Postings by Makoto's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 27: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Antlers?
Makoto

Professor- Woofington

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '12 3:32pm PST 
My dogs certainly prefer edible chews like bully sticks and cow ears, but the antlers are a good thing to be able to leave around for anytime chewing. They last a very long time.

My only caution is to make sure you get a big enough antler. We have the lastest possible elk antler for Koto (70 lbs) and got a medium deer antler for Tesla (17 lbs). Koto got hold of Tess' antler and cracked it open. We threw it away so he wouldn't break his teeth trying to break it up. Both dogs enjoy the larger anter so from now on we will only get the large size for safety.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Ikan, Mar 1 10:26 am

Shiba Inu > Looking for shiba breeders on the east coast...
Tesla

Bitsy Beast

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 9:21pm PST 
Tesla is from Hi Jinx, and we will go back to Pat when we're ready for another. We live in Boston and spoke to breeders out here and we weren't impressed. Certain people were pretty crazy and VERY pushy, even after we said no they just kept calling. But Pat's dogs are very friendly, she does her health testing, and Tesla's temperament is perfect. Pat was not pushy at all and answered all our questions. She has been very helpful and willing to work with us after we brought Tess home as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 4 9:50 am

Dog Health > drain tube fell out of hematoma site, which formed after lipoma removal on belly. HELP

Makoto

Professor- Woofington

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 9:50am PST 
I don't have any experience with this or advice for you, but you have my sympathy! Surgery is always stressful, especially with elderly dogs. I hope your pup feels better soon!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Makoto, Jan 22 9:50 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Restraining order against dog owner

Tesla

Bitsy Beast

Barked: Sun Nov 13, '11 6:06pm PST 
Well, I think restraining orders are usually something like the person cannot be within so many feet of you, or contact you in any way, etc. So I suppose a restraining order could prevent the person from walking past your house. However, I don't know if you have grounds to actually get a restraining order unless they've threatened you or you've had multiple incidents. I'm not sure exactly what the grounds are to get a retraining order.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Turner - Gone Too Soon, Nov 15 8:23 pm

Food & Nutrition > Just curious. Why give dogs dairy products?

Tesla

Bitsy Beast

Barked: Sun Nov 13, '11 6:02pm PST 
Some dogs are lactose intolerant, but we use string cheese for treats all the time and it doesn't cause any problems. It's amazing what a dog will do for string cheese.
[notify]
» There has since been 44 posts. Last posting by Tobben, Nov 26 2:07 pm

Shiba Inu > Tesla is Sick :(
Tesla

Bitsy Beast

Barked: Mon Oct 31, '11 7:00pm PST 
I had no idea that Rimadyl could cause something like this and none of my dogs have ever been on it before. She did seem to be in some pain (there was screaming, which she doesn't do often) so I wouldn't just not give her pain meds...but I wish it had been something else. Or that the vet had warned us that this was a possible reaction and signs we should look for.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Tsuki, Kit, Kiba & Buckley, Dec 5 6:10 pm

Tesla

Bitsy Beast

Barked: Sun Oct 30, '11 10:32am PST 
Tesla is home! When we went to visit her she jumped into my lap and sat there shaking the whole time. They shaved all the fur off her belly so they could do an ultrasound of her liver and there was nothing "remarkable" but it was inflamed. The IV and the liver protectants (Marin and Denosyl) helped though and her bloodwork came back much better so she's home now. She's on 4 different meds and a little cold because there's randomly snow today.

But anyway, it seems like she will be okay! snoopy It seems that Rimadyl just does this sometimes. (Obviously, she'll never have it again.) Why do my dogs get all the rare health problems?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Tsuki, Kit, Kiba & Buckley, Dec 5 6:10 pm

Tesla

Bitsy Beast

Barked: Fri Oct 28, '11 10:48pm PST 
Hey Shibas,

Tesla is in the doggie hospital today and will probably be there for a few days. Last night she puked a ton of yellow foam, wouldn't eat, and was shaking, so we took her to the emergency vet around 1am. Got some basic bloodwork, fluids, and anti-nausea meds and got home around 4am.

She seemed normal in the morning but the hospital called and apparently they take extra blood and keep it on hold in case more tests need to be run, and someone ran the tests anyway. Her liver levels were crazy high so we brought her back in to be hospitalized. She's on IV fluids and antibiotics.

She was spayed on the 17th and given Rimadyl for pain control. The vet thinks the Rimadyl caused an acute reaction and that's what is messing with her liver. Poor pup. We go to visit her tomorrow morning.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Tsuki, Kit, Kiba & Buckley, Dec 5 6:10 pm

Shiba Inu > Personality

Tesla

Bitsy Beast

Barked: Fri Oct 28, '11 10:36pm PST 
Tesla loves everybody all the time. She especially loves 3 year olds, but that's probably because I'm a nanny and the kids love to feed her treats! Koto (akita/gsd) loves people he knows and doesn't care so much about strangers. Doesn't mind them petting him, he's just not interested generally.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 30 12:51 pm

Dog Health > Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Makoto

Professor- Woofington

Barked: Thu Sep 29, '11 9:02pm PST 
It is true that neutering will prevent BPH, but that's no reason to feel guilty! Neutering will also cure it, and BPH isn't life threatening. However, if the prostate is continuing to get bigger it can put pressure on and obstruct defecation or urination. You can treat with hormones, but those have yucky side effects. I'd say, if your dog is having symptoms, he's probably uncomfortable and the best thing to do for his well-being is have him neutered.

I think choosing to responsibly own an intact male is a good one, but in this case your dog is probably better off getting neutered so he can be comfortable.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Samson, Sep 29 9:09 pm

(Page 1 of 27: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.