Postings by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 347: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Oct 9, '14 4:41pm PST 
Hi Toto!

Handsome Cash!

Sanka- hope your bite heals up well. That sounds scary! I've gotten a glancing blow on my hand but not enough to really bleed, and never on my face! yikes! Hope the adoption works out, Honey deserves a home and Kato deserves a break!

I'm babysitting a former foster dog for a few days. He's still in foster but left my house when I took Toby back. When I had him before, Mikey was absolutely terrified. I think he was either abused or just was somewhat feral. He will take treats from me and he lets me touch him (if I can get close enough). When I first had him this summer he wouldn't look at me or anything. Now he is so much more confident, it makes me happy smile

I dropped my fancy new smart phone in the dog water this evening. It had a really good case on so it only had a TINY drop of water where the charger goes in. Turned it off and hoping when I turn it back on later everything works. There's a crack across the front of it but it has a tempered glass protector, so I don't know if it's the protector that cracked or the screen. I'll probably take it in this weekend since I have insurance on it.
[notify]
» There has since been 54 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:54 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sat Oct 4, '14 1:06am PST 
Good Luck, Honey!!

Jewel- funny story for you. I was at the dog park today and a girl came in with her dog, they came out of an RV. Anyhow, she said she was from Canada. My friend who was with me asked her where she was from, saying she'd have no idea where it was, so it was silly to ask. But it turns out the girl lives in Saskatoon! Made me think of you! Apparently her husband is the #3 racquetball player in Canada and they are on an RV/Racquetball tour of the US! smile

So glad it's Friday...
[notify]
» There has since been 83 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:54 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Mon Sep 29, '14 4:13pm PST 
Lizzie ate about a pound of dog treats yesterday and got pretty sick. She was bloated quite a bit and was throwing up. She threw up 8 times in about 6 hours. Scared me quite a bit, but I fasted her (she wouldn't eat anyhow) and she is much better today.

I on the other hand, am SICK! I had a fever last night but seems to be going away. Probably some sort of flu-type thing, although it's so early. I had a LOT of students out sick last week, so I probably got it from them. Nice to stay home from work though, even though I don't feel great! smile

I went to two events this weekend and won raffle prizes at both of them. Don't know what I won from the second event, I have to go pick it up. Hoping I feel well enough this afternoon to go in.
[notify]
» There has since been 100 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:54 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Wed Sep 24, '14 12:52am PST 
Haha, Sanka! just up here in good old northern IL! All that growth and still only one ear per stalk! It is starting to turn but I think it will be in the fields for awhile longer!

Flicka- I'm guessing you get taller corn where you are as the growing season is longer. The corn around here is usually over my head but not twice my height! My brother did some field work in North Dakota and they use corn that is very short since their growing season is so short. I think we just had a perfect storm of cool, wet, sunny weather this year. No drought, but no flood either. Or maybe they just planted a very tall variety this year!
[notify]
» There has since been 110 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:54 am

Dog Health > Are these serious spay complications?

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Sep 23, '14 1:55am PST 
Call the vet if you're concerned. They should answer your questions on the phone or have you come in for a follow up if it's serious.

Shivering is pretty common from the anesthesia (at least that's my experience). Some tummy upset is also common but it never hurts to call and ask.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Duncan , Sep 23 4:11 pm

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Mon Sep 22, '14 1:21am PST 
Good Luck with the dental, Bunny!

Sonja- background checks are a pain. I'd bet that most, if not all, of the university staff have had background checks and fingerprinting done. I know everyone working at my school does. Now any one that wants to volunteer more than once in the school has to be fingerprinted. It's a pain, but if it prevents one dangerous person from getting in I guess it's worth it.

Sanka- Is the corn around you ridiculously tall? I was out at my family's farm and oh my gosh, the corner is probably 12-13 feet tall. I've never seen it that tall before!
Tall corn!

Took a ride on the hay wagon around the "block" (each side of the block is a mile). Back in their heyday, my grandpa and his brother farmed 1,000 acres! My grandpa owned about 500 acres(now it belongs to my aunt and uncles). They rented the rights to farm the land around them. Now my family rents out their land to other farmers.

I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow.
[notify]
» There has since been 117 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:54 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sat Sep 20, '14 1:10am PST 
Still here, Tyler. Just don't have much to say. Work keeps me busy big time. Toby finally got adopted yesterday. Very quiet here without him as he and Sarah played like crazy.

There was a squirrel killing at the dog park today. 6-7 dogs surrounded a squirrel dumb enough to come in the park and the poor thing had no escape. Blech! party
[notify]
» There has since been 127 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:54 am

Dog Health > Neutering a 2 year old male?

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Jul 24, '14 6:23pm PST 
Never too late to neuter. I foster for a rescue and I've had foster dogs as old as 11 neutered.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Jul 25 6:40 pm

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '14 5:58pm PST 
I think in these times if you don't have a reliable way to be contacted, even if it means leaving a message, you are really going to miss out on important opportunities. I know a few people who do not have internet and I think that society uses it to much to communicate it makes things difficult. We have two families who foster that don't have internet, so whenever the coordinator or another group member sends out mass emails, she has to individually call these two people. Can you imagine trying to call 60 people? I guess that's where phone trees come in to play, but those have a tendency to fall apart. I don't expect instant access to everyone, but I do expect to be able to leave a message.

The lady called me back and left me a message. She said "I saw a missed call and I'm not sure if you're calling about Toby?" Well if she had her voicemail working she would have known! Hah! I'm picking him up tomorrow night but I am really worried that I'm going to have fights...
Good luck to Honey!

I
[notify]
» There has since been 317 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:54 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '14 12:52am PST 
The post is showing up on my feed but not in here.....
No one has stepped up to take Toby back or to take one of my current fosters. I don't want to leave him in the home if it's an unhappy situation. I don't want him to end up at AC... but I'm worried that taking him back here without moving one of my current guys is going to cause conflict between the dogs at my house. Mike has started growling and going after Randy, although not consistently, and Randy doesn't seem to "get it". Ugh. I don't know what to do. I REALLY like Toby but he was not the best with the other male foster that I had... On the other hand, I will never forgive myself if something bad happens.

I did go ahead and call the lady but she didn't answer and her voice mail isn't set up. In this day and age, everyone should have voicemail, especially people with kids!

Sanka- i thought of you because I went "off roading" with the dogs. But nowhere near as far as you walk yours. I took them to the offleash dog park that has a pond. about 1/4 of the shore is mowed and has gravel put down, the rest is "au natural", but has a rugged path. So i decided to walk them down the path. Well, a little more than halfway around the pound and the path is GONE. I thought there was a second path higher up so tried to walk there, but that path was no more. I ended up walking through razor sharp marsh grass and thistles over my head, and the ground was so uneven, there'd be like a foot deep drop off, but you couldn't see it because it was covered in grass... I was not dressed appropriately- had capris and short sleeves on. My arms and legs are all cut up! I was thinking the whole time "man, Sanka's pictures make these hikes look so fun!" ha!

I rented the Lego Movie so now I'm going to give the dogs a potty break and settle down to watch it.
[notify]
» There has since been 321 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:54 am

(Page 1 of 347: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.