 3:34 pm

Raw Food Diet > Loosing weight on raw food
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Sat Jul 12, '14 3:48pm PST 
Chicken and rice is not a raw diet. Are you trying to go straight onto a raw diet, or are you working on an elimation diet first? What you need to do depends somewhat on which way you're heading. In any case the biggest factor in weight loss is that fewer calories are being consumed than are being used. So more calories! Depending on how long a dog has been eating only chicken and rice, nutritional problems could be in play as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 2 8:48 pm

(Page 1 of 468: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.