Close X

The Blog Dog

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Willow

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 4:45am PST 
I have been wanting to do this for a very long time but felt maybe some wouldn't really be interested but I'm doing it anyway.

So this is the age of the BLOG! Most of us probably read one or two a day and probably have our favorites! If you have one you would like to share PLEASE share!!!

So let's get going!!

cheer hug rainbow little angel cheer hug rainbow little angel
Peanut "BB"- Sweet Angel

Mommy\'s little- suction cup

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 4:49am PST 
I read several blogs a day while at work and one in particular I have read for 5 or 6 years now and never miss an entry. Today Carol Hine has hit it to the mark, as she usually does and I just want to share her musings with you.

SAINTS (Senior Animals in Need Today Society) is located in Mission, BC, Canada. She gives a loving safe environment for the frail, sick and senior animals; dogs, cats, cows, horses, goats, chickens, ducks, birds....

She is a wonderful writer, never politically correct and their may be some four-letter words undesireable but she tells it like is is in the rescue world. She doesn't have kennels. The dogs & cats live in her home with her and it's amazing. She is a full-time nurse by day and couldn't do what she does without the help of her very small paid staff and many wonderful volunteers.

I hope you enjoy her posts as much as we do! puppy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feb. 11th, 2013 (Carol Hine)

i wonder…

Filed under: Uncategorized — Carol @ 9:38 pm
what is it about me that chooses to define myself by rescuing animals?

it is not just because i am drawn to them, like a moth to the flame..if this was all that it was, i would simply have pets.
it is not that i am a bleeding heart either, feeling sorry for the helpless and weak…if this was the case, i would be overwhelmed by all of their needs.

i think it is something different..i think i identify with them. i see my own failings and weakness. i see my own vulnerability, my own broken-ness.

i see these animals wrecked and destoyed, abandoned and betrayed..unwanted…. simply because they are flawed.

and it pisses me off.

i am not perfect..i am not anyone’s idyllic dream and i have true value and so do they.

we place value on who we are, what we have, what we have done. but we don’t value just being a broken nothing or no one.

i have gotten good value mileage out of being carol at saints….but no one values me for being old, wrecked, stupid and yes sometimes a bitch.
and that is a shame because that really is the best parts of me. those are the things that make living for me a battle in survival…that (so far) i win every day.

i was thinking about odie, jesse, phoebe, puff daddy and chance and how such biting, beastly dickheads who are so difficult to live with are such incredibly lovable creatures when they are so bad. how does the dark side of them get overshadowed by their light?

it is because they have despite themselves…. survived. and they were lucky enough to find a place where the not so great parts of them are valued as much as the rest.

if saints has done one single good thing for the animals here…it is that we have convinced the broken that they really are whole.

maybe that is why i choose to define myself by rescuing them. maybe that gift that i give them gives the same gift to me in the end.

way to go
Alabaster

Big Al

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 9:12am PST 
Now THAT was a good read! hug

Coyote Jane

Only the Good- Die Young

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 9:26am PST 
Amen sister!
Teddy, CGC

Little- Teddy- Weddy

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 11:10am PST 
way to go Very Good!

I have a blog just fur fun big grin I haven't updated it fur a while though naughty
http://tedzadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Edited by author Thu Feb 14, '13 11:10am PST

Willow

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 11:13am PST 
Aaaaww Teddy! I didn't know you had a blog! That is perfect place to show your beautiful pictures! cloud 9 cloud 9
Alabaster

Big Al

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 1:50pm PST 
Yay for Teddy pictures!! applause
Teddy, CGC

Little- Teddy- Weddy

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 1:53pm PST 
red face Hehe Thanks! You know Mum, she has about a billion! laugh out loud
Willow

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 2:06pm PST 
Teddy, that's because she's so darn good at it! cloud 9
Josie, NPC

I listen....when- me feels like it- BOL

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 2:41pm PST 
Neber readed a blog afore but was very interestinway to go
Mama hases been tinkin bouts doin one fur new writers, simple livin, or sumpin likes dat tho... is dey hards ta do?
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5