GO!

I'm new to Dogster

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Mouse

I WANT FOOD!!!

Barked: Fri Jan 1, '10 2:27am PST 
I adopted a little Double Dapple Mini Dachshund that I named Mouse, last spring, and am thoroughly enjoying the unique little monster! She is such a funny little critter. She gets TONS of attention, due to her being soooooo different, not only does she look unique, she's deaf with some mild vision impairment as well. but that doesn't stop her! From what I can tell (I've never owned a Dachshund before, tho she's my second deaf dog) she's a typical, determined, stubborn, playful, snuggly little Doxie.

She is a bit OCD on kisses, I'm wonering if that's typical for the breed? or it may have something to do with her rough (somewhat neglected) start in life. everyone comments on the length of her silly little tongue!

all in all, I would def. adopt another little deaf doxie, Mouse has been soooo much fun so far, and has even learned enough tricks to participate in a couple of Scout (my other deafie) and my deaf dog demo's! apparently, Doxie's aren't known to be all that obedient, but Mouse has already learned 15 signs, and is continually working on adding to her "vocabulary"
[notify]
Zoey

cutest cuddlebug

Barked: Fri Jan 8, '10 8:44pm PST 
Yep, OCD kisses are normal. smile Enjoy the love.
[notify]
Jax

Barked: Mon Apr 26, '10 3:27pm PST 
I have a miniature and kisses are always a plus! And constant laugh out loud
[notify]