|Barked: Fri May 21, '10 11:31am PST |
|Hi, I've got a unique puppy raising opportunity. I'm looking for a kind of puppy raiser like they use in service/guide dog organizations. I am trying to train my own service dog. At this point, I can't have puppy living in my home because of my living situation (I've got a very elderly dog). But if I want a service dog I've got to start training now since I'm starting graduate school soon.
So here's the deal: I am looking for a sort of modified puppy raiser experience. The puppy would live at your house but I would take him virtually every day and spend at least 8 hours dog training and taking him out- So I would need the raiser to live near or in Pasadena. When my old dog passes, or when I go to school, I will be taking the dog. I will pay for everything; vet, food, toys, etc. I know usually puppy raisers have to do a lot of work like taking him to classes, public places, etc. So I am looking for a 'puppy raiser lite' since I will be doing most of the work (and I want to do it too!). Mostly its a safe haven for the dog and would be good socialization. This would start in July and I would be taking the dog back within a year (at the very latest).
What you would get:
· A cute, healthy, well-bred 8-week-old labradoodle puppy (25lb as an adult)
· Someone to take him out 8+ hours a day
· Free vet care, food, supplies, etc.
· Overnight care- like potty breaks etc.
· following my training directions (like using only positive reinforcement)
· limited training (like crate training which I could not do since he'll be at your house)
· And of course, giving him back to me when it's time (the hardest part!)
This would be great practice for someone who had been thinking about getting a puppy and wants to see what goes into it, or for someone who has always wanted a puppy but hasn't gotten one for financial reasons. Cats are ok as long as they are nice but I would prefer my puppy raiser to have no other dogs. So if you are interested, send me an email ASAP (email@example.com) and we can talk more about it.
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|