GO!

Has anybody tried agility with their chin?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Muffin

Cute as a- muffin!

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '07 9:32am PST 
Hey,
Just wondering if anyone has done any formal agility with their chin. I've set up jumps at home and my girl flies over them, but I'm afraid her tendency to ignore me when something better comes along may hamper her ability to focus!!!
[notify]
Gabrielle

Stop! You little- fart-nugget!

Barked: Sun Aug 19, '07 8:47am PST 
Muffin: I have also wondered about agility. I paw-mailed a couple of the chins on Dogster who had agility pics to question but have not received responses yet. The fact that she will run off to something more reinforcing to her can be handled thru training. My biggest concern is the heat. I am afraid to try the indoor rings as I think it could be bad to run on the turf covered concrete all the time. The outdoor matches are what I think the sport should be. Gabby doesn't take long to get overheated when she runs hard even when it is not terribly hot outside. She is fearless and I think she could excel but I am not sure how much that stresses them. thinking
[notify]
Gabrielle

Stop! You little- fart-nugget!

Barked: Sun Aug 19, '07 8:48am PST 
Muffin: I have also wondered about agility. I paw-mailed a couple of the chins on Dogster who had agility pics to question but have not received responses yet. The fact that she will run off to something more reinforcing to her can be handled thru training. My biggest concern is the heat. I am afraid to try the indoor rings as I think it could be bad to run on the turf covered concrete all the time. The outdoor matches are what I think the sport should be. Gabby doesn't take long to get overheated when she runs hard even when it is not terribly hot outside. She is fearless and I think she could excel but I am not sure how much that stresses them. thinking
[notify]

Samurai- Warrior Chin

Can we go out- and play- now?!?!?

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 9:22am PST 
Ther is a new facility near where Samurai and I live and I think we are gonna give it a try. He loves the tunnels and can zing around and in and through the jungle gym at the park, it's amazing. Samurai is very well trained and will stop whatever he is doing when I whistle at him. I do this outside at the park when he is playing with other dogs as well as indoors when he is playing and he ALWAYS stops on comes to me so I am very well off!! This new facility has rubber floors to be gentle on the dogs knees ect. I will let you know once we get going! I think the chins are great at this!!!!!
[notify]