Postings by Miles's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Small Dogs > What grooming products would you recommend...
Miles

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 3:45pm PST 
That's okay! (:

I use baby shampoo, but am tossing it in favor of actual dog shampoo. I don't usually brush since the hair is so short and it really doesn't do much. The comb I use for the dog is also one for a human lol

And yes, the fur is coarse to be exact. Brittle was a bad choice of word.

And I haven't tried any leave in or oatmeal shampoos. Should I use those?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Dec 30 8:59 am

Small Dogs > What grooming products would you recommend...
Miles

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 12:32pm PST 
For a medium sized shih tzu with short hair? I notice his lower back's hair (near his butt) gets brittle over time and the combing is only a temporary solution as in minutes, not hours.

I'd like a recommendation for some kind of dog shampoo, what kind of comb I should use, and other grooming tools you'd recommend!

I'm no expert, so go easy on me party

-sincerely, Miles' owner
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Dec 30 8:59 am

Puppy Place > Microchipping

Miles

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 12:27am PST 
Although not a puppy, I figure he would give me the best answers.

I adopted my shih tzu from my local animal rescue microchipped but never activated it. My mother got the dog so I'm not postive but I think there is a chip already in him.

That can I do to register it? Does it cost money to activate?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Nova, Nov 26 6:20 pm

Small Dogs > what are you getting for christmas?

Miles

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 12:21am PST 
I'm asking for an upgrade from Kong small to Kong medium, Kong Ziggies, Training Treats, and Pet Smart gift certificates.

I'm thinking about getting him new bowls, clothing, and of course TOYS! laugh out loud

OH- and I'm also getting Miles (and me) a pet trailer for the bike. Since biking is a hobby and we live in a sprawling golf community, why not take him all over and walk him in areas he's never seen before? Maybe I'm strange, but I'm SO excited!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Peter Parker, Nov 29 8:20 am

Shih Tzu > Love = How does your dog love you?

Miles

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 12:17am PST 
Sometimes Miles will follow me, but mostly he shows me he loves me by always remaining loyal. I take care of him and he speaks my language. So for him to live with me and bring me such joy is his way of showing me how much he loves me. (:

snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Miles, Nov 24 12:17 am

Shih Tzu > Does your fur baby act on commands?
Miles

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 12:12am PST 
Miles is mostly stubborn. Since he did have a previous owner, I don't know much about how he was trained. He does know is name though and responds well to it.

For simple commands like sit, shake, stop he handles well, but he does not come when you ask him to. He wants to be in the same room, but not right by you. I guess I kinda like that about him though. (:

He doesn't have to be an award-winning command dog for us to understand each other (:
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Miles, Nov 24 12:12 am

Food & Nutrition > What\'s in your treat basket?

Miles

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Sun Jul 25, '10 11:36am PST 
Milk bones, training treets, kong stuff'n peanut butter can, kong stuff'n liver treats.

Can anyone give me some easy dog recipes to make? Miles needs more variety. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Pepsie, Aug 26 4:39 pm

Dog Health > Umbilical Hernia

Miles

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Sun Jul 18, '10 9:32pm PST 
Miles is already fixed frown

I just can't tell if it's getting bigger. Is the the large-ness obvious or slowly over time?

Anyways, thanks everyone for their opinions and I'd love to hear more!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Leah, CGC, Jul 19 6:30 am

Dog Health > Umbilical Hernia

Miles

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Fri Jul 16, '10 9:14pm PST 
I've noticed my shih tzu has had an umbilical hernia and it's not quite the size of a dime (but almost).

It scared me quite a bit, but with a bit of online searching I was told not to worry if it isn't large- but I am worried and I want to take care of it if it can possibly be a problem to my dog's health in the future.

Please, let me know what you think my next step should be- should I ignore it or get it taken care of? And how much would it cost?
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Leah, CGC, Jul 19 6:30 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Friend Wants a Dog - Breed Suggestions?
Miles

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Sat Jul 10, '10 12:23pm PST 
My shih tzu likes to get close- but not too close. He also only sleeps on the bed because I let him but otherwise he does not get on the furniture much at all. But I've heard a lot of shih tzus are very hyper, so you never know what you're going to get.

Maybe a nice lab would be nice. Labs are all around great dogs and can adjust to fit your needs and still be a great companion.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by holly, Jul 13 12:53 pm

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.