Postings by Holly - CGC TDI's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 83: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Get Well Soon > Scruffy is very sick
Holly - CGC TDI

Squirrel?- Squrirrel!- SQUIRRELLLLL!!!!

Barked: Fri Apr 11, '14 9:21am PST 
hughughughughughughug Our thoughts are with you.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Holly - CGC TDI, Apr 11 9:21 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Reyna is dying
Holly - CGC TDI

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '14 9:32am PST 
We're sending thoughts your way. hughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Dahlia, Tue 4:09 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Which working dog.

Brigantia - CGC CGCA

The Baby Bear

Barked: Tue Feb 25, '14 10:37am PST 
I can't comment on either GSDs or Mals, but just a thought on the vet's recommendation.

I wouldn't trust most vet's recommendations on the appropriateness of a breed for a person. To do surgery on my dog? Evaluate their health? Sure, but not tell me which breed is the best fit. I had a vet tell me once that Newfies tend towards unstable temperaments and SSA! (Because they were just like hairier, black Mastiffs...) naughty

I'd much rather take advice from an experienced owner. Good luck in your search, Mulder's a great person to get information from, she knows her stuff. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Mar 3 10:41 am

Behavior & Training > where did they all go?

Holly - CGC TDI

Barked: Mon Feb 24, '14 11:24am PST 
HQ listening? I'm kind of wondering too, not complaining, but definitely curious! thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Tiller (Skansen's Ira in the M, Feb 27 10:12 am

Behavior & Training > Dog Fights in the Snow

Holly - CGC TDI

Barked: Sun Feb 23, '14 9:50am PST 
Does one of them get really excited or have the zoomies in the snow?

My younger dog tears around the yard whenever it snows and my older dog will play the Fun Police and sometimes try to get her to calm down by correcting her. Maybe one of your pups is getting too excited for the other?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Feb 24 3:26 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Laws Pertaining to Service Dogs in Training?
Brigantia - CGC CGCA

The Baby Bear

Barked: Sun Feb 23, '14 9:45am PST 
No. Service Dogs in Training are not covered under the ADA. Each state has different laws regarding SDiT, some very helpful and some non-existent.

Unfortunately, since your pup is still in training your landlord is not required to allow him in housing that is not pet-friendly. (unless your state law says differently)

I know that some handlers consider their dogs Emotional Support Animals during the training phase, since ESAs are covered under the Fair Housing Act they are allowed in housing that is not pet-friendly. I believe you are required to provide your landlord with a note from your psychiatrist or doctor if your dog is an ESA. (I'm not a hundred percent sure on this. It's been a few years since I had to look these laws over.)

This is what I recall, like I said it's been a few years since I had to review this information, hopefully some more experienced handlers will chime in. Good luck to you!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Juno , Mar 25 11:53 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > What makes a dog "loyal"??

Brigantia - CGC CGCA

The Baby Bear

Barked: Sat Feb 15, '14 12:10am PST 
Holly? Loyal? Meh, not particularly. She loves me, works with and for me better than anyone else, but I think it's more because we've been together a long time and have learned the best way to work with each other. I don't think she'd have an issue leaving me for a while to hunt the squirrels or get tasty treats from strangers, so long as at the end of the day she can come home to her dinner and comfy blankets.

Now Bri, I don't know whether I'd classify it as loyalty or clinginess. She will wait patiently with a strange person, but only if I give it to her as a cue. Otherwise she's worried. She won't work well for other people, doesn't go further than 30 feet from me and is constantly checking in, you know, just in case I suddenly pull a disappearing act and leave her forever. wink Then there are those heartwarming moments when she just puts her head on my chest, sighs, and stares at me.

Either way, I adore both of them, and I'm a paranoid enough mama not to trust to their loyalty and leave them anywhere someone could just take off with them.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Scruffy, Feb 19 10:42 am

Raw Food Diet > Trunk full of cow parts

Holly - CGC TDI

Barked: Thu Feb 13, '14 4:35pm PST 
Funny how cow parts can be so exciting! Congrats on the haul, I bet your gals will love it.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cindy Sue, Feb 16 9:49 am

Behavior & Training > Big news from the scoop!

Holly - CGC TDI

Barked: Wed Feb 12, '14 5:00pm PST 
So happy it's not shutting down, but I have to admit, my optimism is very guarded. Tiller, I'd also be interested in knowing if you're going to proceed with the website you were working on?
[notify]
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by Pogo, Feb 18 7:38 pm

Behavior & Training > New Potential Site
Holly - CGC TDI

Barked: Thu Feb 6, '14 3:26pm PST 
Yes. Yes. YES!!! Thank you Tiller, I really like the sound of it. I've joined a few of the other new sites but they're not the same. It really struck home today that in a month this place is going to be gone...

Anyway, count me in! I'm going to be sure to lurk around on this thread.
[notify]
» There has since been 46 posts. Last posting by Pogo, Feb 18 7:40 pm

(Page 1 of 83: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.