Postings by Lucy Belle's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Food & Nutrition > What do you feed your dog and why did you choose that brand?
Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Sun Dec 15, '13 11:58am PST 
We feed Victor dog food. It is a 4 or 5 star food on Dog Food Advisor. We feed Hi-Pro Plus, which is 5 stars. http://www.midamericapetfood.com/victordogfood/pdf/Brochure-Hi-Pro%2 0Plus.pdf

We feed this food because Victor has never had a recall, it is a great food, made in the USA with named ingredients and it is very afforadable.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Jan 15 6:41 am

Food & Nutrition > Boston Terrier Food Suggestions
Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Sun Nov 24, '13 3:16pm PST 
You are defintiely smart to get her off that food. What you do is mix the old food with the new food. The first week, do 75% old food and 25% new. Second week, 50/50; third week, 25/75 and then by the fourth week you can do 100% new food. I would add Gentle Digest to her food as you switch over too. You can buy it on Amazon if you can't find it locally.

I used to feed Taste of the Wild, but their many recalls scared me, so I quit. I highly recommend the following brands: Victor, Earthborn Holistic and Fromm. Each of these brands have never had a recall and they are high quality 4-5 star foods, but they are affordable. My dogs do great on these. http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/ is a great resource as well.

Good luck with your new puppy!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lucy Belle, Nov 24 3:16 pm

Food & Nutrition > Suggestions of new food?!

Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 11:32am PST 
I currently feed my 3 Earthborn Holistic grain free. In the past, we have fed Fromm, Taste of the Wild, Blue Buffalo, Nature's Variety, Infinia and Nature's Logic. We stopped TOTW because Diamond's many recalls scared me. However, I think all of these brands are good. My dogs really love EH though, and as a bonus, it is the least expensive. I get ours at a local store, but I know it is available online too.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Hank, Jun 28 1:32 pm

Food & Nutrition > No idea what to feed my dog

Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Sat May 18, '13 5:37pm PST 
I feed my 3 Earthborn Holistic grain free now, but in the past we have fed Fromm. Both are great foods and my Boston Terrier, who is very food sensitive, does great on these brands.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Pepper, May 23 1:59 pm

Food & Nutrition > Good Quality, Low Cost Dog Food

Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 12:00pm PST 
My 3 eat Earthborn Holistic. We pay $37.99 for 28 pounds, but EH sends $3 coupons each month, so it is always cheaper than that. My mom feeds her dogs Victor, which is $28 for 40 pounds. It's a great food, but my BT is allergic to chicken and beef, so Victor is not an option for me. Neither EH or Victor have been recalled.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Jul 30 5:10 am

Food & Nutrition > Good grain free no poultry food?
Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Tue Apr 9, '13 1:38pm PST 
My BT is allergic to chicken, beef and bison. She is not allergic to eggs though. We feed Earthborn Holistic, either Meadow Feast or Coastal Catch.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lucy Belle, Apr 9 1:38 pm

Food & Nutrition > I'm new need some advice

Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Tue Apr 9, '13 1:34pm PST 
We fed Fromm in the past. It is a great food and has never been recalled.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Apr 11 2:02 pm

Food & Nutrition > Alternatives To Acana.

Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Tue Apr 9, '13 1:30pm PST 
My 3 eat Earthborn Holistic and they love it. It is their favorite kibble ever. Locally, it is $38 for 28 pounds and they offer $3 off coupons each month.

ETA: I feed grain free.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Zoey, Apr 11 6:31 pm

Food & Nutrition > We're Back! New Food choice for us :)

Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 10:46pm PST 
All of mine eat TOTW and love it. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Rosey Belle Stewart, Feb 14 8:28 pm

Boston Terrier > Flatulence issues
Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 10:32am PST 
My BT never has gas anymore. I attribute this to two things. One, I feed her a high quality, grain-free food called Taste of the Wild. Two, I give her a product called Gentle Digest. When you first start giving it, you give it once a day for 2 weeks. After this time period, you can give it to your BT 1-2 times a week. My BT had horrible gas when I first rescued her, but she had been on a poor quality food. Once she started eating high quality, grain-free food, the gas diminished a lot, but the Gentle Digest eliminated it. You can buy Gentle Digest at Amazon.com and pet supply stores.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Baxter, May 5 6:55 pm

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.