Postings by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 350: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Jan 22, '15 5:17pm PST 
Charlie- hope the thyroid issue is the root of the problem! Good to hear from you!

Sonja, hope you're feeling better soon!

Sanka- Yahoo! I hope you get an awesome snowblower! I just won a $25 gift card to what I call "the teacher store". It has tons of classroom supplies. I'm hoping to go back to Starved Rock in the spring, I think the waterfalls will be nice and full, but there won't be much green. Hoping to go back in a few weeks although I don't know if the falls will still be frozen.

Poor Jake, my senior rat terrier foster had NINE teeth pulled yesterday. Irritated with the vet's office that ran late and didn't communicate very well, but that's a long story. He is doing okay and loves getting to eat canned food.

Going to Wolf Park this weekend with Nicky (Nicky where are you?!) and some other friends. Looking forward to getting to see the wolves up close.

I sent my picture of the frozen waterfall to Starved Rock and they posted it on their page. It got over 800 likes! I feel like a celebrity wink
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 12:57 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Jan 20, '15 7:37pm PST 
Sanka- I have fosters who hate crates. It's always a challenge to figure out what to do with them. I don't trust them loose all day when I'm gone because I worry they'll eat something or fight with my dogs, or harass my cats. I've tried shutting these types of dogs in a bedroom or bathroom but then I end up with destroyed doors or door frames. For now my decision has been "tough love" unless they are really hurting themselves. Don't know if there's a better solution...

I went to Starved Rock State Park and saw the GORGEOUS ice falls! I'm going to post a picture here, I know it's probably giant, I'm sorry, but I used to use flickr and I could get any size picture I wanted but I can't do it anymore.

Frozen Falls
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 12:57 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Jan 16, '15 8:17pm PST 
Oh Sonja! Yay!!! SO glad you had positive results!

Sanka- those puppies are SO CUTE!!! Keep posting pictures, we want to see them grow up!

My rescue just had a few litters of puppies born in the rescue. So cute.

Spent way too much time at the vet this week. I took Lizzie in and got her Proin prescription. I haven't given it to her yet, the vet wants me to give it in the morning and I want to be able to watch her for side-effects.

Then, yesterday I came home from work and my foster dog had a crate full of frothy diarrhea. He went out to poop in the yard and it was straight up blood and mucous. He drank water and urped it back up. Took him in to the vet and the vet gave him subcutaneous fluids and metronidazole. It was pretty scare but Dock seems to be feeling much better.

I had been plannign on him getting adopted Thursday night (before I came home to the Great Brown Mess). But while I was driving home the adopter called and cancelled. I guess that's a good thing since he got sick, but... Since I was counting on him getting adopted, I agreed to take another dog. I pick him up tomorrow and I'll have two fosters. boo!!
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 12:57 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Jan 13, '15 7:26pm PST 
Oh Sonja. I'm sorry! Thinking of you!Hope you get good results.
[notify]
» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 12:57 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Jan 9, '15 4:25pm PST 
Oh Sonja, that must be very scary. Thinking about you!

I made an appointment to bring Lizzie in to the vet. She is leaking urine. Not sure if it's only when she's sleeping or not. Hopefully a little Proin will do the trick.
[notify]
» There has since been 50 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 12:57 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Jan 9, '15 4:22pm PST 
I've only fostered for one rescue, but I have a friend who fosters for like 3 or 4 rescues simultaneously (I don't know why, since we are an all breed rescue, she can get pretty much any size/mix of dog, and all the dogs she fosters for the other rescues are very similar to ours). Anyhow, I wouldn't worry about hurting anyone's feelings, you need to do what is right for you and your dog. Plus, how would the first rescue even know unless you told them?
[notify]
» There has since been 51 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 12:57 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Jan 8, '15 10:19am PST 
No school again today. It doesn't feel too bad but you can tell it's really cold, the snow sounds funny when you walk on it! hah! Dogs are being funny in the snow. Lizzie loves it and doesn't want to come in... crazy dog. I have to go out and get her. Sarah & the foster just run out, do their business, and run back in.
[notify]
» There has since been 58 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 12:57 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Jan 6, '15 5:37pm PST 
Schools are closed tomorrow due to cold. Not sure if I'm happy or not... smile It will be nice to have tomorrow off in the cold but I don't want to go back in May for an extra day and I have meetings I have to reschedule! But it is quite chilly out- they are predicting wind chills up to 35 below (F).
[notify]
» There has since been 61 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 12:57 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun Jan 4, '15 2:55pm PST 
Glad you were able to be there to help, Bunny! Even the little things make a big difference. I witnessed an accident happen a few years ago, no one was hurt. I got out to check on everyone and gave my statement to the police. By sheer coincidence I happened to know one of the guys involved (he was not at fault). Every once in awhile he thanks me for being there. Just the fact that there was a familiar and caring face was important to him.

The guy that caused the accident was under 17 and made a majorly illegal u-turn. He tried to to a u-turn from the right hand lane. No turn signal, in the dark, in the rain, and not even at an intersection or anything. He got a HUGE fine and lost his license for something like 18 months.

Happy New Year, everyone! We got our first real snow today. Supposed to get more tomorrow night and it's going to get really cold...
[notify]
» There has since been 67 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 12:57 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Dec 25, '14 7:10pm PST 
Merry Christmas from Sarah
[notify]
» There has since been 91 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 12:57 am

(Page 1 of 350: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.