Postings by Sadie's Family

GO!

American Pit Bull Terrier > Advantix

Sadie

the big baby

Barked: Wed Nov 3, '10 9:09pm PST 
We use revolution so we use it every month b/c it's Sadie's heartworm preventative too.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kolbe, Nov 29 3:02 pm

Behavior & Training > Jumping pit bull
Sadie

the big baby

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 11:02am PST 
Yeah we're having a problem with "fetch." Apparently she used to play with her foster mom, but she doesn't quite play with me yet.

We do training at home after 30 minute walks.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Gunner, Oct 27 2:26 pm

Sadie

the big baby

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 9:56am PST 
She knows sit already (she's a fast learner - she's a super smart pittie), but she doesn't sit after she jumps - she kind of wanders around. I'll try telling her to sit when she jumps and then treat her for that. Usually she's jumping at me when we're at the dog park and she's really excited from chasing her best friend Pele (cute little Jack Russell). She only sometimes does it when we're at the house.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Gunner, Oct 27 2:26 pm

Sadie

the big baby

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 9:33am PST 
Hello - So I am a rescue pup and a few weeks ago I started to come out of my shell and started to jump on my mom to let her know I was excited or wanted her attention. She knows that this is a bad behaviour (though she is happy that I am out of my shell now) and wants to train this right out of me, but she is unsure of how to do it. Turning her back on me only stops me temporarily and I continue to jump. She uses positive reinforcement on me and wants to continue to use it to quell my overentusiasm. Does anyone know how to get a big dog like me to stop jumping on the people I love?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Gunner, Oct 27 2:26 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > When someone asks what kind of dog you have

Sadie

the big baby

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 9:26am PST 
I proudly say she's a pittie. She's such a sweetie to those she knows, and she's so scared of people that it throws people off. Once she becomes acclimated I know she will be such a fine ambassador for the breed (she has the best temperament, she really loves the humans she trusts) that I am proud to own a rescued Pit Bull.
[notify]
» There has since been 48 posts. Last posting by Midget, Wed 12:09 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > Jumping pit bull
Sadie

the big baby

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 9:21am PST 
Hi all. So I'm a rescue pup and in the past 2 weeks I have really come out of my shell and started jumping on my mom. She wants to stop this behaviour as she knows it's bad, but she doesn't know how to do it. Turning her back towards me will only stop me from jumping at her repeatedly, but I continue to do it, especially when I'm excited. Any tips?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kolbe, Nov 4 10:46 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.