Postings by Crazy Sadie Lady's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 250: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > We're Moving and I am How do you say confused and all that...
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Wed Aug 27, '14 3:03pm PST 
Pray that Sadie and I will soon be reunited and will be involved in training another team soon.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Wed 3:03 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Wounded Army, Need a therapy dog, PTSD, TBI, Seizures
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Wed Aug 27, '14 3:01pm PST 
I agree you have to be more correct here and by the way I am also a fellow mainer I live in oldtown
I trained my dog on my own but there is a program that trains Service dogs in Levant. And a man in Ellsworth who dose private training that is who I applyed for got turned down and found the private trainer.Rodney Sparkowich is very nice man and easy to work with. He volenteers at the local animal shelter. He teaches all over maine what I understand. He may be cheaper then the program, once you apply and are turned down you can not apply again. But in maine you can train your own.
I have been training Sadie since she was 7 months. I have PTSD and general anxiety as well as other ailments. I wish you luck and prayers.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by SIR AILBE, Service Dog, Fri 6:52 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Just starting out.....

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Wed Aug 27, '14 2:48pm PST 
Sadie and I are going to be there first: I am going to train her with Sadie and let her get the feel of what it is going to be like owning and working with a SD she is going to begin by making a account here on dogster for herself soon also. Sadie loves all my family and is use to listening to those with in the family circle. So having my Daughter n Law learn to handle Sadie and training her the basics is going to be pretty easy and she knows that. Sadie is an easy going and easy tempered dog and as I said Sadie trained me more then I trained her so I think this will be so fun. Since my grand daughter will be in her first year of Elementry school the daughter N law will be able to learn about SD stuff. It will keep her mind busy since she is a stay at home mom now. We talk about breeds and what she likes for breeds. We have met and she also has seen another Psyc. dog in the same compound as she lives. We talk about her responsibilities of being a SD handler and the equipment that I use and what she will need. I will probably be calling the ADA here in Maine for paper work on what the laws are for maine so she will know first hand what she is going to be up against. As I said she is very excited about getting a dog. Also I want to give you heads up on the fact that our whole family will be living together 3 generations under one roof. My two sons, my second sons wife and my grand daughter. As well as my sister N law may be there also. We are hoping to get a large house in the bangor area so we will be able to travel on the bus too. Sadie has been going through a lot of socializtion and my older son has been working on off leash training with her. These are a lot of changes in her life as well as a busyer
living situation so Sadie and I are going through a lot as we live seppratly. I am hoping that our enteruped life has not changed her too much or imbittered her. She has a lot of work cut out for her in the up coming months. So wish all many prayers will you I will try to be on here more often.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Wed 2:48 pm

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Wed Aug 27, '14 12:55am PST 
I am up dating news of a successful meet with her Psyc. doc. today she got her persciption and faxed it to the apt. owners so she can have a service dog. I am proud of her and I am helping her on her way to getting a dog for herself. In the mean time I am going to help her learn about training a service dog and the laws and etc. She is a little nervouse about train her own dog but excited about getting a dog of her own now. Wish us luck !!!! And prayers please!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Wed 2:48 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Wounded Army, Need a therapy dog, PTSD, TBI, Seizures

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Wed Aug 27, '14 12:48am PST 
Hi I am a fellow mainer Here in old town. I have a service dog myself Her name just happens to be Sadie. Is that not cool lol... I have had sadie for 5 years now I trained her myself. This what you are looking for a Psychiatric dog my daughter N law just got her persciption form her doctor today for one. In maine you can train your own dog. though in Lavant there is a place that trains dogs. There is also a very nice man that trains service dogs on his own his name is Rodney Sparkowich his number is :207-641-9410 he volenteers at the local animal shelter. He also trains the police dogs
in maine. I have PTSD and general anxiety As well as a few other issues of course.
Wish you luck on your search and getting a service dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by SIR AILBE, Service Dog, Fri 6:52 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Should I "wash out" my SDit
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Aug 23, '14 4:48pm PST 
I would never wash out a healthy dog if there was a sever injury yes deffently but behavyor can be fixed I have handle and trained dogs all my life. I know this cause I do it all the time. You are always training a dog every day even if it is a pet. Service dogs are no different other then it is doing a job and their tasks are more important. As I said before Sadie is always teaching me better ways to help myself as well as herself to do a better job.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sat 4:48 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service dog | blue pitbull | XXL Pitbull

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Aug 23, '14 4:44pm PST 
I feel it is the inviroment vs the training though training can be a factor the rest I am not going to argue with since I have only raised one and she is the sweetist dog I have ever owned next to my sheperd and mix pikalab
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sat 4:44 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service dog | blue pitbull | XXL Pitbull

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Aug 23, '14 3:44pm PST 
I agree guess I have a American Staff. Bull terrier and a lot of people mistake her for a pit bull.
They are in the same family but 1 breed devides them. A staff. bull dog can and will reach that much if not more. When worked and raised well. What I saw from the site they are labeling the dog
wrong they are at least showing the healthy pictures of the dogs. I worry though cause everytime I go to my face book (cause I am affilliated to some rescues) I open up to a lot of these beautiful dogs being slaughtered and horrifyingly abused. I am may effend people hear by saying that to breed dogs when there are beautiful animals out there needing good homes is sad and thoughtless.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sat 4:44 pm

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Wed Aug 20, '14 9:05pm PST 
My Daughter N law realized how much a dog would help her while she was taking care of Sadie. I am trying to help her word things to her doctors and Theraphist. They keep telling her that she needs a therapy dog not a service dog. I finally told her to look up Therapy dog. She also was told that a dog service dog could not be for only mental illness or emotional illness. I told her there is a Psychatric service dog for that though she dose have a bit of a mobility issue. She wants to take less meds cause she wants to have a family and can't do that on meds. I told her that she knows how to train it since she raised dogs all her life with her mom. I told her the things that a Psychatric dog could do since she has Bi-polar and PSTD and other mental illnesses that cover that service dog. She is going to again talk to them. I pray she gets them to understand this time.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Wed 2:48 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Non leather mobility harness
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Tue Aug 19, '14 10:00am PST 
Have you checked google or ebay ?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Abrams Tank SDiT, Sat 8:57 pm

(Page 1 of 250: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.