Postings by Quinn the Red Menace's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 119: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Puppy Place > HELP!!! I'm afraid my puppy is dying!!!
Obi

LOVER

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 7:36pm PST 
First off, thank you Toto for your advice. Second, I know very well that no one can actually help me over the internet. I'm not an idiot, I just wanted some advice. I'm actually a very experienced dog owner, just never had such a little and fragile one before. BTW, she's fine. Evidently, even puppies this young will go on "hunger strikes" if they don't like their food. I had NO idea. We've been feeding her an all life stages food, Great Life, which we also feed our other dogs and she just decided out of the blue that she didn't want it today. I also offered her plain yogurt, scrambled egg, and rice cooked in watered down low sodium chicken broth, all of which she refused. The vet suggested puppy food, so my husband got a bag and BOOM! Just like that, the little piggy in her came back out and she also drank a bunch of water.

One thing is for sure though, we will NEVER adopt another animal this young EVER again, unless it's truly a life or death situation. There are too many things that can go wrong with them. They definitely need to be with their moms as long as possible.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Jun 25 5:55 pm

Puppy Place > HELP!!! I'm afraid my puppy is dying!!!
Obi

LOVER

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 1:53pm PST 
We adopted a 6 wk. old puppy from our neighbors last weekend. Brought her home last Saturday night, took her to the vet on Tuesday she was declared healthy and given her first shots and worming. All week long she has eaten like a little pig and drank lots of water. We started out trying to feed her soft food, but she started refusing that on Monday, she only wanted dry kibble and lots of it. Her pee and poops have been normal. She is 7 weeks old as of yesterday. Well, this morning when we got up, she kept trying to vomit, but nothing came out. She will not drink water and she won't eat anything- not even scrambled eggs!!! So far, she has pooped once today and it was normal and she's peed about 3 times. She's been sleeping most of the day and when she's awake, she wants to play, but then after a short time stretches out and goes back to sleep. PLEASE advise!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Jun 25 5:55 pm

Puppy Place > 6 wk. old puppy- NEED advice PLEASE!!!

Obi

LOVER

Barked: Sun Jun 16, '13 6:27am PST 
Yesterday, we got a 6 wk. old puppy, against my better judgment, but my husband is sure everything will be fine. I am NOT. We have never had a dog this young and I don't know much about what to do for her. We're taking her to the vet this week for shots and worming, but beyond that we are clueless. We have 4 adult dogs who get pretty wild with their play and the puppy seems fragile to me, so we don't want to mix them up too much until we get those shots taken care of. If I'm honest, I don't want them mixing much until she's a couple weeks older. Is it wrong to leave her in her crate most of the time? Obi was our last puppy and he was about 7 weeks when we got him, but he was a big sturdy boy and other than softening his food with water, we didn't have to do a lot of special things for him. Also this little girl is a smaller mixed breed and she can fit into places that Obi never could, so we don't really want her roaming much until she grows some more. PLEASE help me!!!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Qiva, Oct 22 11:03 am

Australian Cattle Dog > jobs to do

Quinn the- Red Menace

Listen To ME!!!

Barked: Sun Jun 24, '12 10:24am PST 
LOL! I love this thread! People have always told me that if you don't give an ACD a job, they will create their own and that's just what Quinn has done. He has appointed himself to the position of sheriff in our house and if he sees the other dogs getting too rowdy when they play, he breaks it up. If someone- even my husband or myself- does something he thinks is wrong, he barks his freaking head off until they stop. It's not like he doesn't have other things to do. We have tons of toys, he gets at least a two mile walk every day (except it's been sporadic lately due to the heat), and he likes to try to "help" me in the kitchen. He also enjoys herding the other dogs around. I think he still gets bored though and it kills me because all we can really do for him is run him through all of his tricks and commands or give him some one on one playtime with his big sister, Brandy and half the time, she doesn't really want to play. Our other male dog, Obi, won't play with Quinn because he's terrified of Quinn. Other than chase, he won't play much with our other female, Pepper, because she's smaller and we think he's afraid he'll hurt her. Sometimes I really think he needs a cow or two thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lucy, Jul 26 10:16 pm

Australian Cattle Dog > Big Belly

Quinn the- Red Menace

Listen To ME!!!

Barked: Sun Jun 24, '12 10:03am PST 
silenced
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Quinn the Red Menace, Jun 24 10:03 am

Siberian Husky > My 4 month old Sibe is bullying me and very bad.
Obi

LOVER

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '11 10:07am PST 
I was just reading this thread and I had to laugh. Obi was a HORRIBLE MONSTER when he was little. He was so cute, you just wanted to pick him up and cuddle with him, but when you did, he'd make you sorry for it. A lot of times we would just be watching tv or reading or even doing dishes and he would creep up on us and start biting and scratching the crap out of us. He terrorized us and our other dogs all the time. I really didn't like him at all. And then one day something changed. He was about a year old when it happened, but he became the sweetest, most loving dog you'll ever meet. He still has his moments when he comes over and digs his claws into your flesh or play bites- it still hurts, though not nearly as bad as those puppy needles did.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 2 9:49 pm

Siberian Husky > Take a look at my 5 month old Husky

Obi

LOVER

Barked: Thu Jul 7, '11 2:19pm PST 
I didn't realize this thread was started so long ago. Then I tried to delete my post and couldn't. What's up with that Dogster? eek
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Obi, Jul 7 2:19 pm

Siberian Husky > Take a look at my 5 month old Husky

Obi

LOVER

Barked: Mon Jun 27, '11 11:44pm PST 
Obi is a mix, but our vet told us that Siberians don't stop growing until they're about 2 and sometimes, they'll even have a growth spurt a little later- which is what happened with Obi. When he was 5 to 6 months old, my parents kept telling me to feed him, that he looked like he was starving to death in the photos I sent them and that he should have been bigger. Every time my mom would call, she'd say "Please feed that puppy!" LOL! He'll be 3 in a couple months and he weighs around 65 lbs. No worries about him starving to death nowadays.

Bella has A LOT of growing still to do. Don't worry about it. wink
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Obi, Jul 7 2:19 pm

Siberian Husky > Help with feeding...she wont eat dog food

Obi

LOVER

Barked: Sat Jun 25, '11 10:44pm PST 
Obi started this same crap about a month ago. We thought it was the food- which we rotate every month or so due to allergies with our Lab mix, Brandy- so we changed early and Obi ate it one day and then he wouldn't touch it the next. Turns out, he really doesn't like the food we changed to, TOTW Pacific Stream. But if we mix it with another flavor- NOT a fish flavor- and one of us pretends to eat it ourselves, then he will eat it. And by pretend, I mean we stick our faces in the bowl and make eating sounds. If he gets to the point where I have to actually eat some of it, I guess he'll just have to starve dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Vance CGC, Jul 11 10:13 am

Siberian Husky > Is any of this Husky behavior? Or is Obi just a freak?
Obi

LOVER

Barked: Tue Jun 21, '11 1:34am PST 
My Obi is a mix- we think with some kind of retriever because he is a swimmer- but he exhibits a lot of behaviors that I haven't seen in very many other dogs unless they were trained. For instance, when he meets small children, he immediately lays down so they can pet him- we NEVER trained him to do that and he's been doing it since he was about 4 months old.

He's very gentle with puppies and smaller dogs, even when the other dog is playing rough and abusive. If he's pushed too far by aggressive play and he has to get a little mean, he seems to get upset and he starts licking his tags to calm himself down.

When he's angry or frustrated, he looks you right in the eyes and will take bites out of the air at you. He also does that behind his older brother and sister's backs when they irritate him. He has done this ever since we first got him when he was little-bitty.

When you give him certain types of food- like a strawberry, a gummi bear, or anything unfamiliar, he plays with it, throws it in the air, and sometimes rolls on it before he'll eat it.

And he LOVES to pretend he has something he's not supposed to have- even if it's just a toy- and he'll sneak around the house with it like he's just robbed a bank or something.

So, is any of this a Sibe thing, or is it just him being a weirdo? My husband and I have both had retrievers before and none of them really acted like this so I don't think it's his other breed.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Jun 24 4:19 am

(Page 1 of 119: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.