Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Raw Food Diet > I am interested in doing the raw food
Pepper

it's not funny

Barked: Sun Dec 6, '09 12:47pm PST 
diet with my toby and pepper. I am scared though that the switch from kibble (high quality) to raw meat will upset their stomachs during the trial period.(the runs). As I have read that this happens.
I have done the research but I don't know how to start...where to start...I am scared of the mess....and to be honest I am scared of change but who isn't (please don't judge me)
any tips, ideas, info
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 8 8:32 am

Dog Health > is it ok to feed my dog salmon?
Toby

hike?! hike!- hike! hike!

Barked: Fri Nov 20, '09 1:11pm PST 
oh... as long as I cook it plain, no salt, nothing just the salmon he will be fine? these are salmon fillet and I will check for bones before I feed him. I just hope he likes it thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 21 2:55 am

Behavior & Training > The pros of living with a reactive or fearful dog.

Toby

Barked: Fri Nov 20, '09 1:07pm PST 
this hits a sore spot. I have the same issue with my toby. I've learned that instead of getting frustrated and crying, I can get a grip and do something about it we have an appointment with a behaviorist the week after thanksgiving and I've been working with him. I know how to get his attention now before he reacts to his surroundings (sees another dog, or people) snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 20 3:12 pm

Toby

Barked: Fri Nov 20, '09 1:00pm PST 
ooh then never mind I got plenty of Pacific NW salmon in my fridge that I thought about sharing with him. frown
Thank Goodness I was able to check the thread before I got home from school..happy dance
can't wait to see him snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Nov 21 2:55 am

Dog Health > Garlic Pills

Toby

Barked: Fri Nov 20, '09 7:17am PST 
thanks for the info! I will read more about it and see if we can use this as a healthier alternative against fleas. I've heard they could get pretty bad during fall/winter
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 20 7:17 am

Toby

Barked: Fri Nov 20, '09 7:16am PST 
thanks! will try it today... I hope he likes it smile
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Nov 21 2:55 am

Toby

Barked: Fri Nov 20, '09 12:18am PST 
I was wondering If I can feed cooked salmon to my tobs tobs. We've been feeding him fish based kibble and he is doing good on it. But I recently read it could also be beneficial to feed him salmon I thought I read somewhere that this is toxic for dogs. Because of his allergies they shaved his butt area and now his hair is growing and we want it to grown shiny and healthy like he's had it his whole life smile
he's my handsome fella and want to keep him like that
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Nov 21 2:55 am

Behavior & Training > Dachshund training

Pepper

it's not funny

Barked: Thu Nov 19, '09 1:20pm PST 
our sessions aren't even that long! really! I start with sit and then she, of course, does it. As soon as I try to teach her something else she starts chasing her tail (I wonder if she thinks this is a trick I guess the fact that I gave her a treat the first time she did that makes her think so) lol I love her big grin . but yes I know she's a puppy and she definitely does puppy things. I found a great puppy training class and look forward to take her... and keep training her at home. I am still trying new treats to find her favorite one so far she loves them all equally (she doesn't discriminate).
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 19 1:20 pm

Dog Health > Cold Weather

Pepper

it's not funny

Barked: Thu Nov 19, '09 1:11pm PST 
where I live is not that cold, but it is wet, humid and windy. My doxie is short haired and so little I do put sweaters and some water proof jackets on her, I just hate to see her shiver. I say it won't hurt to get a few warm clothing items
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Nov 20 8:48 pm

Dog Health > Garlic Pills
Toby

Barked: Thu Nov 19, '09 1:08pm PST 
never heard of garlic pills before? I thought garlic was terrible for dogs and whenever one my dogs manage to get some of our food (and if it had garlic on it)I would be freaked out and call the vet. (like I said I am paranoid mom) so it's ok to give them this?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 20 7:17 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.