Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 40: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Grooming > Petsmart "Guarentee"?
Tucker John

I Love Life!

Barked: Sat Aug 20, '11 10:12pm PST 
I find it really hard to believe a Petsmart shaved a dog that was a bath only. The price on a clumber bath is somewhere around $25 and a full groom is somewhere around $80. Why would a groomer do a cut on something they're only getting $15 for instead of $40. Not to mention, bathers are not allowed to give haircuts at Petsmart.

Anyway, it is not Petsmart policy to pay first. It depends on the regional manager. The NY Petsmart I worked at, customers had the option to pay first (the registers are at the front of the store and it was a pain for some people to drag the dog up there with them) or take the dog with them. Most people actually paid first then came back. That was as per our regional manager. And honestly, even without the guarantee, people could always complain and get their money back way too easily.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Mar 28 7:49 am

Food & Nutrition > Advice about Blue Buffalo.
Riley Star

The Life Of- Riley

Barked: Sat Aug 20, '11 10:04pm PST 
If you can find it and can afford it I'd recommend Acana or Orijen for grain free to get your moneys worth.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 29 4:56 pm

Food & Nutrition > Survey about dog nutrition

Riley Star

The Life Of- Riley

Barked: Thu Jul 21, '11 12:38am PST 
1.Where do you buy the majority of your pet products? A local small pet supply store

2.Why do you shop here? Been going there for over 10 years, and to support local business

3.What other retailers do you shop for items that your primary store doesn’t carry? Petsmart and 3 other local stores

4.Do you own dog(s) and/or cat(s)? Tell me about your pets! 3 springer spaniels and 1 cat

5.What food do you feed to your pets? I rotate, but the dogs generally get Fromm, Chicken Soup for Dog Lovers Soul, California Natural, Merrick, Before Grain, Natures Variety, Wellness, Evangers. The cat gets Before Grain or Wildnerness

6.What qualifications do you require from the food that you feed your pets? Made in the USA, no corn wheat soy by products, decent protein levels.

7.What do you consider basic necessities for your pet? As far as food? Protein, fat..

8.What variety of pet product do you feel is underrepresented in current pet retailers? Grooming supplies. Low quality shampoo is damaging to pets skin.

9.Is it important to you that your pet retailer offers other services (grooming, boarding, training, etc.)? It would be nice. Most retailers here, minus petsmart, do not offer anything other than supplies.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jul 29 9:06 pm

Grooming > How much do you pay?

Tucker John

I Love Life!

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '11 5:56pm PST 
I'd probably charge $40-45 for a maltipoo, if it were matted a lot more. A basic puppy trim probably around $20-25.

I prefer owners not to be there.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Oct 2 9:31 am

Behavior & Training > Excited dogs in the car & a baby

Tucker John

I Love Life!

Barked: Wed May 18, '11 3:12pm PST 
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. All makes sense and goes along with what I've already been doing, just never applied the same rules in the car.

As soon as I got pregnant I worked really hard on leashing them up when calm and then we dont go out the door til all 3 stay seated and calm. Took SOOO much patience lol but we are now at the point I can leash them, tell them to sit and wait, open the door, me step out and they follow when I say ok. This has helped A LOT.

My friend bought me a mesh divider but that worked for all of 2 seconds lol. I will save up and buy a nice divider when I can.

Its not that I havent been working on it and now last minute am trying to. Its that my pregnancy brain has left me unable to come up with any good ideas and what I've been doing hasnt worked. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 19 11:04 am

Behavior & Training > Excited dogs in the car & a baby
Tucker John

I Love Life!

Barked: Sun May 15, '11 12:47pm PST 
In 5 weeks my first baby is due. One problem I have not been able to solve with my dogs is their excitement in the car. Jasmine is fine, she lays down and sleeps. The problem is with the boys.

Tucker is so insanely excited in the car about going for his walk or wherever it is we are going. If I don't use a harness he will jump from front to back nonstop. Today I installed the car seat and he kept jumping on it even with the harness on. Obviously, I don't want him doing that when a baby is in it. Do they make some sort of divider that goes across the seat to keep him away from the seat?

Riley usually goes in the way back (I have a ford escape SUV) and is fine back there except he barks. He barks loud. Especially if he recognizes what road we are on. I can usually solve it by keeping a water bottle to squirt him, but its not the safest thing to try and do while driving.

Might I add in case someone suggests.. I plan on having Riley and Jasmine in the way back. I would put Tucker back there but he always manages a way, even if I use a harness, to jump over the seat to the back seat anyway and then is all tangled up.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated!! Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , May 19 11:04 am

Food & Nutrition > Evanger's canned food (anything bad about this dog food line?)

Tucker John

I Love Life!

Barked: Sat Apr 30, '11 3:28am PST 
*shrug* I am too poor anymore to really give a hoot about a companies problems or moral issues or whatever. Who cares. As long as the ingredients are what they say they are (unlike companies like Abady) and the price is right, I'll buy it. When you have to choose between paying your mortgage or buying dog food, you learn not to care. Theres more important things in life than dog food.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 30 3:28 am

Food & Nutrition > rawhide good or bad?

Jasmine Lula

Sweet Girl

Barked: Wed Apr 27, '11 5:39am PST 
We've never had a problem with rawhide and they love it.way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by , May 2 4:33 pm

Food & Nutrition > Harmony Farms canned food?

Riley Star

The Life Of- Riley

Barked: Wed Apr 27, '11 5:38am PST 
I feed Harmony Farms quite a bit.. its in the grocery store and reasonable price. The dogs love it and I've never had any issues.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 28 7:47 am

Food & Nutrition > Evanger's canned food (anything bad about this dog food line?)
Tucker John

I Love Life!

Barked: Sun Apr 24, '11 7:59pm PST 
Their canned line is what I use 95% of the time for my canned feeding. Never had a problem and the dogs love it. Its really great for my budget too (the cheapest ones they have).
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 30 3:28 am

(Page 1 of 40: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.