Postings by Maggie (I'm Moms Angel Now)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 83: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Puppy Place > Puppy won't stop screaming - please help!
Isis

I am way too- cute for my- stripes

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '15 1:13pm PST 
Isis screamed anytime she was in the crate at night for the first two weeks that she was here. I like her but I was to a point I wanted to put a no bark collar on her to keep her quiet. Dont worry I didnt do it. I ended up putting her in a crate with Garnet and Blaize and she has slept through the night ever since. Try putting a stuffed bear with a hot water bottle and a ticking clock in the crate with your pup it might help. Hang in there and good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Isis, Fri 1:13 pm

Puppy Place > I am just curious about her breed. Thinking she is Dutch Shepherd but was told she cant be.
Isis

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '15 12:57pm PST 
I like the little puppy runt and so does my foster dog Casper. Most people dont realize that because Casper is almost all white that he is still a GSD. He is a mix though and in MHO he is very handsome but he is 79 pounds of neglected shelter dog muscle. He was neglected by his owner and put on a chain there. Then he ended up in a cage, now he is in a home for who knows how long. Maybe just maybe he will become my foster failure.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Today 4:26 am

Behavior & Training > Storms freak him out HELP!!

Casper

Just cause I'm- big dont mean- I'm mean

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '15 12:52pm PST 
There isnt room in Foster Mom's bathroom for my crate to sit by the washer and dryer and there is not a dishwasher in her kitchen. Foster Mom wants to try either rescue remedy or putting dried lavender inside my dog bed that I sleep on in my crate and maybe hang some dried lavender over my crate to help me relax. I dont mean to be scared but I dont like storms but I LOVE foster mom so much thats why I am trying to be good for her.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Heidi, Sat 4:01 am

Puppy Place > I am just curious about her breed. Thinking she is Dutch Shepherd but was told she cant be.

Isis

Barked: Thu Mar 26, '15 3:57pm PST 
She is still really young. She goes to the vet this weekend. From what my son told me her owners got her when she was less than two weeks old because her eyes werent even open yet, so I doubt that she got near the right nutrition from her owners. Isis is growing really quickly though and is taller than Garnet now.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Today 4:26 am

Behavior & Training > Storms freak him out HELP!!

Casper

Barked: Wed Mar 25, '15 6:57pm PST 
Hi, I'm Casper and I am a shelter dog that my human friend is fostering for a while. She found out that I dont do storms last night. We had a big thunder storm last night and I freaked out. I was out in the play area of foster mom's yard yesterday evening and the storm came up. I kept jumping up at the window to tell her I wanted in. She finally brought me in and put Tank's Thunder shirt on me then crated me. I still freaked out, Foster Mom even covered my crate turned the fan on me,fed me and turned the TV on for me and I still didnt settle down for a while. I feel bad now cause she had classes today and I kept waking her up. Would rescue remedy help me? I dont want to go back to the shelter I want to stay here cause I already claimed foster mom as MINE by peeing on her the first time we walked together.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Heidi, Sat 4:01 am

Isis

Barked: Wed Mar 25, '15 1:13pm PST 
We dont know where she came from. My son asked them and they gave him a vague answer. She is getting big fast. People keep telling me that she cant be a Dutch Shepherd because she is too thin or because she has too much white on her. This post is her FINALLY
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Today 4:26 am

Food & Nutrition > Could he have a sensitive tummy and if so what treats can we use when training?

Casper

Barked: Fri Mar 20, '15 7:33pm PST 
Casper is a grazer. He doesnt eat a lot at one time, he will often eat only a few mouthfuls of food then spill part of it and hide it under his bed because he is fed in his crate. I think he hides his food because when the shelter got him he had not been fed much of anything at all while with his previous owner. I am only fostering him for a little while. I am working on his training but I am beginning to really love him and may end up adopting him myself. He has bonded very closely with me but will listen to my husband although not very willingly. I have had to give him plain yogurt mixed with canned pumpkin a couple times to clear up as my great niece put it his run away tail. We have tried giving him chicken but he got sick off it. I thought about trying lamb based treats but I dont know how well he would handle that.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Mar 21 4:08 am

Food & Nutrition > Could he have a sensitive tummy and if so what treats can we use when training?

Casper

Barked: Thu Mar 19, '15 5:31pm PST 
I just wish I could figure out what he can and cant eat. He is doing really well on the kibble that the other dogs eat but where they get treats I feel bad cause he cant have them. I am going to get some turkey and try that next then maybe go to the local shop that sells all natural dog foods and treats and see if they have anything that will be easy on Casper's tummy. I know three years ago I bought some treats for Maggie that she LOVED but I didnt know that one of the ingredients in them could have been triggering the seizures that she was having due to a mass on her brain. I dont know if they still carry them or not but they were a soft cookie that was made of all natural stuff. I think they were duck and blueberry. I have been trying to find a website that sells them but I cant. I think they were called Great Northern Biskets but I dont remember for sure.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Mar 21 4:08 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Casper the shelter dog and my own pack

Casper

Barked: Wed Mar 18, '15 6:12pm PST 
I am not sure what the deal is but yes I am managing the other dogs around him. He is not allowed interaction with them normally unless he is crated and the others are leashed while in the house or the other way around. I only have one intact female right now that is of breeding age and we are just waiting on the vouchers for her to get fixed. Casper is well behaved around my family and I and our pack. He seems to be better with females but I have a mixed pack of 6 females and 3 males of my own then the puppy sitting puppy who is under 8 weeks and Casper. He has been really good with the puppy Isis even going as far as to share his food with her and initiated play with her the other day. He pulls on the leash but he is getting better as long as I use the halti or Gentle Leader to walk him. He has learned how to sit and knows that the open back hatch of our SUV means car rides but we cant leave him leashed in the crate in the back or he will chew up the leash.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Koby, Mar 19 4:12 am

Casper

Barked: Wed Mar 18, '15 6:04pm PST 
My husband gave him a piece of raw chicken skin the other night and it made him sick so I may have to find another form of poultry type of protein. I thought about maybe duck jerky?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Mar 21 4:08 am

(Page 1 of 83: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.