GO!

New Dachshund with skin problems

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lucy

Eat, Sleep and- Play all day!

Barked: Tue Jan 12, '10 6:32am PST 
Good morning fellow mini dachshunds lovers,
We just added a new mini dox to our family in November. We have been having a lot of skin issues. Itching, flaking and now the doc says he has a skin fungal infection.
confused Is this common with doxies?
We are using a medicated shampoo, but it does not seem to be helping much. I also switched his food about a month ago to Orijen grain free incase it was a food allergy. And added some fish oils as well. But not helping here! Any suggestions would be appreciated!
[notify]
Choto

Let's go to the- boat!

Barked: Fri Jan 22, '10 10:02am PST 
I hear they tend to have skin issues. Choto has been bald on neck and abdomen since about 8 months old, skin scrappings never revealed a problem. I do have to have benadryl on hand, b/c he does get allergic reactions to things, even last vaccine.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Mar 16, '14 2:05pm PST 
Lucy, you sound like my poor Diamond, we have been having an ongoing issue for a year now, and have had to go on Royal Cabin's Analergenic dogfood to help her immune system, skin issues and possible allergy's. We have tried all foods, raw diet, cooked diet, grain-free,and vegetarian diet. Have you had success?
[notify]