Postings by Crazy Sadie Lady's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 252: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service Dog Training NH/VT
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Tue Sep 16, '14 12:02pm PST 
As I said I am in maine so it is hard to know what state fallows what rules. But owner training is simple when you know what you need. Make a list of the things you need the dog to do for you but first make sure she/he has their basic commands down first and is house trained.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Today 12:02 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Have question about self-training your service dog
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Mon Sep 15, '14 3:08pm PST 
I am working on that with my Daughter in law and right now we are working on getting paper work to go through for her housing .....
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mon 3:08 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > group outing with more than one service dog

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Mon Sep 15, '14 3:04pm PST 
I am trying to hook up with one in the Bangor area ......
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mon 3:04 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > is this letter eligible for use

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Mon Sep 15, '14 12:43pm PST 
I'm sorry Hank for making it sound so complicated as Dolc said just simply have them state: That an
ESA would benefit you. They don't have to say your medical reason for it. And their name and number for questions. Though My daughter N law had them word it just: That she needed a Pyc. service dog. She had to do this for housing.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mon 12:43 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Training a Service Dog

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Sep 14, '14 10:49am PST 
I am not in cali. I am in ME. But I think you are doing well so far Good luck with your training.
My Daughter N law is just starting out with this process SHe just got a letter for a psch. service dog. I am slowing teaching her the rules and laws. She is fluchuating between a med.-lg breed to med. to small breed. Since I only work a lg. breed of service dog I am not sure what to tell her.
My dog is an Am. staffy/mast.bull mix (a newer breed of an American Bull dog) She is small for her breed even though she is female. About 65-75 bls she is about 5 yrs old so I know she is not getting any bigger. But too big in hinsite for their small apartment. Though she has a rabunktions 6 yr. old. My dog loves the child but I am wondering what this new dog will be like. She wants to start off with a puppy, but I adviced her to get a little bit older dog for her first SD. Under a yr she would still have a pup, but then she will also have a dog that may have some basics already installed in to it. She is a novice at SDs but not at knowing about dog breeds and handling. (her mom was a Dog care taker and foster) I am going to suggest that she check with her mom, though she has sorta separated herself from her. We will see.....
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sun 10:49 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > migraine alert service dog?
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Sep 13, '14 8:06pm PST 
I do not believe that just one breed is good at medigating illness or symtoms to things I think your dog is doing well enough. But then it is up to you.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sat 8:06 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Wounded Army, Need a therapy dog, PTSD, TBI, Seizures

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Sep 13, '14 7:50pm PST 
Thank you Yoshi for that kind word...
As I said before If you are in the bangor area it will be easy to get help with this I do not know who or what other wise in other towns. I hope you got a hold of Rodney he is really good, and cost less then a program dog. You can contact me on FB or Butterfly2009kw@yahoo.com. If you need more help. I also am getting back to knowing the bus system so if you need help there I can help.
Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sat 7:50 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > What Breed to Get?

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Sep 13, '14 7:31pm PST 
Dalmations have a tendency to have health issues as well as a couple others you mentioned. As I said I have issues with people who do not consider a shelter dog first. Labs have temperment as well a couple others you listed. Collie and the other breed any with long hair will have problems in the heat of Fl. I have a Bully breed dog (bull mastiff X with Amer.Staffy )She is wonderful but the black gets her in trouble with summer heat. I am telling people who are starting out that getting a pup form the shelter not only gives you a greatful dog but a good start with witch if you get it a lil older will have the basics already covered. Most shelters now have volenteer trainers who come and work with the dogs. They can tell you how well they are with their basics. If I can I will be going to the shelter for my next dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sat 7:31 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > What's in training a therapy dog?

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Sep 13, '14 7:15pm PST 
I agree Lily I whole hardidly agree but this is not a perfect world and we are not perfect as said.
People just want to spoil it for those who need said dogs it is getting harder and harder for us letgit
people and I am now having trouble with my dog cause of this. I am going in to a homeless shelter soon cause of some glitches with my housing I am now homeless. I will have to bring in Doctors notes and etc. to prove my dog is a nessessitie to me. I use her for mobilitie and diabities etc. and as of right now have been with out her as well as other equipment cause of my status.
I am slowly working back up to a status where I can use her in my life again. My oldest son is keeping her in training form for me but somethings he is not able to work her for.
It is hard but I will be ok and closer to things I can address when I need too.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sat 7:15 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > is this letter eligible for use
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Sep 13, '14 7:02pm PST 
You need the Dr.to right this it will call better attention to be more professional. It also depends on what you are trying to secceed on getting. My daughter N Law just did this same proceedure.
We are in Maine, I had her Med Mannager write her this and her couselor were writing it wrong.
Therapy dog is for a dog used in a situation for witch a handler takes the dog to a nursing home and hospital for others to benefit for others. A ESA is for in home therapitic and emotional support a low grade in home (only) service dog. A Service dog is a dog that is handled by a person in witch a dog medigates a disability or illness and assists with such. A lot of proffessionals mix this up and have trouble wording their persciptions for said animal. Housing (if) you are doing this for housing perppose will use it as a loopo, witch she is having trouble now with her housing. Wording is very important and not taken serious enough less worded as essentral to medical need of said animal. Either have them word it as ESA or Psyciatric service Dog. saying then: In their appinion that they feel you would Benefit with such an animal. Quote unquote....
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mon 12:43 pm

(Page 1 of 252: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.