Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 25: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > OMG!! omg!! OMG!! cut dog's nails way too short-bleeding BADDDDDLYYY
Augustus- Gloop

Cheese, Glorious- Cheese...

Barked: Thu Feb 13, '14 9:49pm PST 
a bit of crazy glue can work to create a protective barrier.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 16 4:43 am

Grooming > Matting advice
Augustus- Gloop

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 8:26pm PST 
Just call around to any local grooming shop, most will do it for a minimal fee. I think our shop would charge $8 for pads, sani, and eye area. Arm pits take 2 minutes to shave out.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 15 8:26 pm

Grooming > should I get paid to groom a sample dog for a job?

Augustus- Gloop

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 8:23pm PST 
My boss has always paid prospective applicants.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 5 7:42 pm

Grooming > After Gooming Depression.

Augustus- Gloop

Barked: Tue Mar 19, '13 1:38pm PST 
It's possible that his skin feels differently. If the dog was matted, and had to be shaved down closely to remove the pelting, air to skin can make the dog feel uncomfortable. Think about having a rubberband around your finger, and when you take it off, all the blood rushes back...
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 20 12:50 am

Grooming > Chunkers?

Augustus- Gloop

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 8:58pm PST 
I use chunkers mainly when doing outline trims. Mostly on dogs like Shelties, and other double coated breeds. big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 1 3:45 am

Grooming > Breed specific observations
Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 9:13pm PST 
In the shop I work in, we have a gated area by the grooming area, so if needed we can put the dog were working on down at a moments notice. Male yorkies pee everywhere!!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Dec 3 9:36 pm

Grooming > Does your dog groomer let you 'back there' while your dog is being worked on...?

Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Tue May 29, '12 10:53pm PST 
No, I don't think you really get it. Fighting a dog to get those small sticky outies, is not worth the stress or potential injurying. I will do the best I can...Dogs can have seizures, explosive diarrhea etc. I will not keep a dog on my table for 6 hours. I will only push so far. Humanity before vanity.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Sep 8 2:10 pm

Grooming > What are good clippers for a Shichon...? (prefer Wahl's..)

Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Tue May 29, '12 10:39pm PST 
If your budget is around $200 I would pick the andis excel 5 speed. You can pick up a new pair for around $179 on ebay. Havn't tried the laube, but I believe they are upward of around $300+ Excel's are super light weight, and have a narrow body. I am small in stature, so this was a deciding factor when I chose them.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 9 5:31 am

Grooming > What are good clippers for a Shichon...? (prefer Wahl's..)

Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Sun May 27, '12 10:35pm PST 
Love grooming expos!! I go every year to the All American in Chicago. $10 to get in and free parking smile Will probably go to the seminars again this year. I think it was $40 for the day? Want to get some more smocks/pants and my new favorite blade the 4 1/2 smile plus all the little extras that I have to have BOL
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jun 9 5:31 am

Grooming > Does your dog groomer let you 'back there' while your dog is being worked on...?
Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Sun May 27, '12 10:28pm PST 
argggg, was trimming a shih tzu's face this week. was trimming the hair right above the eyes, when she decided to sneeze. Scared the heck out of me. Sometimes you have to say good enough, and send them on their way.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Sep 8 2:10 pm

(Page 1 of 25: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.