Postings by Crazy Sadie Lady's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 260: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Don't know where to start!!
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Fri Mar 20, '15 2:37pm PST 
Not sure there was a little snag but we are working on it ...
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Fri 2:37 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Don't know where to start!!
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Tue Mar 17, '15 6:53pm PST 
Very Ex-sighted : We are moving to brewer in with my family so this is folks Finally where I was meant to be. My own apartment. 3 bdrms possible 4th. a nice park right practically in the back yard. Library around the corner as well a shopping market,on the buss rout too. So this is our happy spot for Sadie and I. I am planning on getting a pet cat for Sadie and I maybe two. was looking online with a pet rescue center so I may go through that. Ones old and the other younger.
So this is a big thing now.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Fri 2:37 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > I am so proud of Sadie !

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Mar 15, '15 10:38am PST 
She is doing a great job at my place of counceling and people do love her so.
I am not planning to retyer her too soon just when I get in to my new place I might be semi retiering her. that is all I am saying....
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mar 15 10:38 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Should I ?

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Mar 15, '15 10:33am PST 
I know we are suppose to be nice and logical about these things, I have really been having a ruff time with being nice and it is not always stranger since I have had to be an eduecator the last few months if not since I have had Sadie. I really love my friends but they have taken to answer people for me like if they can pet my dog or not. I have slowly allowed some people to do so when I am out and about. But I also explain to them that not all dogs can be pet or that not all SD people will allow people to pet their dog. It is hard for people to understand this but also I have had a lot of people tell me that they know they should not pet a SD. I am working on getting her in to some extra classes this summer for a little extra socailizing classes. We never really got to do that much when we were in Ellsworth . I think it will help Sadie to get around more dogs, I took her to Petco and she was a little too excited about other dogs around her and in the store with her. I live with friends that have a a dog and she is doing very well with it, but she is having issues in the store about other dogs. Not bad but I am going to nip those before they get any worse . I am planning to work her for a little while longer and retier her early I may turn he in to a
therapy dog I am not sure yet. I am planning to get another dog soon after I move in with my family. Sadie's a very good dog everyone loves her, so I would not take her from her work that she does love. She loves loving on people that is for sure.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mar 15 10:33 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > I just had my first Mild heart Attack!!!!!

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Mar 15, '15 9:51am PST 
I think Sadie is doing that now too breezie I am not sure but she seems to be alerting a lot more and I have checked my sugars and it is not that. So I think she is starting to alert to my heart stuff
and may have been doing it for a while now since I have found that my sugar has been steddy for some time. She is not doing it though as much as she was we both are staying with a friend who heard we were looking in to going to a shelter (human shelter not an animal one) But the shelter was not willing to allow me to have Sadie so the friend stepped up and told me to come stay with him and his family. We both are doing well now and I am not so stressed as I was. I was looking at my MRIs this weekend and was not sure what to make of them. Well any way Sadie and I are going to have a big adventure soon. My family and I got approved to buy a Duplex in Town of Brewer this is a really huge thing, cause we will be able to be near but also separet too. I am planning to have a roommate of my choosing someone I know I can deal with since my apt. is 3 bedrooms and a possible 4th to grow in to. Well I am so excited about this cause it suits us so well for now. Though we did plan for a farm house we know it will be ok for us for now.
My younger son really likes the idea of owning an apartment house. It is a nice place though and I am not too picky since I will not have to answer to a landlord any more. I also can get on section 8 if I need to and have it be paid for.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mar 15 9:51 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Hello!
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Feb 28, '15 4:20am PST 
Hello Sadie the Black mouth cure I am Sadie the American Bull dog I's welcome you to Dogster cause I's been here for 5 years now a SD for that long too. I was 7 months old when I came to be with my handler Karen and we are life time team. I hope you will have the same luck I have with my Mom (Karen) cheercloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sadie, Mar 2 11:29 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Questions about daily life with service dog

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Feb 28, '15 4:10am PST 
I agree with Breezy It is a blessing and a curse to have a service dog and a commitment too.
It is a commitment to have a pet too for that matter some people don't it so seriously on both level sometimes you are going to meet people who are a little jealouse of your husband for having a SD.
I have had to face a lot of what Breezy said and more.
I was in a Burger king and someone freaked out cause I told them a answer to the question and the answer made them up set. Be careful and asses your situations before answering a question. Cause yes, there will be a lot of questions. At first where I lived I did not have a lot of attention to me then I moved to a busier place now I am stopped a lot and sometimes yes I have a lot of stress cause of it. I have PTSD too and know what your husband is facing most of us here have it. It can come in different levels too I know that. I try to be nice sometimes it is hard it really is not our duty to edgucate people about SDs but sometimes it is nice to inform someone who is asking for personal reasons. (not yours but theirs) I go to a counceling center and Sadie is very welcomed there. some people there don't want sadie near them most do. It is hard when you get comfortable with places like that. It is hard when you get comfortable period and then someone gets up set cause of you having a dog. Also it is up setting to have friends who think they can answer for you or tell people when or when not to pet your dog for you. It is not a easy life having a SD you have to know this. He will have to make his own judgements when the time comes. I live in Maine and I go to a counceling center in Bangor called CHCS Sadie is loved by most everyone there. I just recently became homeless and the near by shelters do not allow Service dogs. So these are the heardules you have to face sometimes there are places that will not want you there. I am also working on getting in to the YWCA through a program that my counceling center partners with. There will be challenges there too. A lot of people assume that it will be ok and want to try to faze him out from needing the dog. They will take it upon themselves to tell him that he can do it with out the dog. I also go to a rehab place cause I just had a heart attack from the stress of my life. At the rehab Sadie is welcomed and the rehab is in a hospital. As I said there will be times that he will have to make his own choices when, or when he can not take his dog, or when you will have to take the dog for him when he needs to do something that the dog can't do with him. I am sure he was not born with PTSD so I am pretty sure he knows how to speak and think for himself when or when not he can do with out the dog. Skiing will be one of those things that he will probably know that the dog would not be able to go with him but like most rides or activities there are ways and solutions to have her there when he is done doing the activitie he is doing. I am alone in my life I don't have a husband or BF etc. so it is harder for me to do things I want to do. I rely on friends sometime or case workers to handle Sadie when I need to have a second handler. You are allowed to have what they call a proxy handler for a SD. Just remember that.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kairi, Mar 1 8:04 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Collar or Harness?

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri Feb 20, '15 9:43am PST 
Sadie does better in a harness or the Haulti I like to use for her.....
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Happy, Mar 15 4:06 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > I just had my first Mild heart Attack!!!!!

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Jan 31, '15 12:18pm PST 
I have moved out and in with a friend and his family and Sadie and I are doing well.
The friend is trying to help me with my leagal situation and that is good not sure I am going to be comfortable about this but he knows how these things work.
I now wonder how those women are doing since I left. It was a really stressing situation.
My Family and I are working hard to find a home that we all can be in together so it is going to take a wile. I thought that they still had a add in the listing for the room but as I can tell there is not one anymore. I am sorta glad to know this cause they were not mentally stable people and they were not helping anyone out by putting that add in to effect. I am feeling better I can tell you that and Sadie is doing as well as she can. She atleast has a bit of a time getting use to sharring space with another dog. the friend I am staying with has a dog of his own and she is bigger then Sadie. I find that Sadie needs more social skills though so this will more or less do it if she get use to sharing space and time with the other dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mar 15 9:51 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Should I ?
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Jan 31, '15 12:06pm PST 
I am working with my family to get a home with them I have mentioned this a few times. I also mentioned that I had a mild heart attack too, and was living in a stressful situation. I am out of that situation and living with a friend now "and his family." Sadie and I are together Thank GOd!
I am now working on making an offer on a house that one of my group leaders maybe planning to sell.I am hopping that she will agree to a rent to buy agreement.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mar 15 10:33 am

(Page 1 of 260: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.