Postings by Katana (fallen not forgotten)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 81: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Kali is very sick :(
Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Sat Nov 1, '14 4:46pm PST 
So sorry to hear of Kali's passing. It does not seem to get easier with time because they leave such a hurt in our hearts when they leave us. I know that Maggie and Katana were waiting to show her the way around the bridge and I know that Maggie will show her the best place to watch over you from the bridge. Again so very sorry to hear of her loss
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Nov 3 3:25 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Veterinarian for SD
Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

I'm a Queen who- works like a- pesant

Barked: Sat Nov 1, '14 4:17pm PST 
Hey Breezy have you tried the ruff wear grip tex boots on her? Thats the type that my husband and I use for our two SDs. They dont seem to rub their dew claws at all. We use a liner first then the boots and they seem to work well for them. You might try those before thinking of the surgery.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Wed 3:53 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Training a Service Dog

Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Mon Oct 20, '14 6:14pm PST 
I dont live in Cali either but have trained two Service Dogs for my husband and am working on training his third as well as my first. My husband's first SD was a yellow lab named Buddy who I will not say what happened to him, but he was not only a mobility dog but also trained for my husband's mental illness. Then his second SD was Katana a Doberman who died two years ago of a heart attack. Katana we were told was never going to make it as a SD because of his past but he did wonderfully. My husband's current SDiT as well as my own SDiT are Black Lab/German Shepherd mixes full brother and sister. Tank is my husband's boy and Bella is my girl. They are both trained for PTSD alert and we are working on teaching Tank different things to help with my husband's other issues.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Breezy CGC-PAT Program SD, Oct 21 6:28 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > What Breed to Get?

Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Sat Aug 23, '14 9:01pm PST 
You might look into a lab mix. My husband and I both have SDiTs they are brother and sister German Shepherd Lab mixes. Last year when they were vaccinated they were 68 pounds for Tank the male and 58 pounds for Bella the female. I know that sounds a bit big but they are hard working dogs and love to work.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Brigantia - CGC CGCA, Oct 7 7:28 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Non leather mobility harness

Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Sat Aug 23, '14 8:57pm PST 
I dont know of a company but you might try something like a neoprene harness. My husband's SDiT has a set of backpacks that he wears that has a handle on the top of the packs but I would suggest finding the neoprene harness someone else might suggest another type of harness but I cant remember what it is.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sep 8 8:10 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Should I "wash out" my SDit
Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Sun Aug 17, '14 9:24pm PST 
My husband and I both have SDiTs. Ours are brother and sister lab german shepherd mixes and where the male 90+ pound Tank has been in training longer and normally behaves better than his 70 pound sister Bella we take the two of them to events like independent wrestling shows, local festivals and carnivals and trips to the mall. We also have the law that gives SDiTs the same access as fully trained ones. We have had to cut back on their training because of my husband's PTSD, Agoraphobia and his balance issues and my own issues as well as my schooling we havent had much time to do a lot of training. I cant find a trainer around here that uses the same training methods that we do which is positive reinforcement training. We normally take the dogs to stores and such as well as I took Bella with me to school a couple times and she did well but we found that she doesnt like going up and down on elevators because they scare her a little. Whatever problems you are having be patient, It may take time but you and your dog can work through each thing in time.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Aug 23 4:48 pm

Puppy Place > Raising orphaned pups after their mother died because of a calcium defeciency

Demon Shadow

I'm just a- scared pup tryin- to be brave

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '14 10:49pm PST 
All I can do is pass on info and worry.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Jun 20 10:49 pm

Puppy Place > Raising orphaned pups after their mother died because of a calcium defeciency

Demon Shadow

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '14 8:48pm PST 
All I can do is pass on info and worry.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Jun 20 10:49 pm

Demon Shadow

Barked: Wed Jun 18, '14 5:29am PST 
in our area the only one I know of is Friends for animals and I think they are connected with the local shelter. If we were in an area like Indy then maybe there would be more help. I will look up their number in the morning. I feel bad for the dogs though cause other than Shaggy and the pups none of the dogs are inside. Even as cold as it was this winter none of the dogs were taken inside because they were "too hyper".
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Jun 20 10:49 pm

Demon Shadow

Barked: Mon Jun 16, '14 5:53pm PST 
I dont even know if that would help. Her husband was my "mechanic" and had been a "friend" since I was a kid. They get by with so much stuff that most people wouldn't that I wonder if they arent lining the pockets of the city. I just pity the dogs and the cats. They have cats down at the shop that are unaltered and constantly having litters of kittens. I will be gettind Demon spayed in September when my student loan refunds come in. I had her vaccinated and am working with her to get her set for a good home. She has come a long way with being around men and children but still needs to learn what the right things are to bite on and when play time is over. I worry about the puppies that my exstep mom has though because I dont think the mom was ever vaccinated.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Jun 20 10:49 pm

(Page 1 of 81: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.