Pet Food Recall from Some Popular Brands

Tinker Bell- Forever

I love cookies!

Barked: Thu May 2, '13 10:32pm PST 
I will try to paste the article here I copied from Cat Channel . Really surprised at the brands.

Expanded Cat Food Recall
Five dog and cat food and treat brands are pulled for potential salmonella contamination.
By CatChannel News Editors | Posted: April 22, 2013, 12 p.m. EDT

Salmonella was detected in some cat food and cat treat batches of Natura Pet Products. Natura Pet Products, acting on what the manufacturer called "an abundance of caution,” has voluntarily expanded a month-old recall to include all dry pet food and treats bearing expiration dates through Mar. 24, 2014.

The cat food recall, ordered because of potential salmonella contamination, does not involve any canned wet foods or biscuits.

The affected brands include California Natural, Evo, Innova and HealthWise dry food and treats for cats and dogs. Karma dry dog food was not part of a recall announced March 18 but was added to the list.

All UPCs and lot codes are part of the wider recall, Fremont, Neb.-based Natura reported April 19.

Recalled lots include the following:
California Natural
All Sizes; All dry dog and dry cat food and treat varieties; All UPCs; All Lot Codes; All expiration dates prior to and including MARCH 24, 2014

EVO
All Sizes, All dry dog and dry cat food and treat varieties
All ferret food varieties; All UPCs; All Lot Codes; All expiration dates prior to and including MARCH 24, 2014

Healthwise
All Sizes; All dry dog and dry cat food and treat varieties; All UPCs; All Lot Codes; All expiration dates prior to and including MARCH 24, 2014

Innova

The affected products are sold through veterinary clinics and pet stores in the United States, Canada, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and Costa Rica as well as online.

The action followed testing conducted by the Michigan and Georgia departments of agriculture, which confirmed the presence of salmonella in additional foods and treats.

Symptoms of salmonella poisoning in pets include lethargy, diarrhea, fever and vomiting. People who handle contaminated pet products may exhibit similar symptoms.

Pet owners are advised to discard the recalled food. Information about replacement food or a refund is available by calling 800-224-6123 from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CDT Monday through Friday.

Additional consumer and retailer information is available here.

See all cat food recall information >>

Give us your opinion on
Expanded Cat Food Recall
Cisco The- Kidd Poop

I'm a GIANT- CHI~Giant Chi's- More 2 Love!

Barked: Fri May 3, '13 4:05am PST 
We don't eats any of dat fancy foods we dont but WOW thanks for da warning!applausedancingway to golaugh out loud
Sparky

Lets Play

Barked: Fri May 3, '13 6:11am PST 
Thanks for the info!
We don't eat any of those either - but mom always checks the recall notices just to be sure!
I just don't understand how this happens so often confused

Tinker Bell- Forever

I love cookies!

Barked: Fri May 3, '13 4:15pm PST 
I did used to eat California Naturals. Still have some cans here, but will toss them.

Cisco, you are right, they are the more expensive foods.shrug It's really discouraging to see them being recalled. Makes you wonder...