Postings by Feather's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Help with balancing
Feather

Just a quick nap- before bed- time!!

Barked: Fri Feb 6, '15 3:26pm PST 
Thank you Ginger, we are thrilled! I am going to check out those multi mins and see what I can get. I keep seeing on all the ones I have looked at so far, a warning that too much iron in supplements will kill an under 6 year old!

How much Vit E do you give? Daily, along with fish oil?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ginger, Feb 6 6:12 pm

Feather

Barked: Thu Feb 5, '15 11:35am PST 
Thank you so very much Ginger! I was actually hoping to hear from you. I have sent you mail but haven't heard back and got worried!

I can also get beef kidney, I forgot to add that. What kind of multimineral tablet? Just any kind for adults? I have 4 dogs right between 15lbs and 25 lbs, and Feather is 68lbs now. I have to update my page because one of my gang is a new blind, deaf puppy I got at the shelter when I was volunteering last year. She is now 1 year, and has eaten raw/kibble/canned all along, because I knew I would screw up a growing puppy! I want her on just raw now and that's what prompted my question. So, mostly beef muscle meat, some chicken bone, some beef liver/kidney and beef heart and about 1/2 a multimineral tablet, some Vit E and fish oil? That's good to know. Anything else?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Feb 6 6:12 pm

Feather

Barked: Thu Feb 5, '15 4:43am PST 
Hello all! We are a family of 5 dogs, all different breeds and sizes. My oldest is Feather, my Yellow Lab who is 17 years old. Everyone has been eating raw since 2005. I have fed many different ways over the years. Premade for convenience, make your own plus supplements, premixes like THK, prey model, etc. I have to say, I am finding that EVERYONE does well with prey model. No gas causing veggies, no bulky poop, no growly tummies, etc. BUT, I am having a problem with variety. I am just not able to get much more than bony chicken, beef and pork muscle meats, beef and chicken livers, and beef heart. That's it. That's what is affordable and available, and that's what everyone will eat. I prefer to feed twice a day, so I have been feeding red muscle meats with some eggs or sardines in the morning, and hacked up Cornish game hen with some organs at night. Can someone help me figure out what is missing from this limited diet? I'm a nurse but a terrible mathematician! I have been on Nutritiondata, and all the sites showing profiles of different foods. I did spread sheets a while back, so based on their weights and activity, I pretty much know what they need but can't figure out the rest. I have been feeding this ad hoc way for a while now and fear they are missing something. Can anyone here help me out? I appreciate any help. I have been on Dogster in the past but lately just reading as a bystander. I recognize some of my old friends on here but also some new faces!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Feb 6 6:12 pm

Raw Food Diet > Introducing Ginger, Maxwell's little sister....

Feather

Barked: Thu Nov 21, '13 5:46am PST 
That's great news, on both fronts! Sounds like she is turning out to be a great little dog for you. Training is going so well, she even has fun at the Vet!

Can't wait to see her new pictures....

Whole prey with feathers? Hmmmmmmm. Might have to try that with this pack.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ginger, Dec 15 1:24 pm

Raw Food Diet > Introducing Ginger, Maxwell's little sister....

Feather

Barked: Fri Aug 16, '13 4:13pm PST 
OOOOOHH...she looks great! What a beautiful dog! How many ounces per day are you feeding? Just curious. I still have an enormously fat beagle. Ever since Remy passed away in November, I swear the dogs have gotten even heavier. It's like I'm splitting Remy's portions 4 ways!

Congrats on the beautiful Ginger, she really is a beauty.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Dec 15 1:24 pm

Raw Food Diet > Ginger is doing great on raw but she poops twice a week?
Feather

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 11:31am PST 
I know, it is hard. Maybe she is ready for much less bone?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Feather, Aug 6 11:31 am

Raw Food Diet > Ginger is doing great on raw but she poops twice a week?

Feather

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 10:14am PST 
Feather only poops about 2-3x per week. Always has. But, she also gets almost obbstipated from too much bone and will occasionally go 5-6 days without a poop during those times!

She's a beauty, and I'm glad all is going well so far, except the poop! (or lack of...)
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Feather, Aug 6 11:31 am

Raw Food Diet > Switching to 1/2 and 1/2 again.. *sigh*

Feather

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 10:01am PST 
Thanks for the pics Charlie! Awesome. Looks good. Getting it all done and over with is good too. I see chicken hearts and gizzards too.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Feather, Aug 6 10:01 am

Feather

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 8:37am PST 
That's great, good for you. I think I might steal your recipe!

Where are you getting the venison? Are the pork and venison ground? Do you make up a huge batch and freeze with the supplements incuded? Or do you add supplements at feeding time?

Thanks for helping me...
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Feather, Aug 6 10:01 am

Feather

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 7:45am PST 
Is the evening home prepared meal balanced on its own or as an acompaniment to the kibble? I would love to know if it balances nicely on it's own, that would be great for me to feed my little beagle! She can't have bone, have to keep an eye on her phosphorus levels because of kidney disease.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Feather, Aug 6 10:01 am

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.