Postings by Jewel, PCD's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 328: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Fri Jul 10, '15 9:24am PST 
We talk about everything! With some swearing and pictures of hunky men thrown in. lol We're worth it!
[notify]
» There has since been 175 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 12:57 pm

Jewel, PCD

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '15 1:46pm PST 
But he doesn't understand your anxiety? I mean I'm pretty out going, I'm not afraid to go do things by myself, but I understand that it's not like that for everyone.
[notify]
» There has since been 179 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 12:57 pm

Jewel, PCD

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '15 10:23am PST 
Full discloser - I think people think I'm awesome and I'm single so I don't "get" relationship issues some times.

Could you not just tell me what you just told us?? Or have you and he doesn't get it because that's not someone I'd want to be with.

Also the only way to get to know his friends is to spend time with them.
[notify]
» There has since been 181 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 12:57 pm

Jewel, PCD

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '15 9:35am PST 
Haha Tiller is making threats to start a FB page for you and just send you the long in info. She says to BITE THE BULLET!! laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 183 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 12:57 pm

Jewel, PCD

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '15 8:31am PST 
Yes Tiller is in the group, as well as Titus, Squam etc. You should come join us! I don't think some of them will be back.

ETA- I know some people are worried about privacy and stuff but honestly make up a fake name like Missy Blue and then just don't post stuff you don't want "out there" you know? The group is secret so outsiders can't even find it.
[notify]
» There has since been 184 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 12:57 pm

Jewel, PCD

Barked: Wed Jul 8, '15 10:00am PST 
Toto - the old gang (now in a secret FB group) all send best wishes to you to feel better quickly! hug

Flicka- rescues and shelters are stepping up as much as possible but unfortunately there are what are called "community dogs" which are basically unowned. It's hard to know what dogs are pets and need temp care and which are not owned and need rescue. I'm finding it very disorganized, some people are mad their dogs are being sent to foster homes and are worried about how to get them back etc. I feel like we need a provincial animal evacuation board to be more prepared and organized next time this happens.

Not too smokey today but we didn't get the rain that was predicted yesterday. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 188 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 12:57 pm

Jewel, PCD

Barked: Tue Jul 7, '15 8:11am PST 
Oh Flicka I am so sorry you lost Lucas. hughug I have not been on that road yet, my parents gave away my childhood dog when I went to college and Jewel is the first dog since then. I dread it. hug

Oh dear Toto! I hope you're feeling better soon! Last year I think we had 3-4 ticks while using a natural tick repellent. This year I took the girls out in a field for about 15 minutes and picked 12 ticks off them! They are on advantix now, just me to worry about now! Where's the human tick repellent?

I'm sure some of you had smoke from our forest fires, it is very serious. About 7000 people evacuated and people scrambling to house the people and the pets that aren't allowed in the evac centres. I wanted to offer to foster but it all seems so disorganized that I'm a bit worried about what I'll get. The fires are in the North and so it will be a lot of Rez dogs, now I did foster two (Jettsen and Chloe) who were perfect but that was through Canine Action Project/New Hope, whom I trust to send me good dogs. These other people that I don't know....well I just don't know if I can trust them to send me dogs that Jewel will be safe around. The military sent in 500 officers with another 500 coming to help with the fires.

Edit to add - Just found someone I used to work with through New Hope that is working on the fire dogs, let her know I have room to foster.
[notify]
» There has since been 190 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 12:57 pm

Jewel, PCD

Barked: Mon Jun 8, '15 7:33am PST 
Ty- Yes, you need to not compare! I have a friend that likes to have a CD on her dogs by the time they're 6 months old. I need to constantly remind myself that she works goldens and has been doing it for a lot longer than I have. Jem turned 2 back in Feb, I am seeing some improvement we did a rally-o trial in the city but the building is usually used for dog daycare. Jem refused to do a down all weekend, she would do everything else and was giving great attention but she just wouldn't down. shrug By the second day I was just like, "Down. Okay let's move on." didn't even bother trying, we just had fun! I really like Caro rally, it's so relaxed and the judges are usually talking & laughing along with people.
[notify]
» There has since been 303 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 12:57 pm

Jewel, PCD

Barked: Tue Jun 2, '15 10:49am PST 
I've missed it, what's going on with Lucas?

Sonja, How old is Sumo now?

Ty- sounds like my girls. Jewel doesn't like when Jem tries to lay with her but she'll play with her every now and then. I'm a little sad, I was hoping they'd be best buddies when Jem got older but Jewel is still upset. Road bump with Jem's training is that she's skittish/shy! I'm so disappointed, I'm sure I did something wrong while raising her. She's got her barn hunt instinct, 2 ckc rally novice legs, 2 caro rally novice legs & 1 caro rally novice team leg. I've been trying to stick to sports where I can talk to her to boost her confidence. I've started training her open & utility obedience stuff but we can't even pass pre-novice! We just finished a flyball class and she LOVED it, I'm hoping to keep it up and eventually get her on a team, the teacher really liked Jem. Another friend doesn't want to do flyball with her big dogs so we're tossing around the idea of putting together a scent hurdle team which is like flyball but instead of a tennis ball there's a platform with 4 dumbbells and they have to bring back the one scented by their handler.

Haha that got long.

Retesting Jewel today, urine stick test showed no blood this time so I'm hopeful!
[notify]
» There has since been 322 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 12:57 pm

Jewel, PCD

Barked: Tue May 26, '15 9:45am PST 
She was having some behaviour changes so I wanted to get her thyroid tested. Vet said let's do a full wellness exam so we sent blood to the city and I went outside to get a urine sample. It was only big enough for a stick test which was all normal except tested strongly for blood. A larger sample later in the day was spun down and showed hemoglobin crystals in the urine. Blood tests came back showing liver damage. I've been chatting with a lot of people and some people say her test results are way off and I need to get more done and some people think it's fine. shrug

I've started her on milk thistle and we'll be re-testing next week. I'm going to request the Dr Dodds style thyroid testing, it costs extra but everything could be explained by low thyroid. Usually money is no object with Jewel but I got a lay off notice at work. It's been a really slow start to the season, they don't want to get rid of me but orders just aren't coming in yet. So I'm going to no trials this summer, hoping I can afford Jem's classes but they do require me to drive to the city twice a week so I might have to just pick one. confused
[notify]
» There has since been 349 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Wed 12:57 pm

(Page 1 of 328: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.