Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 213: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Wed Jul 16, '14 6:12pm PST 
He everybody! wave
Not much has been going on with me. I caught my toe nail while closing a door 4th of July weekend so I've been nursing that. I've been soaking it in epsom salt every night and bandaging it up for work.

Went to a concert friday night which was fantastic. It looked stormy all evening but it held off. The next morning the whole place was flooded so a few shows had to be cancelled. We really lucked out!

Nick has been officially done with his antibiotics, pain meds, and mush food. Decided to keep him on soaked kibbles though because he hasn't been taking 20 min to poop laugh out loud He doesn't drink a lot of water so he kind of needs the extra moisture anyway. Paris is on dry kibble and this has caused a few fights. She has a tendency to choke on wet kibble though or she would be getting it too.

That's about it!
[notify]
» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by , Today 7:08 pm

Nicky

Barked: Mon Jun 30, '14 6:23pm PST 
Nick's doing pretty good. He doesn't make too much of a fuss when he's given his antibiotic. The dogs definitely miss their treats!! Yesterday, Nick snatched a boiled egg that fell out of the refrigerator, but he didn't know what to do with it because it still had the shell on it laugh out loud I figured that's soft enough for him to eat so he's going to get little cut up pieces for treats. Having a hard time trying to keep him from being too grabby at stuff. I don't want him to rip his stitches.

Feeling much better

Picked this sign up at the garden center yesterday-
Nick's new sign
[notify]
» There has since been 90 posts. Last posting by , Today 7:08 pm

Nicky

Barked: Fri Jun 27, '14 5:13pm PST 
Sonja, what a wonderful birthday present! The Mantas are so beautiful.

Well, the dentals are all done. Paris fared well with mild gingivitis and mild buildup on the back molars. She was back to her normal self yesterday.

Nick did not do so well. He needed 7 teeth pulled- 6 bottom incisors that were loose that they decided just to take out since they'll fall out anyway, and 1 abscessed top incisor. Not the end of the world though. They only charged me for extracting the abscessed tooth which was nice. He's on pain meds and antibiotics for a week and soft food for 2 weeks. My dad messaged me and said he took the syringed antibiotics like a champ.

Post-Anesthetic Selfies:

Paris

Nicky
[notify]
» There has since been 105 posts. Last posting by , Today 7:08 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Great resource for choosing dog or breeder

Nicky

Barked: Fri Jun 27, '14 4:59pm PST 
Came across this great website outlining genetic health issues by breed, what genetic testing breeders SHOULD be doing to prevent them from being passed down, as well as questions you should be asking breeders. This is a UK website so the hip and eye databases are under different names, but the testing is pretty much all the same. This is a great starting place for those looking at purebreds rescued or bred, looking for a good breeder, or looking more into health problems that may occur in mixed breeds, how to choose a dog, and steps to take if your dog comes down with a genetic problem.

Dog Breed Health
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 27 4:59 pm

Nicky

Barked: Wed Jun 25, '14 6:39pm PST 
Sarah I think you broke the thread laugh out loud There's a bunch of blank pages!

ETA: Ok that was weird they're gone shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 121 posts. Last posting by , Today 7:08 pm

Nicky

Barked: Tue Jun 24, '14 8:13pm PST 
Had a pretty good weekend. Actually went out and saw a movie in the theater. I can't remember the last time I did that! Had lunch with a friend then we went to see Maleficent. I really enjoyed it. It had a nice twist on the classic tale.

Tomorrow is day 1 of dental week! Paris goes in tomorrow and Nicky thursday. Decided to take a half day so I can pick him up. I at least owe him that confused I'm sure everything will be ok but I can't help but be a worry wart. He is going to freak out once he figures out he's being left there frown I know I can't wait to get rid of that nasty tartar that's been cemented to Nicks canines since I got him. I hope his teeth will be easier to keep clean with a clean slate.
[notify]
» There has since been 134 posts. Last posting by , Today 7:08 pm

Nicky

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '14 5:52pm PST 
Sarah, bring me back a (live) Cuy if you see one! big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 158 posts. Last posting by , Today 7:08 pm

Nicky

Barked: Thu Jun 12, '14 10:40am PST 
Sanka, the Fosters&Smith website has some cutesy-fied Gentle Leaders with designs on them. I just remembered they have those-
Gentle Leader Deluxe

Roxy, I've heard that Frontline has lost its power in certain areas. I use Advantix and have not had any problems with it. Glad he is doing better and finally able to enjoy himself.

Glad Sonja is back to eating!
[notify]
» There has since been 200 posts. Last posting by , Today 7:08 pm

Nicky

Barked: Tue Jun 10, '14 10:46am PST 
The dogs went to the vet over the weekend. Nick did real well in the waiting room with a few other dogs in there. When we were in the exam room, they took him in back to muzzle, draw blood and give shots and that is when he turned into a screaming banshee. Poor little guy. Both go back for dentals in a couple of weeks. He will probably have a heart attack when he figures out he's being left there. I'm just glad I won't be the one dropping him off confused Hopefully no extractions are needed. Other than the teeth looking a little grimy everything was good with them.
[notify]
» There has since been 211 posts. Last posting by , Today 7:08 pm

Nicky

Barked: Mon Jun 9, '14 11:18am PST 
Sanka, what about bedazzling the crap out of the halti? laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 217 posts. Last posting by , Today 7:08 pm

(Page 1 of 213: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.