Postings by Kali's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 383: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Elderly dog's owner passes away
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Fri Jun 27, '14 12:22am PST 
Thanks Fritz. I'm trying to get pictures of her as I type this. A Facebook page is a good idea. Thanks! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kahirah, Ch., Jun 27 3:25 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Elderly dog's owner passes away
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Wed Jun 25, '14 9:58pm PST 
Does anyone have any suggestions of rescues I can call to see if an elderly dog can be placed in a new home? An elderly person passed away and no one wants to take his dog. She's a Puggle type dog that is around 8 or 9 years old, potty trained and doesn't bark much. Her only vice is she loves food. I met her and she's very sweet. She's healthy but over weight, but that can be fixed. She's living in his house alone in New Jersey. The neighbors are feeding her because they don't want her to go to the local shelter. They would probably put her down. I can't take her because I'm afraid Koby might hurt her. He's still in training for his issues. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kahirah, Ch., Jun 27 3:25 pm

Behavior & Training > Trouble finding socialization oppertunites! PLEASE HELP!

Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Sun Jun 15, '14 7:28pm PST 
No Problem, good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Onyx & Ruby, Jun 16 10:41 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Small/purebred dogs stolen in NW-resold or ransomed!!! Please read!!! News story from Seattle, WA

Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Jun 15, '14 4:00am PST 
Member since 6/13/14 I would get the police involved if I were you and/or the local news, 20/20 and Dateline. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kali, Jun 15 4:00 am

Behavior & Training > Trouble finding socialization oppertunites! PLEASE HELP!

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Sat Jun 14, '14 5:27pm PST 
I had the same issues with Jax when I first first got her. I found a place near the local SPCA/shelter where the volunteers walked the dogs from the kennels. The people who walked them completely understood my predicament. I walked her there and asked them to help and they did gladly. It was the best thing I ever did for her. She made leaps and bounds after that. They were the most helpful people I found to help her. Hope that helps. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Onyx & Ruby, Jun 16 10:41 am

Behavior & Training > Dangerous Dogs Indeed...
Kali

Barked: Sat Jun 14, '14 4:54am PST 
I grew up with Dobies. They're the biggest couch potatoes you'll ever meet. We had one that the neighborhood kids used to come over and say..."Can we play with Gunther?" He was one of the kids. We also had Malamutes. They are very protective of their families, but Blue was the biggest kid of all. He used to sit on our sleds in the winter and slide down the hills with us. It was the funniest thing. He shared sandwiches, donuts and watermelon and occasional gum with us. People that make those blanket negative comments are NOT dog people, so they really don't have a clue. Yes, certain breeds have certain traits, but with proper care and training, most can be like our Gunther and Blue were, "One of the kids".
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Opheila, Jun 15 9:55 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Maxwell Fern

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '14 6:11pm PST 
I'm sorry you lost a good friend...hughug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cleo (In Memory), Jun 14 8:05 pm

Behavior & Training > These dogs love eating poop

Kali

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '14 6:07pm PST 
Welcome to my world. If you find a solution that really works, let me know. Kali is 10 and she still eats poop. She taught Koby that its a great snack. So, now I have 2 that like to eat poop. shrug
Leave it only works if they know I'm looking. As soon as I'm not paying attention, somebody goes and the other runs over and eats it. confused
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kali, Jun 13 6:07 pm

Behavior & Training > Aggressive foster dog

Kali

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '14 6:03pm PST 
Sounds to me like she's setting her boundaries. To her, she was yanked out of her family and home, so she might also be confused and scared. Has she snapped or bitten anyone that you know of? I agree a good trainer that has experience with aggression would be helpful or a behaviorist. I know you are fostering her, but the way you describe her treatment from her family before you got her, will only make her worse if she goes back. How much exercise does she get? If she's the hound/shepherd mix you suggest, she probably needs an outlet for her working dog traits/energy. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Moxie - my precious angel - 1, Jun 17 9:52 am

Dog Health > Puppy food makes my puppy sick
Kali

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '14 5:50pm PST 
Try changing the food. There are several kinds of puppy food on the market. When Kali turned 5 months, she suddenly couldn't tolerate her food. Sometimes they suddenly acquire an intolerance to something in the food even if they've been eating it for a while. Check the ingredients on the bag your trying to feed her. If the base is beef, change to chicken or lamb. If it's chicken or lamb, try changing to beef, etc. Good luck and please keep us posted.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jasper, Jun 14 7:38 am

(Page 1 of 383: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.