Postings by Bogie's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Look what Farles found!
Remington's- Saturday- Night Spe

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 9:01pm PST 
AWWWWWW!! Those pics are too, too cute!! Farles is gonna be disappointed when the kittens go. I think you need to keep one for him!!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rocky *CGC* With the angels., Oct 18 5:57 am

Grooming > Color dyed dogs?

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '12 6:26pm PST 
Poodles can be colored with food coloring/Easter egg dye, chalk (paler effects) or try Manic Panic from a beauty supply store. Poodles are dyed all the time.
[notify]
» There has since been 40 posts. Last posting by , Dec 13 8:37 pm

Dog Health > Parvo advice sought

Bogie

Have cats -- Will Chase!

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 7:24pm PST 
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with giving dogs shots yourself (if not illegal in your state) AND done correctly. The pup should have had 2-3 puppy shots when you got him. Not just one. Breeders fault totally.

I have 8 indoor/outdoor rescued cats and 5 dogs. Even if I took them to the mobile clinic or local SPCA it would be $25 each for vaccines NOT including rabies. I can give them all the 'regular' shots for $3-$6 each. You do the math.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Boots, Aug 25 8:43 am

Small Dogs > Fun Personality type quizzes for you and your dog! (Cross post)

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 8:27pm PST 
Here's Remi's: Your dog is an Spontaneous, Gamma and High Activity type which we call the Investigator. The Investigator is a loveable, submissive, funny, even silly character that is happiest when obeying its leader or involved in freeform activity.

This fits him to a 'T'!!
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Sandy Baby ♥, Jul 11 1:44 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > "Flags" for Dog Leashes

Bogie

Have cats -- Will Chase!

Barked: Sat Jun 23, '12 11:17am PST 
This might help the problem of people trying to constantly pet your SD/SDIT.

Leash Flags
Approved by forums moderator
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bogie, Jun 23 11:17 am

Choosing the Right Dog > help, I need a good small hiking dog
Bogie

Have cats -- Will Chase!

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 11:04pm PST 
Whatever you decide, go for a short-haired breed. Or you will be combing small twigs, leaves, and burrs out of that coat for HOURS!!

We went camping 2 weeks ago & took my sons dog (Aussie-ACD mix very short coat) and my toy poodle. NOT FUN spending a couple hours after the hike picking burrs out of Remi's coat.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 18 9:39 pm

Puppy Place > DILLEMMA... what would you do?

Bella

Lap Dog- Extraordinaire!

Barked: Wed May 23, '12 5:15pm PST 
I have never been to a regular vet for spaying/ neutering. I've always gone to clinics for these procedures I have had over 12 cats done and five dogs with no problems. I don't need the pain medications -- dogs and cats seemed fine after 24 hours -- at least they're jumping around like they are
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Sheeba, May 28 7:11 am

Senior Dogs > Sabi snapped at me today

Bella

Lap Dog- Extraordinaire!

Barked: Sun May 20, '12 11:50am PST 
I had a Shih Tzu that died last December @ 14. Around 11 or 12 she would growl when asked to move off the couch. She snapped at my son, whom she grew up with (she was a year younger), a couple of times when he pushed her over with his foot.

I just attributed it to old age. We were careful moving her and learned to always give her fair warning when we needed her to move or do something. I have been around a lot of older relatives and know how crotchity, grumpy, and testy old people get -- it must be the same for dogs. We just made allowances for Cleo's testiness and moved on.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by ◊ Grizzly Bear 1987-2003, Jun 28 4:14 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > How did you find "the breed"?

Bella

Lap Dog- Extraordinaire!

Barked: Sun May 20, '12 11:36am PST 
When I was 4-7 my family had 2 poodles. One was great, one was shy and nervous.

Then we were dogless until I was 11. We had Shelties then -- one was great, one was shy and nervous.

When I was 17-18 I had a part-time job at a mom & pop pet store. I was in HEAVEN. The pet store itself wasn't a good one looking back; the owners bred/raised several types of puppies to sell (Rat Terriers, Poodles, Chi's) and also bought litters or 'left-over' pups from BYB's. The owner managed to get ahold of an entire litter of Shih Tzu's in 1972 -- this was the year they were allowed in the AKC so were still very rare.

I FELL IN LOVE with a little mostly white male with a black circle around one eye. I wanted him SO badly but my folks said NO. The owner even was going to give him to me if he could use him as a stud when he bought a female.

I vowed then and there to own one someday. When I was in college & moved to an apartment I finally was able to look for a puppy and there was a Shih Tzu male available from a breeder. So I bought Benji for $100 and since 1974 I have ALWAYS had at least ONE Shih Tzu, if not several (right now I have 3).

I have tried other breeds through the years also: GSD's, Aussies, Catahoula's. Now I have an Aussie/ACD mix and a poodle too. But Shih Tzus are one breed I'll never be without. They're just sturdy, funny, cute, fluffy, small dogs that are equally at home camping/hiking or on the couch chillin'.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Cricket, May 28 4:30 pm

Puppy Place > Help me pick a carrier (sling)

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Sun Apr 29, '12 6:51pm PST 
I just got a sling off EBay but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Remis only 5# though. Look up 'little rubi' carriers. It was very reasonable. Maybe a sling made for babies would work also? You could sew a short leash clip to it.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Frankie, May 4 8:52 pm

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.