Postings by Lil Bear's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Plus Contests > CAPTION A PHOTO ON MY PAGE AND WIN!
Lil Bear

Let's PLAY!!!

Barked: Fri Jul 29, '11 12:31pm PST 
YO-DE-LE-HE-HOO!!!

You looks like youse yodelin to me.
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by Kiki, Aug 29 11:35 am

American Eskimo Dog > American Eskimo good fit for us?
Lil Bear

Let's PLAY!!!

Barked: Tue May 24, '11 8:45am PST 
Lil Bear is my 3rd eskie, and my first puppy. He is just now beginning to settle down (he will be 2 tomorrow). If you get a puppy eskie, I would STRONGLY urge you to use a crate while you are gone at work. Especially for the first 2 years.
Lil Bear can be obnoxious with other dog but he does make friends with some too. It depends on the other dog and what Bear decides. WARNING--Eskies form their own opinions and make their own decisions. They are head-strong.
As for children--SOCIALIZE, SOCIALIZE, SOCIALIZE!!! Take them to the park, around schools, nieces/nephews birthday parties, and babysit children in your home. Eskie do become territorial about their people (pawrents). My last eskie had to be re-homed (that's how I got him) because he would/could not adapt to the new baby. As the baby became more mobile the problem got worse. He was having to be separated from the family which made him & the family even more miserable.

I love the breed and the 3 that I've had. They are so full of personality and energy. They are lots of fun but you need to know how to work with them. They were bred to be "alarm" dogs. They bark at EVERYTHING! They do not respond to harsh discipline. Positive, consistent training is important.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lil Bear, May 24 8:45 am

American Eskimo Dog > New Eskie Owner Looking to make some friends :D

Lil Bear

Let's PLAY!!!

Barked: Tue May 24, '11 8:19am PST 
Hi Gage,
I's lil Bear. TOMORROW'S MY 2 BIRTHDAY!!! (mama jus' seed dat tomorrow is May 25-she gots 'cited).

I be yer furriend.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Charlie, Nov 10 6:02 pm

Plus Contests > Need votes please!

Lil Bear

Let's PLAY!!!

Barked: Thu May 5, '11 2:20pm PST 
Ok, I keeps votin fur ya. Das a looooooooong contest. GOOD LUCK!! BTW is a pretty dress.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Pepper, SD, CGC, May 18 9:04 pm

Behavior & Training > MISTAKES

Lil Bear

Let's PLAY!!!

Barked: Mon May 2, '11 11:00am PST 
I take him to small dog play (every 1st & 3rd Saturday at Petco). He's ok there. We don't have a dog park close by. We do go to various parks but dogs must be leashed.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lil Bear, May 2 11:00 am

Behavior & Training > MISTAKES
Lil Bear

Let's PLAY!!!

Barked: Sun May 1, '11 3:45pm PST 
Lil Bear was my first puppy and I made alot of mistakes. He is extremely nervous around other people, kids and dogs. He will warm up to other dogs eventually, but never with strangers. He just hides behind me.

Apparently I didn't socialize him with enough people when he was a puppy. He's now 2 years old. We've gone to puppy and intermediate trainings. He loves my sister and nephew. He's not afraid of the next door neighbors but will charge and bark. Fortunately they are "dog people" and know him so they don't back away.

How do I introduce lil Bear to people without him "freaking out" and hiding?

Ok, something I learned this evening. Lil Bear is less nervous when he is NOT on the leash. Tonight we were playing with his ball in a church parking lot. A lady came over and started speaking to me. Bear approached her, sniffed then backed away. He sniffed again then he became friendly with her. I've noticed this with him and dogs as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lil Bear, May 2 11:00 am

Plus Contests > Need votes please!

Lil Bear

Let's PLAY!!!

Barked: Sun May 1, '11 3:22pm PST 
How long is da contes'? We been votin an we sees yer mama's winnin.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Pepper, SD, CGC, May 18 9:04 pm

Dogster Railroad > Transport questions--asking for Smokey in WI

Lil Bear

Let's PLAY!!!

Barked: Thu Feb 17, '11 10:50am PST 
We lives in Michigan an mama is not workin now, so we could pick up in Indiana an take Smokey fur a leg of the trip--Perhaps to Pennsylvania, maybe further if necessary.
[notify]
» There has since been 88 posts. Last posting by Chloe, Feb 28 8:06 am

Dogster Railroad > Transporter or Overnite Stay available

Lil Bear

Let's PLAY!!!

Barked: Sat Feb 13, '10 10:52am PST 
Hey all,
My mama is willing to help with the "Dogster Railroad". We live in Detroit, MI. She can drive or if ya'll need a place to stay you can stay here with us for a nite.

Just paw-mail us and let us know!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lil Bear, Feb 13 10:52 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Hey Pups! What was your name Pre-Adoption?
Dixie

GOTTA RUN

Barked: Sun Aug 12, '07 6:11am PST 
My aunt found me but couldn't keep me so she turned me over to a rescue lady for 3 whole days. Then my dad came for me. The rescue lady called me Hershey cuz I was sweet and brown. My family renamed me DIXIE after the area where my aunt found me.
[notify]
» There has since been 211 posts. Last posting by Joey Diego - CGC, Therapy Dog, Jan 25 7:51 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.