Postings by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 407: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Does anyone have experience with using Meloxicam (Metacam)?
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Sun Mar 29, '15 5:47pm PST 
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feed back and the suggestions. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Koby, Today 5:47 pm

Dogs & Travel > Going across country
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Mar 29, '15 11:21am PST 
I just saw this. I hope its not too late to post.
Incase anyone needs a ride to transport, I found this website.
www.wingsofrescue.org
Looks interesting and maybe it could help a few of you.
Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Today 11:21 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Just a few questions

Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Sun Mar 29, '15 11:17am PST 
What a cutie. I know there's a website you can use to get lots of information. I just can't remember it. Maybe someone else will see this and let you know which one is legitimate, since several are bogus. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jax (earned her wings 5/30/12), Today 11:17 am

Behavior & Training > Socializing Puppy

Reina

I'm so cute, I- can't stand- myself.......

Barked: Sun Mar 29, '15 11:02am PST 
I was advised by our vet that if you have another dog exposed to disease, they can give it to the pup, even if the dog isn't sick. With that said, you have another dog, so that's socialization until you can take him to puppy classes or the park. We took Reina to the stores with us (the ones that allowed it, not pet stores). We carries her and never put her down. Once she had all her shots, we started taking her everywhere with us. I take treats so people can give them to her. Now she loves everyone. We have her in puppy classes and she loves dogs too. Good Luck and please keep us posted.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tyler , Today 1:24 pm

Koby

Barked: Sun Mar 29, '15 10:34am PST 
Thanks guys. Koby can't use most NSAIDS, specifically Previcox. It was the first med prescribed and he got bloody diarrhea, so that's why he's on Tram adol. It's taken most of the edge off until recently, that's why the vet prescribed the Meloxicam. He always has some degree of pain, esp. if he's full of it and wants to play. We were trying it to see if he can tolerate the Metacam. It appears he can except for the not wanting to pee, so I guess a trip to the vet for some tests is what I will do. Yes, they did a blood panel which he's due for again. frown I do have him on the joint supplements you described.
As far as treats go, I read all the labels. Anything for dogs Chinese made scares me, since we lost one of our dogs to the infamous dog food recall. It was before they confirmed what was going on. If it's made is China or if the label is ambiguous, I don't buy it.
Toto, you live fairly close to me, do you know anywhere I can take him to swim? I can't find anywhere that's safe, doesn't cost a fortune or says "No dogs allowed". shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Koby, Today 5:47 pm

Puppy Place > Hi! I'm Dublin.
Reina

Barked: Sat Mar 28, '15 6:49pm PST 
welcome
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Reina, Sat 6:49 pm

Puppy Place > Hey ya'll! We are new here! A question too!

Reina

Barked: Sat Mar 28, '15 6:47pm PST 
I would guess that she's older like you say. Maybe someone else can jump in and comment. She's very cute! Good Luck with her. welcome
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Reina, Sat 6:47 pm

Koby

Barked: Sat Mar 28, '15 6:35pm PST 
This Winter's been particularly hard on Koby. The snow was/is too high for him to get his regular exercise outside, so I've had him on the treadmill more than usual. The frozen ground is really hard on his hips. His vet prescribed him the pain med s Tram adol for everyday use and Meloxicam (Metacam) to use only for his really bad days, which seem to be often lately. Anything I've read says I shouldn't keep him on it for more than a few days at a time. It really helps him. He acts like a puppy again. I noticed he doesn't want to drink or pee when he's on it. I make sure I put a lot of water in his food so he gets plenty of fluids. But he still doesn't want to pee. Today he went only twice. Should I be worried? Any input would be really appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Koby, Today 5:47 pm

Behavior & Training > Storms freak him out HELP!!

Koby

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '15 1:22pm PST 
Unfortunately, some dogs are unconsolable. I have a friend with the same problem. They haven't found a solution either. Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Heidi, Sat 4:01 am

Dog Health > Exercise during bad weather
Koby

Barked: Thu Mar 26, '15 5:50pm PST 
Well, this Winter we got more than 7 feet of snow. I really couldn't walk him in that this year, esp. with his HD.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jasper, Thu 6:47 pm

(Page 1 of 407: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.