Postings by Sport's Family

GO!

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Adoptions at Petsmart?

Sport

I demand your- attention!!

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 6:06pm PST 
I know this about adoptions: You pick out a dog and make sure that you and the dog get along and that he is what you want in a dog. After all that, you go through a screening process. If you pass the screening process then you get the dog.

What I need help with is the screening process. What all do you have to for it? If I left anything out then please fill me in!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Taggert, Feb 16 2:41 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Adoptions at Petsmart?
Sport

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 4:09pm PST 
I am hoping to get a dog soon and I really want to adopt. Every weekend there is a local shelter that takes a few dogs (and cats) to Petsmart. I've never adopted before. Has anyone else adopted a pet like this before? And anything else about adopting would be welcomed too!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Taggert, Feb 16 2:41 am

Dog Health > Wood havings?

Sport

Barked: Thu Jan 19, '12 3:29pm PST 
If I am gone from home for a while then my dog stays outside in a pen. He has a barrel,blankets and a bed. I was also thinking of putting wood shavings out there for him as well.They are from trees that have been cut down from one of our fields so they come from either an oak,pine,or maple tree. Are they safe for him? I know to check and make sure that there aren't any foreign objects mixed in with them.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sport, Jan 19 3:29 pm

Food & Nutrition > Can my dog eat these?

Sport

Barked: Tue Dec 27, '11 10:13am PST 
I have some peanut butter flavored.wafers that you melt to make into candy and lollipops. I have read the ingredients but amcnot sure if they are safe for my dog to eat.Here's the link
http://www.makenmold.com/Shop/Product/CandyWafers.aspx
You have to scroll down to the Peanut Butter Wafers. Do y'all think these are safe for dogs?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Dec 27 2:20 pm

Dog Health > Old Dog Vestibular Syndrome

Remington(- Rest in- Peace littl

Barked: Sat Oct 22, '11 2:24pm PST 
Thanks! I've quit blaming myself (for right now anyway) and it helps for me to picture him up in doggie heaven running and playing with his brother Prince and they are both there with wagging tails and watching out for me and keeping me and my family safe.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 22 4:39 pm

Barked: Sat Oct 22, '11 9:10am PST 
I am not sure that is what he had but today he went to join his brother Prince across the rainbow bridge. Poor Sport doesn't understand thathe isn't coming back. I feel like it was all my fualt for letting him get sick.cry I just can't stop thinking about what I should have done differently for him. Rest in Peace my little boy!!rainbowcryfrown
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 22 4:39 pm

Barked: Fri Oct 21, '11 5:59pm PST 
My beagle has the syptoms.Off balance when standing, when he is standing he staggers, his head tilts to which ever way he is watching somebody, he doesn't want to eat or drink(he will how ever take a bit or two of kibble and drink a little water), and he is making a moaning like noise. Remington does want to get up and follow us like he normally does but he is off balance and falls when he tries. Has anyone ever had a dog that has or does have this? How long it take your dog to recover?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 22 4:39 pm

Dog Health > What could be wrong?

Barked: Sun Oct 16, '11 5:12pm PST 
My beagle Remington is acting differently than normal. His usual behavior is full of energy, attention hog, and always up for a meal. Today he just wanted to sit still,not eat, and not wanting to be petted. Nothing is physically wrong with him so i was thinking it might worms but i'm not sure as he doesn't have any other signs of having worms. My other dog is fine so I doubt that Remington got something from him. Does anybody have a clue what might be wrong with him? I'm really worried about my babycry
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Oct 17 5:41 am

Jack Russell Terrier > Meet Sport

Sport

Barked: Fri Oct 9, '09 6:17pm PST 
Hi! wave I'm Sport! My mom thinks that I am a JRT.But she isn't positive on that.I love to run!!!!Especially after a ball! Its a good thing my mom's brother loves to play baseball.I used to have a 'brother' but he had to be put down frown .He had a problem that vet said she couldn't fix.I miss my brother.Everybody thinks I am about 1 to 2 years old.Gotta go!There are bones waiting to be chewed and tennis balls to be thtrown!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kyleigh Thornton, Oct 21 7:57 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.