Postings by Scruffy (RIP)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 266: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Rescue dog has aggression towards new people only when I'm around.
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Nov 17, '14 11:08am PST 
You should consult a certified dog behaviorist. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Nov 18 4:47 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Who oversees the State Licensing Board?
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '14 9:41am PST 
I'm sorry for your loss and I'm so sorry that you and your poor dog had to go through that. I think the state licencing board is pretty much it and there's no one "higher" than them that oversees the state licencing board. The state licensing board is also the only agency that can actually discipline Vets or do anything with the Vet's licences. However, you might want to consider contacting an attorney to go after the Vet through a civil suit or in small claims court. Filing a lawsuit could at least lead to more exposure on what the Vet did and on what happened at the Vet's practice. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Nov 15 9:41 am

Behavior & Training > Amazing Dog Tricks

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '14 4:34pm PST 
Wow that really was amazing!! Great video!! applauseapplauseapplauseapplause
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Nov 13 4:34 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Update right choice for elderly couple? Protection opinion?

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '14 2:07pm PST 
Ok, cool. If you are serious about going through person protection training with this dog you should speak with PPD trainers in your area if you haven't already. Some of the PPD trainers in your area could probably point you in the right direction as far as dog breeds and breeders go. Another thing to check out would be the Boxer breed clubs in your area and see what breeders are involved in PPD stuff with their dogs and speak with them about it as well. Hope that helps! Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Nov 14 10:43 am

Behavior & Training > chewing

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '14 1:56pm PST 
Give them plenty of doggie safe appropriate things to chew on and lots of supervision. If you catch them chewing on something they aren't supposed to be chewing on, interrupt them and redirect them to something appropriate to chew on. Something that might help fighting over the window is blocking their vision of what's outside the window and redirecting them to something else, like treats, or a toy, or a game, if they start getting worked up at what's outside the window. That being said, some dogs just stop tolerating other dogs when they reach maturity. Also, same sex aggression is common is several breeds and usually comes out when dogs start hitting maturity, which may be something else to consider.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Nov 12 1:56 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Update right choice for elderly couple? Protection opinion?
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '14 1:37pm PST 
Don't expect a dog to protect your grandparents unless it was specifically trained to do so. That being said, a lot of the time a barking dog could be enough of a deterrent for a lot of people with ill intent. Firstly, do your grandparents even want a dog? Do they know that you are planning on getting them a dog? Dogs as surprise gifts are pretty much always a terrible idea. Secondly, how active is active for your grandparents? Boxers are HIGH energy and need a lot of physical activity, they are very bouncy dogs and they are very strong dogs. Lastly, I'm not sure how old your grandparents are but are you willing to take on the dog if the dog out lives your grandparents?
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Nov 14 10:43 am

Choosing the Right Dog > looking for breed ideas

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '14 8:05am PST 
I agree with Tyler's suggestion. Your BF could have another reason he is isn't fully on board with getting a dog that he hasn't mentioned yet. But there are loads of people who get a dog and lose that dog then swear off dogs forever because of the heartbreak it caused after losing them. Or your BF just could not be interested in getting a puppy or a dog right now because let's face it, dogs and puppies are a ton work and they can be very expensive to keep, and he may not feel ready or prepared for all that work or the costs that go into having a dog or a puppy right now. Having a heart to heart could get you both on the same page, so to speak, and making a list of what you both don't want in a dog and working backwards is a great way to do that.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Yoshi, Nov 12 3:05 pm

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Nov 10, '14 4:50pm PST 
I don't know about Silky Terriers, but what about a Long Haired Chihuahua? Chihuahuas can be energetic but they don't need a ton of exercise, they are small, and they are very into "their" people and they are very affectionate, and they are great little dogs. I'm not 100% sure if they are single coated or double coated or not though.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Nov 12 3:05 pm

Dog Health > Looking for dog playground equipment to improve health

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Nov 10, '14 7:50am PST 
Do you mean something like agility equipment?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Willow, Nov 11 6:58 am

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Nov 10, '14 7:43am PST 
Paps are ENERGETIC! I've heard quite a few people say they are like mini Border Collies energy wise and that some Paps can run circles around Border Collies. lol
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Nov 12 3:05 pm

(Page 1 of 266: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.