Sleeping Arrangements

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sparky

Lets Play

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 6:23am PST 
I know we have talked about this before, but it's a real issue at my house these days.

When Tucker was being such a bad boy, mom wouldn't let any of us sleep on the big bed with her anymore. And it really has improved Tucker's attitude. He sleeps happily in his crate. Molly and Katie did just fine in their bed that mom put on top of the crates.

Now the problem is ME red face I started whining in my crate. For a couple of months, I did awesome! Then I started waking mom up at 4 am, then 3:30 am then 3 am - she was NOT happy!

The newest thing we are trying is a little pen that fits two of our beds in the corner of mom's room. Me and the girls sleep in there. The first night mom didn't cover up the Pen real good and I climbed out. So now there are throws over all sides and I haven't tried to climb out again. The night I climbed out, I slept under the bed and no whining. So the last two nights I have done pretty good in there. Last night I only whined for a few minutes when mom put me in there.

So why do you think I don't like my crate now when it was OK at first? do you think I was lonely? that's the only thing mom can figure.

Do you sleep alone? or with your siblings?

Sparky
Cisco The- Kidd Poop

I'm a GIANT- CHI~Giant Chi's- More 2 Love!

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 12:13pm PST 
Gosh it does sound like you was lonely it do.
Junior and Vickie sleep curled up under the covers with mommy.
I lay on a pillow on da floor next to Annie dog and Vesta lays on a chest at the end of the bed that has a big pillow on it.
Grocho Kitty sleeps behind da couch downstairs and Marxsy Kitty sleeps either across mommy's legs close to her feet or on daddy's desk.

thinking
Sparky

Lets Play

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 6:09am PST 
You are good fur babies at your house! last night it was Tucker that hid under the bed and wouldn't come not - not even for a chicken treat shock The last couple of nights he wouldn't come to mom and stayed under the bed, BUT he'd follow her to the bathroom and let her pick him up and put him in his crate. Not last night. What is going on with us anyway???? He didn't fuss or whine, but I don't know where he slept.

I do know that mom misses having us curled up with her. We slept like that for so long. Now she gets cold red face

Victoria- (Vickie)- Poop

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 10:17am PST 
We is lucky we is ...cause if Mommy isn't in bed and Daddy is he lets us curl up close to him...he even lets us under da covers he do!dancing
Sparky

Lets Play

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 6:23am PST 
You have your dad trained well Vickie applause wink
Tinker Bell- Forever

I love cookies!

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 11:12pm PST 
Oh, my goodness! The Poop babies are lucky!cloud 9

Well my daddy never allowed me in the bed with him. But when he'd leave for work, mom would put only me in bed with her in the morning. Now, because of my leg, I'm never allowed on the bed. So my mommy made a bed on the floor next to her bed, human adult sized. I sleep there at night, and my mom joins me in the morning.

Halo at night sleeps in mom's room too, like me, but she's in a baby playpen. It has her bed, water, & newspaper in it.

For Shyla, remember, Halo and I do not like her at all, so she sleeps in the room across from us in a playpen too like Halo. Mom just doesn't want her to get into any mischief. Same playpen set up as Halo, but with a board over half of it, in case she tries to jump, it's not possible.

As for kitty, Story isn't allowed in either of these two rooms at night. My mom has playtime with her right before bedtime, so that way Story sleeps through the whole night without any problems.
All of us together during the day are quite a handful for my mom. So come nighttime my mom needs the peace and quiet. This setup works very well for us.

My mom wishes I could sleep in bed with her though, but at least we share the bed on the floor in the mornings or if dad is gone.

Sparky, I think you and Tucker probably miss sleeping with your mom. If you have to be kenneled, (is that a word?) maybe your kennels or gated area could be close to your mom. AT the old house, my dad wanted me kenneled. Not only did I have to have my kennel right next to my mom on the nightstand, but my mom used to have to have her hand right next to me. I'm very attached to my mom. If not, I'd be restless and whimper a bit.

Also,at our house, we all arent allowed the same privileges . If your mom misses sleeping with a pup or pups, those of you who don't misbehave should be able to sleep in bed with her. I'm allowed more privileges than my sisters, because I don't have to be as supervised as they all do. It all depends on your mom. Maybe she'd feel badly only letting some of you on the bed.

Tucker's issues also could improve, and then he could be allowed on the bed again. Your mom could try things out, then change them as needed. But your mom definitely needs her sleep.
Sparky

Lets Play

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 5:45am PST 
Tinker Bell - you all do good sleeping by yourselves - that is great! Our kitty has the extra two bedrooms and can roam the house at night if she wants to. She spends most of her time in the room with her food, litter box and kitty condo. She doesn't use the condo much anymore cause we think her hips just don't want her to jump and climb these days.

Mom closes the bedroom door to our room - it's not a real big room and we are close to mom in there. The playpen setup is working real well right now. With me in with the girls, I haven't whined. Tucker does well on his own in the crate. Mom has started carrying him in there first and putting him to bed. The she carries me in there and puts me in the pen. The girls are TOO good and will follow mom right in and wait to be picked up and put inside - we get a little piece of chicken when we are in our beds.

She did think about letting the girls sleep with her. But it didn't seem fair so she didn't do that. They do great as long as they can snuggle together no matter where their bed is. I am doing better with the girls for company. We are wondering if Tucker prefers to be alone - or at least does better alone - cause he was an only pup. His mom just had him and he had no litter mates when he was born.

Dad's can really change the way we sleep - they seem to be "tougher" than mom's! Mom's boyfriend is/was really good about sharing mom with us, but when he was here, Tucker would be grumpier. Probably cause we were not used to having to share mom with a human! BOL

Yep, mom's sure do need their sleep. She is a lot happier and more fun when she has gotten a good night's sleep.
Loki

Dung Fanatic

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '12 8:14am PST 
Loki currently sleeps alone in a plush bed in the living room with two warm blankets. He's very good at being alone at night and only scratches at my bedroom door when he needs to go out.

Loki at first slept with a person but he snores and licks himself so loudly and that wasn't going to work out, ha.
Tinker Bell- Forever

I love cookies!

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '12 8:28am PST 
Some dads do really change the dynamics of things. My daddy, he does not like sleeping with pets at all!! He also doesn't like us in the car! shrug confused

BOL on Loki snoring and licking. Glad he's good at sleeping by himself. cloud 9
Sparky

Lets Play

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 6:15am PST 
Hmm I snore too red face

Well mom added some cardboard to the little sleeping area. I found out I could climb out even if the blanket covered it up. Now I am doing better - have curled up and not tried to climb for a couple nights now.

And Tucker gets carried to bed now too. It's working even if it's kind of a hassle - but two trips and us all sleeping nicely is worth it!
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2