Close X

Postings by Yoshi's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 241: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > thinking about starting a pet charity
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Apr 19, '16 9:51pm PST 
So I've had this idea in mind for quite some time. I'm thinking about starting a charity for underpriveledged pet pawrents who can't afford vet care for their babies. Over the years I've seen way too many devastated pawrents who had to make tough decisions for their babies for the sad fact that lack of funds didn't allow them to receive the vet care they needed and deserved, and it breaks my heart every time. It's time that society learn to value pets as much as humans. The charity that I'm thinking about starting will allow underpriveledged pet pawrents to get their babies all the medical attention they need without having to pay a nickel. That way pets and their families can still stay together. Has anybody ever had experience with something like this before? This probably won't happen till I finish school, but it's good to think about these things early on. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Apr 19 9:51 pm

What I Love About Dogster > the truth, and what I think should happen
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sun Dec 6, '15 4:16pm PST 
Toto, the point is, if you want your business to be successful, you need to ensure that your clientell are happy all the time, otherwise they're not gonna come back. I agree, the site is free, and so you're right, they didn't demand money from us, but why do you think a lot of people got pissed off and left? It's because crap kept screwing up and everybody got frustrated. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. In the end, it's not all about the money, it's that what started off as a fun online community for pet lovers has now become very clinical, and the fact that dogster seems to have gotten lazy and not give a crap. red face
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bear, Dec 23 9:20 pm

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Dec 5, '15 10:08am PST 
I know what you guys have said before, and while there may have been some legit truth to dogster not having $$ to keep the site up and running, I do think it's a little outrageous to believe that they had 0 part in screwing us over. My personal opinion is that greed was a huge factor in why the dogster community has gone to %$&#@. In my experience, successful business owners treat their customers/clientell with respect and dignity and aren't greedy about demanding $$. When I was young, I had a boyfriend whose father ran a successful music school which later expanded into a piano/art gallery. He never charged his students an arm and a leg. One time he arrived late because his receptionist had made an error in communicating with my mother, so really I wasn't supposed to have a lesson that day, but since I was already there, Robert felt bad and gave me a free 15 minute session that day. There were many instances where my friends and I would go there for extra practice and study before a music exam, and Robert never charged a nickel for extra help. Robert was a generous and giving person who cared more about the success and happiness of his students rather than the money, and that's why his business was able to expand from a little closet school to a full scale piano and art gallery and it's still going strong today. If Robert had run his business and screwed his students over the way dogster has done us dirty, he wouldn't have a business anymore. As for dogster, I don't feel like it's the community's job to protect those who have royally screwed us and themselves over. On another thought, if anybody at HQ wishes to say anything to me, they know my personal email address and can very easily contact me themselves. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bear, Dec 23 9:20 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Hershey Bear (2003 - 2015)

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Dec 1, '15 4:14pm PST 
Aww, I'm so sorry babe. hug He had a wonderful life with you, and for that, you can be very grateful. big hug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bear, Dec 26 11:14 am

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Thu Nov 12, '15 8:44pm PST 
Anypup else getting this stupid code message whenever they log in?

1-0-2;32426;
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Bear, Dec 23 9:20 pm

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Wed Nov 11, '15 5:15pm PST 
The sad thing is, I think dogster will always deny having any responsibility in screwing us over. They will always put the entire blame on slay. Sometimes I think dogster just doesn't give a rat's a$$ about the community members anymore. It's sad because once upon a time, we the members were what held down the fort and kept things running great, especially those of us who were plus subscribers. The question I want answered is, what were they hoping to achieve when they decided to make all those changes in the first place? confused
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Bear, Dec 23 9:20 pm

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Wed Nov 11, '15 10:37am PST 
Still trying to decide if this is worth getting my a$$ beat over, but in the end I think it will be. laugh out loud Dogster/catster started out as the best online pet community on earth. People from all over the globe joined because they loved their furkids like no other. The dogster and catster community was a great place to connect with other pet lovers and learn a lot of valuable information. It was fun waking up every morning and dogster would be the first thing you'd check because you wanted to know what your pals were up to. It was also nice knowing that others were thinking about you. The weddings and parties and games were some of the fondest memories. The annual world's coolest dog and cat show was something we all looked forward to at Christmas time. Through all the fun and laughter, there were times when things weren't so perfect and things got a little heated. We'd all be robots if we agreed on everything about every subject, so the forum discussions kept life exciting. There were also sad times when our babies crossed to the rainbow bridge. Through the tragedies, all the humans were able to put their differences aside and come together as a community to love and support one another through the sadness.

Now the big question, when did everything start going to %$&#@. IMO, it began the minute dogster decided to connect with facebook (big huge mistake)! The reason dogster was such a favourite amongst the pet lovers was because it wasn't a replica of facebook. The minute they started connecting with facebook, members mysteriously started disappearing. Then there was the stupid magazine that nobody gives a crap about, and the biggest mistake of all, selling to slay media. Question, why the crap did you guys feel the need to fix something that wasn't broke in the first place? If you guys had left everything the way it was, things would've been great. I could understand changing a few little things here and there, but not to where it would confuse and frustrate people. If it was that important to change the site, would it have been too much work to ask the members what they wanted and make changes based on the community's needs and wants? Sure, slay media did screw us over bigtime, but you can't put all the blame on them. It's not like they randomly showed up on your doorstep selling their services. Ultimately you guys did this to us and to yourselves as well. I believe I-5 publishing is doing everything they can, but you can't expect them to do everything. It's not their responsibility to clean up all the mess. IMO, I think that scrapping the entire system and rebuilding the entire site would be the best solution. Way too much damage has been done. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Bear, Dec 23 9:20 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > my thoughts on apartment pet deposits

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Nov 2, '15 6:45pm PST 
I understand where they're coming from, but I still think that's messed up to a point to have to make somebody pay a nonrefundable pet rent for that amount. In the end, I think that everybody should be responsible for their animals and to take care of the damages themselves. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Nov 2 6:45 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Desi

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Oct 27, '15 8:09am PST 
Desi, what's going on Hun? Is there anything we could do for you so you won't have to rehome her?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Jan 7 4:27 am

Behavior & Training > Adopted a dog.
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Oct 24, '15 11:34am PST 
How come you don't want Toby on the furniture Hun? I think teaching him the leave it command will be your best friend. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Reina, Nov 1 5:36 pm

(Page 1 of 241: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.