Postings by Dozer ~ CGC's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 28: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Frontline Ineffective?
Riley

Good Friends,- Good Food, Good- Life

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 3:19pm PST 
You could try the new Costco flea medicine.
Kirkland at Costco came out with a flea medication that used the same ingredient as Frontline. It was considerably cheaper and had a lot more packets in it, so I switched one of my dogs to it as a test. I was suspicious that it was too good to be true. No one got fleas, even the one on Frontline. But I've never really had a flea problem to start with in the first place. shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 5 1:34 am

Sports & Agility > How, Exactly, Do You Sign Up For an AKC Rally Trial?
Dozer ~ CGC

Life is about- clicking and- sleeping

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '12 11:56am PST 
Thank you so much!

I've found the show superintendent's website, including the online and paper forms. Entry closes in about a week so I'll be getting them in soon.

Thanks again! dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 15 9:01 pm

Sports & Agility > How, Exactly, Do You Sign Up For an AKC Rally Trial?

Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Tue Feb 14, '12 10:42pm PST 
This may seem like an obvious question, but I can't figure it out and it's frustrating me. dog

I am hoping to do an AKC Rally trial with Dozer this March. He has a PAL and know all the novice commands so I'm going to try it out and see how it goes.

The only problem is... I can't figure out how to sign up for an event!

I've combed the AKC website looking for a form to fill out and send in or an online registration option. I've checked the club website searched through that as well. I've even Googled it, checked Yahoo! answers and Wiki answers, but I haven't found a whisper of how to sign up anywhere.

So, what do you do? Contact the club and ask to sign up? Is there a secret form floating around somewhere that is only given to a select few? (If there is a form, whom/where do you send it in to?) Online registration would be nice, but I'm guessing there isn't such a thing.

Thanks for checking this out, I'm just a little flabbergasted that I can't figure it out. I'm a complete newbie so even little details like this trip me up. Thanks again! meditate
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 15 9:01 pm

Behavior & Training > Cesar Millan

Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Dec 15, '11 3:26pm PST 
applause Asher
[notify]
» There has since been 79 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Dec 19 8:26 pm

Dog Health > Lump and Throwing Up?

Riley

Good Friends,- Good Food, Good- Life

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '11 12:16pm PST 
Riley is a 9-week old Lab puppy. Recently she's been having some problems.

When we first got her, she was showing signs of a UTI (dribbling, frequent need to go). We had her checked out and she did have one. The vet put her on a mild antibiotic for two weeks. That seems to be clearing up and she's doing much better. She also had vaccines at that time.

During the night, she was usually restless. I took her out to pee around 3, but she spent the rest of the night whining and pawing at her crate. Later this afternoon I was looked her her bone in her crate and I discovered she had barfed in it and then covered it with her blanket... yuck. It was light brown in color, and had chucks of stuff like pine needles, rubber bands, pieces of foam, leaves...

This morning when she pooped, it was very runny and loose and dark brown in color. This afternoon she had to go again, and it was basically liquid.

Normally I would just wait and see, but I noticed this weird lump on her anus. It's seems to be full of puss, is reddish in color, and is about the size of the nail on the pinky finger.

Here is a picture:

Riley's Lump

Riley goes to the vet again on Monday for vaccines and to check on how to UTI is going. I'm hopping that by then this will of just gone away, but if it hasn't I will have the vet take a look at it.

I was wondering if it could be Parvo? My other dog is vaccinated against it, but I have been taking her out around around people, stores, puppy classes, and the neighborhood, so she might have picked it up at one of those places. If it is really serious I could call the vets for the program she's from, but I don't want to bother them when I'm so close to going to my own vet anyway.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mitchell Rapp "Black Ops", Dec 9 9:33 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > A terrier discussion
Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Oct 20, '11 1:04pm PST 
Have you thought about a Schnauzer? They have good drives and make good Earthdog, agility, obedience-type dogs but don't drive their handlers nuts when they're off "duty." At least that's been my experience with Dozer.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sammy - RIP, Oct 23 10:59 pm

Dog Health > Spaying and then aggression? Whaat?

Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Wed Sep 21, '11 12:34pm PST 
applause Toto. I second the idea, getting a complete check-up and fecal from the vet wouldn't hurt. wishes
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Sep 29 4:25 am

Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Tue Sep 20, '11 12:02pm PST 
Well put Trigger.

Spaying causing aggression is a load of baloney. A dog of my childhood was spayed before her nipples even developed and she was the sweetest dog for both humans and other animals.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by , Sep 29 4:25 am

Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Mon Sep 19, '11 7:12pm PST 
To the Original Poster-

I am so sorry that you and you're dog are going through this right now. It's very frustrating when dogs act aggressively, good luck!

I suggest re-copying this thread to the Behavior and Training section of Dogster. Different members write there who may be able to help you. (and who will actually focus on helping you, not going on with an unscientific rant about spaying.)

If you would like some books on how to deal with this, I would suggest Click to Calm and Don't Shoot the Dog. (Google search can help you out.) I would also think about contacting a professional dog trainer, find one who uses a clicker and positive reinforcement so that your dog is comfortable and is happy learning.

Maybe another dog hurt her at the vet's and he didn't tell you? shrug Anyway no matter what her reproductive status is I think what with time and training she can improve.
[notify]
» There has since been 79 posts. Last posting by , Sep 29 4:25 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Another reason NOT to chain your dog....
Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Sep 17, '11 8:23pm PST 
applause Sanka
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Sep 20 12:58 pm

(Page 1 of 28: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.