Postings by Tipper's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 426: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR INPUT!
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '14 4:07am PST 
hug Not selfish at all. It sounds like a much more complicated situation than I understood.

I think talking to her may be your best bet, be sure not to say anything that could sound like an attack. In other words use a lot of I sentences. I thought, I didn't understand, I'm sorry we didn't communicate better.....My heart is breaking......

It might be best to speak in person if you can go back to the area, or at least use the phone. Email or Facebook can cause misunderstandings easily.

It does sound like she would be better off with you. Dogs aren't crazy about moving. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥ Mya ♥, Today 6:01 am

Fritz

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 4:44pm PST 
Have you tried going and talking to the people face to face? Explaining how you feel and maybe offering to reimburse them for all of the months they have kept her?

Did you pay for her upkeep already; did you have an oral agreement? Honestly, I know you love her but if someone gave me a dog or even asked me to look after it for a while and then went away for months, I would most likely be very unwilling to just turn the dog over when the former owners came back.

I am sure she would be happy at your house. The question is if she is happy where she is now; if she is being treated well and did you make any arrangement to get her back when you left her?

If you didn’t make any kind of agreement to get her back and didn’t pay for her care, you probably have no right to get her back. If her new people love her and are taking good care of her, I wouldn’t even try. If she is in a good loving home, taking her away is in your best interest, not hers.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ♥ Mya ♥, Today 6:01 am

Food & Nutrition > confused over the best dry food to feed my puppy pug?

Fritz

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 4:05am PST 
I have always heard good things about Origin. I think the concern about protein levels is mostly for large breed puppies who might grow too fast. I would guess it would be fine for your Pug. dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Wed 4:05 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Reyna is dying

Fritz

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 4:19pm PST 
hughughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Snowberrys The Skys The Limit, Wed 11:04 am

Fritz

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 4:16pm PST 
Ophelia stealing Mya could be a very bad idea. Unless she is being left outside alone or is allowed to wonder off of the property, one could be arrested for breaking and interning.

Also if her new family honestly thinks she belongs to them and they have her chipped and can legally prove ownership, one could still be in a lot of trouble even if she was found off of the property.

However; if she were to disappear one day while out wondering the neighborhood, who would know what had happened to her?.....

.....umm, if she did disappear, I wouldn't talk about it online, I would get her chipped or maybe get CKC papers to prove ownership and I would come up with a good story about where I got my new dog……(One could still get in trouble and I am not advocating stealing her back but well............if she were in a bad place, being abused, or mistreated……..)
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by ♥ Mya ♥, Today 6:01 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Reyna is dying
Fritz

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 3:23am PST 
hughughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Snowberrys The Skys The Limit, Wed 11:04 am

Behavior & Training > Going potty in the rain

Pippin

Grrrrrrr

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '14 9:33am PST 
Take her to your vet and rule out any medical problems. There are anti anxiety medications dogs can take to help them deal with anxiety. It wouldn't hurt to look for a good behaviorist, check qualifications, or positive trainer.

I am terrified of thunder storms and I take X anax twice a day if a storm is expected or during hunting season, gun fire, and the 4th, fireworks.

(be aware that it may take some trial and error to make find the correct medication, trainer or combination so don't give up hope if your first try isn't successful.)
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Onyx & Ruby, Mon 5:44 pm

Fritz

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '14 9:20am PST 
When they agreed to take care of Mya, did you have a verbal agreement that you would get her back when you got a new house? Did you pay for her food and vet care while for the last 8 months?

I would think that if you had a verbal agreement and could prove you had paid for her care and feeding, you might have a chance of getting her back.

If the person she is with has been paying for her care and feeding for the last 8 months and you have nothing in writing, I think it is doubtful you could make her give Mya back.

Another thing to consider is that after 8 months, Mya may think she belongs to the person she is living with. In a situation like this, it is important to look at what the best interest of the dog might be and not just at what you want.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Mya ♥, Today 6:01 am

Raw Food Diet > Somewhat new to BARF

Fritz

Barked: Sun Apr 13, '14 5:13pm PST 
Turkey, not turkey necks. How about slowly introducing pork? It can usually be found on sale. Try your local butcher or supermarket, many people who feed raw feed human grade meat.

You are feeding way to much bone. Turkey neck is mostly bone too. How about a nice roasting chicken or two while you are working on other sources of meat. Or try the premade raw.

Honestly, if all you are going to feed is chicken frames and turkey necks, you would be way better off with a high quality grain free kibble.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Obi, Tue 9:32 am

Raw Food Diet > Somewhat new to BARF
Fritz

Barked: Sun Apr 13, '14 11:25am PST 
A lot of people on this forum do prey model raw, not BARF. We would be feeding whole chickens, not chicken frames. Liver, brain, and kidney in small amounts. Also beef, pork, deer, fish........

There are some really good articles on balancing a raw diet, complete with a spread sheet in this forum. Hopefully someone has it bookmarked and will bump it to the top because with all of the spam I was unable to find the thread.

Good Luck
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Obi, Tue 9:32 am

(Page 1 of 426: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.