Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

Dogster Railroad > Chained 24/7, emaciated, HW+ Rottie desperately needs transport from Statesville NC - Brandon, FL
Brady CGC

Barked: Sun Oct 10, '10 6:37am PST 
ASAP. Please email dawn@flyinfur.com with all offers.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 10 6:37 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Video for Bella and Baby - looking for their forever homes.
Bella

Barked: Tue Jul 20, '10 5:08pm PST 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kbstnBj4hI
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 20 5:08 pm

Raw Food Diet > Protein Content

Brady CGC

Barked: Mon Jul 19, '10 7:43pm PST 
I told her about the water content making it much much lower, but she didn't get it... naughty
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 20 5:04 am

Grooming > Help! New reaction to his oatmeal shampoo...

Brady CGC

Barked: Mon Jul 19, '10 6:10pm PST 
Oatmeal will provide a carb source to feed staph and yeast on the skin = worse itch and irritation.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 20 8:56 pm

Raw Food Diet > Protein Content

Brady CGC

Barked: Mon Jul 19, '10 4:01pm PST 
A friend of mine is a vet tech and her vet told her that a raw diet is horrible and no dog should be getting 100% protein. She has been trying to get me to switch back to kibble for over a year now, despite seeing how amazingly healthy my dogs are now compared to when they were on a high qualiy kibble.

I tried to explain to her that a raw diet is not 100% protein, but she insisted that since all they are getting is raw meat, bones and organs, that it's ALL (100%) protein.

I can see why she (and the vet) thinks this but I know it isn't true. Can anyone point me to some articles or something to prove her wrong?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jul 20 5:04 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I am ready for my forever home!
Bella

Barked: Sun Jul 18, '10 12:44am PST 
Bella is a 2 year old female American Pit Bull Terrier. She weighs 53 pounds.

Bella is an absolute doll. She is crate trained, potty trained, and knows basic obedience. She walks very well on a leash and does not pull. She sits and waits politely at doorways and does not go through until you tell her 'okay'. She is a quiet dog and almost never barks.

She loves to cuddle and give kisses, and she doesn't get on the furniture unless you invite her up. Bella gets along with other dogs and loves to play. She is a complete joy to be around and always puts a smile on your face.

She is spayed and current on all vaccines including rabies and DHLPP. She tested negative for heartworms and is current on her monthly heartworm and flea preventative. She is microchipped and has been dewormed for intestinal parasites.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 18 12:44 am

Raw Food Diet > Not raw related, but Bruschi is holding a giveaway!

Brady CGC

Barked: Wed Jul 14, '10 10:40am PST 
http://bruschisadventures.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-very-first-giveawa y.html

Check out his blog for details! The prize is a $20 donation in your name to the rescue of your choice, and it's super easy to qualify. happy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 14 10:40 am

Raw Food Diet > Fish Oil preferences

Brady CGC

Barked: Sat Jul 10, '10 9:39pm PST 
http://www.seapet.com/index.php?cPath=61_65&osCsid=ec4a2149614365f0d 718aaea987df31a

We use SeaPet Fish Oil w/ Vitamin E
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 12 8:06 am

Raw Food Diet > Big D for 2 weeks

Brady CGC

Barked: Sat Jul 10, '10 9:37pm PST 
She is still underweight so I can't cut her food back any more. She needs to be gaining weight. Are you saying to feed more frequent meals? Also why would cutting back the bone make her have firmer poo? I thought more bone = firmer poo?

She has an appointment for the vet next week for a spay. I'll have them do a fecal again.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 10 9:37 pm

Raw Food Diet > Big D for 2 weeks
Brady CGC

Barked: Sat Jul 10, '10 2:54pm PST 
It's not explosion diarhhea, just extremely soft poo. I pulled her directly from the shelter. She had a negative fecal and was de-wormed the day I brought her home, and they made no mention of her having any kind of diarhhea or soft poo.

The chicken is inclusive of wings, so it's probably about 50% bone. I can't imagine adding more bone would be a good idea?

I had no idea what she was eating (most likely Science Fiction Diet... which I refuse to do to this poor girl.) She had been at the shelter almost a month and was still about 5lbs underweight. She has put on a pound or two and is looking much better.

The skin is on and the meat is not enhanced.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 10 9:37 pm

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.